Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Looks like Trump will not take his day in court after all.

Message 11 of 15

@LouD17624 wrote:

This is not a surprise. Trump knows he can't fool all of the people all of the time. Testifying under oath is the last thing he wants to do.

Now I'm wondering if he'll agree to even a single debate with the Dem nominee before the election. I don't think he will.

I don't expect tRump to ever participate in the hearings.  His lawyers are probably afraid they can't control him and his mouth. He may try to plead the fifth but with pressure he would surely lose it and resort to insulting and lying, committing perjury. But, the White House Lawyer Pat Cipollone, claims he may participate in the future:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/white-house-will-not-participate-wednesda...

Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

This is not a surprise. Trump knows he can't fool all of the people all of the time. Testifying under oath is the last thing he wants to do.

Now I'm wondering if he'll agree to even a single debate with the Dem nominee before the election. I don't think he will.

"The buck stops here." Harry S Truman
"I don't take responsibility at all." Donald J. Trump
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Most likely tRump has been advised not to so that he doesn't commit perjury and/or act a fool for everyone to see.

Yes, remember when his lawyers advised him not to be interviewed by Robert Mueller?   Same thing, with his penchant for hyperbole, they're afraid he will commit perjury.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

Most likely tRump has been advised not to so that he doesn't commit perjury and/or act a fool for everyone to see.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Looks like Trump will not take his day in court after all.

Message 15 of 15

Remember all the times Trump said the process was not fair because he was not able to present his case........well........looks like his case has so many holes in it Trump will not be presenting it...........no surprise. 

White House won’t take part in first House Judiciary impeachment hearing

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors