Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 13

@afisher wrote:

The RW here will never admit that they are wrong - about anything....just like Donald they are so self-involved that they only care about themselves.

When proven that their nonsense is WRONG, they ignore it, like that somehow changes the facts.  

The point being is that "life is not so normal' in Sweden.   They have done the ONE thing that the ranters are screaming against:   they have embraced "social distancing".   https://www.thelocal.se/20200424/interview-isabella-lovin-coronavirus-the-biggest-myth-about-sweden-...

Sweden has done something that the RW will never do....as long as donald is in charge:  It is relying on the citizens to be responsible for flattening the curve.    At the same time the government has admitted that it failed those living in nursing homes.  https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/05/sweden-hasnt-locked-down-but-normal-life-is-a-lux...

Thank you for the truth, Afisher.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Hey. You can always trust a right wing protester to tell the truth. 

Fake RN.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

The RW here will never admit that they are wrong - about anything....just like Donald they are so self-involved that they only care about themselves.

When proven that their nonsense is WRONG, they ignore it, like that somehow changes the facts.  

The point being is that "life is not so normal' in Sweden.   They have done the ONE thing that the ranters are screaming against:   they have embraced "social distancing".   https://www.thelocal.se/20200424/interview-isabella-lovin-coronavirus-the-biggest-myth-about-sweden-...

Sweden has done something that the RW will never do....as long as donald is in charge:  It is relying on the citizens to be responsible for flattening the curve.    At the same time the government has admitted that it failed those living in nursing homes.  https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/05/sweden-hasnt-locked-down-but-normal-life-is-a-lux...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@LouLit01 wrote:

I'm glad conservatives have wised up and decided to follow Sweden's lead. I've been extolling the virtues of Scandinavian countries for years.

If we had universal healthcare, like Sweden, everyone with symptoms of this plague would feel free to go to a doctor or hospital and get checked out.

If our government agencies were fiercely independent, like Sweden's, this crises would not be politicized. People there follow the advice of medical experts without confusing lies and contradictions and bad advice from politicians. Everyone there is on the same page.

Sweden's economy is tanking like ours but they started with a higher standard of living than we have, a viable social safety net, a tiny national debt, as well as a fair and progressive tax system.

This is a free and democratic society with a healthy capitalist economy. Private, for profit companies vie fiercely to provide the services Sweden offers for reasonable prices.

Thanks, conservatives, for advocating that we be more like Sweden. If we were we could use their much more open system for managing this epidemic. But we have Trump and Kushner and Pence trying to run things while disputing the findings of the CDC, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the NIH as a whole.

That's why we can't do what Sweden does. Let's fix that. Trump, Kushner and Pence have zero experience and no training in this field yet they have no problem contradicting medical experts. This is the way to dusty death.

Yep, we shoud be more like Sweden.  Thanks Lou !

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I'm glad conservatives have wised up and decided to follow Sweden's lead. I've been extolling the virtues of Scandinavian countries for years.

If we had universal healthcare, like Sweden, everyone with symptoms of this plague would feel free to go to a doctor or hospital and get checked out.

If our government agencies were fiercely independent, like Sweden's, this crises would not be politicized. People there follow the advice of medical experts without confusing lies and contradictions and bad advice from politicians. Everyone there is on the same page.

Sweden's economy is tanking like ours but they started with a higher standard of living than we have, a viable social safety net, a tiny national debt, as well as a fair and progressive tax system.

This is a free and democratic society with a healthy capitalist economy. Private, for profit companies vie fiercely to provide the services Sweden offers for reasonable prices.

Thanks, conservatives, for advocating that we be more like Sweden. If we were we could use their much more open system for managing this epidemic. But we have Trump and Kushner and Pence trying to run things while disputing the findings of the CDC, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and the NIH as a whole.

That's why we can't do what Sweden does. Let's fix that. Trump, Kushner and Pence have zero experience and no training in this field yet they have no problem contradicting medical experts. This is the way to dusty death.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

aruzinsky wrote:

You don't determine the values of others.  They are fully entitled to a give me liberty or give me death belief.

************************************************************************************

tRump supporters often misunderstand what "Liberty" means, it does not mean you get to do whatever you want.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

aruzinsky: They are fully entitled to a give me liberty or give me death belief.

Yes they are entitled to any belief they want, but they are not entitled to act irresponsibly and become disease vectors who endanger others.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

ChasKy:  They look like chicken droppings assault wannabes.

That's probably because that's what they are.😂  Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that the most intense protests are happening in battleground states? It must also be just a coincidence that they carry many of the same signs and flags etc.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@PaulH627938 wrote:

don't these protesters realize their lives are more important than jobs? i would rather loose my livelyhood than my life.

You don't determine the values of others.  They are fully entitled to a give me liberty or give me death belief.

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Yea Sweden, right... look at how that's working out. A snapshot of almost a months time with the latest numbers (rounded down) of Norway (lockdown) vs. Sweden (partial lockdown)

Norway Population

2020 estimate 5,367,580 [16] (120th)

Density 13.9/km2 (36.0/sq mi) (213th)

04-22-20 Covid Cases: 7k

04-22-20 Deaths: 182

05-16-20 Covid Cases: 8k

05-16-20 Deaths: 232

Sweden Population

2020 census 10,333,456 [9] (88th)

Density 23/km2 (59.6/sq mi) (198th)

04-22-20 Covid Cases: 15k

04-22-20 Deaths: 1.7k

05-16-20 Covid Cases: 29k

05-16-20 Deaths: 3.5k

So we have similar population density although 1/2 the population of Sweden so we halve everything and we have approximately 1/2 the cases and what like 1/5th the deaths?

ALL HAIL TRUMP!  now you know what he means about "Draining the swamp"...

"Don't worry about the oil running out, worry about the food running out"
Professor Al Bartlett PhD (emeritus 1923-2013)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors