You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Lying about a lie by a liar defending a lie

Message 1 of 56

You haven't seen the claim made by the right that Obama is responsible for the growth of ISIS because he once referred to them as the JV team? Isn't that the claim you're making?

No, cat. Read carefully and I believe you will get it. I'll do it one more time - it has been claimed that ISIS is the fault of President Bush. I have opined that if Bush created ISIS, it was (per Obama) a jv team. If, in fact it grew into something more than a jv team, it happened on Obama's watch.

It doesn't matter what Obama did. You would be blaming him for ISIS.

Well, never know will we since they did "blossom" on his watch? But then, you do read minds, dontcha?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 56

john - they were awaiting our involvement. Mrs. Clinton pushed the Administration into the support of the ousting of Gaddafi.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

Considering the topic, it is hard to get Clinton out of my mind.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 56

Cp5EirNUAAAUgH8.jpg

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 56

@rk9152 wrote:

cat - in one article you think you agree with the author - although he did offer, "You have Libya, where we intervened but did not occupy" - but the other you don't agree so his words don't count. An interesting "intellectual" approach.

I'm always amazed at the excuses the right comes up with. They focus on a single comment by President Obama--that ISIS was the JV team, an obvious attempt to disparage--as the reason for ISIS' growth.

Second time you've used that one. Any substantiation besides you own creative imagination?

I agree completely with the New York Times reporter in the Democracy Now! interview--no ifs, ands, or buts. Please read the article.

No, I don't discount people who disagree with me. I do discount conspiracy nuts.

You are the poster I'm referring to who constantly refers to Obama's comment about the JV team.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 56

I see the hair you're trying to split, rk. Your claim is that Obama is responsible for ISIS becoming a major terrorist organization. I'm calling bull puckey. The Iraq invasion and our subsequent mismanagement of the occupation is entirely responsible for ISIS.

You haven't seen the claim made by the right that Obama is responsible for the growth of ISIS because he once referred to them as the JV team? Isn't that the claim you're making?

Stop splitting hairs to explain hare-brained talking points. Gaddafi would be gone regardless of whether we joined other NATO forces in providing air support. Please read what Shane said about the Middle East--there are no good options. If we had remained completely out of the Libya fight, you'd be complaining about that. Your comment about "leading from behind" makes no more sense than your comment about the JV team.

It doesn't matter what Obama did. You would be blaming him for ISIS.

Unless we understand what really happened--unless we understand why the Iraq invasion was such a terrible mistake--we're going to repeat that mistake when some other cowboy president comes along.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 56

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Is it your point that the Administration did not influence the removal of Gaddafi? The "leading from behind" referred to after the pot was boiling, not lighting the fire.

-------------------

Removal of Gaddafi, with our support being largely at the insistance of Hillary, did much to aid the growth and spread of ISIS across North Africa.  Like with Saddam, of course he was a dictator, but he did control the spread of these groups.

Try looking at the subject again. It was France who took the lead in Libya not the US and not Clinton. We came in after most of NATO agreed to lead the operation, and needed our help from the air. Get Clinton out of your mind for awhile as it really hurts what you post.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 56

@rk9152 wrote:

Is it your point that the Administration did not influence the removal of Gaddafi? The "leading from behind" referred to after the pot was boiling, not lighting the fire.

-------------------

Removal of Gaddafi, with our support being largely at the insistance of Hillary, did much to aid the growth and spread of ISIS across North Africa.  Like with Saddam, of course he was a dictator, but he did control the spread of these groups.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 56

cat - in one article you think you agree with the author - although he did offer, "You have Libya, where we intervened but did not occupy" - but the other you don't agree so his words don't count. An interesting "intellectual" approach.

I'm always amazed at the excuses the right comes up with. They focus on a single comment by President Obama--that ISIS was the JV team, an obvious attempt to disparage--as the reason for ISIS' growth.

Second time you've used that one. Any substantiation besides you own creative imagination?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 56

I feel like I am eaves dropping on a Mensa meeting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 56

Rk pretends that it's an act of arrogance to interpret these posts as blaming Obama for ISIS. I'm not sure what hair rk is splitting, but it sure sounds like blaming Obama to me.

cat - that may be because you either did not read or did not understand, "cat, I am not blaming Obama of ISIS. I am just pointing out that he inherited a JV team and it grew on his watch."

The right has been pushing the notion that the fact that Obama once referred to ISIS as the JV team explains ISIS' growth. This absurdity is too foolish to discuss.

I have not seen such a claim. Possibly you can point out an example.

Kudos
Views