Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Living While Being Black in White America

Message 41 of 51

Thank White men for raising the quality of life for everyone via technology.  The poorest people today live better and longer than the richest people did a century ago.  Thanks to White men, you can afford a $12.99 box fan to keep you cool instead of having a slave or servant fan you with a palm branch.

Instead of counting their technological blessings due to White men, the greedy liberal ingrates want you to focus on keeping up with the Jones, especially if the Jones are White.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 51

@Soosie wrote:

It looks like the hotel took care of this and fired the employees.  

I think whitey gets off too easy (yes, I'm white too), and always will until something changes. I think it's time the black community took a page out of Trump's playbook, and takes steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. Instead of a Muslim ban, though, this will be the start of a discrimination ban.

And it starts with suing DoubleTree into bankruptcy and liquidation. So then all the employees are out of jobs. See, not all employees contributed to the attack on Massey, but they'll all have to pay for it just the same, which is exactly what Trump's Muslim ban does.

But, but, these poor DoubleTree employees that kicked him out for no reason whatsoever were just exercising their first amendment rights to be big ole white supremacists. Somebody cue the violin music!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 51

It looks like the hotel took care of this and fired the employees.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 51

Very thoughtful and intelligent responses by all.....but one.  You would think whites would "see the light" but sadly, it only illuminates their racism.  I think his attorney will take it to Hilton...it's what attorney's do.  I also think Civil Rights charges should be filed, if appropriate, to the employees and police officers.  The police should have known better.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 51

Living While Being Black in White America

Saw this in a news clip, the employees were real jerks. Discharging them was the right thing to do.

I think I would need more information before making  judgement on the hotel, did they have a policy, do they have a history, what is their reputation, that sort of thing.

I think it's good these incidents are reported and discussed. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 51

BigLib

I couldn't agree more with your post. We just have to all stand strong against the HATE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 51

I hope Massey sues DoubleTree back to the stone age. Time to start hitting these racists in the one place they love more than their hatred for people that don't look like they do.

And here's one more - from NYC, a white guy starts yelling at 2 black guys waiting on their uber, claiming they don't live in the same apartment building. Hint, one of them does live there, which means it also must be suspicious to have friends to your place while black.

https://people.com/human-interest/hallway-harry-nyc-white-man-confronted-black-neighbor/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 51

When I was much younger, I used to think there was more racism than white people thought but less racism than what black people thought. I figured the truth was somewhere in the middle.

Now I just believe black people. This is outrageous.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 51

ellen degeneres disney GIF

VIMTSTL
Kudos