Living PROOF of election hacking by Russia perhaps.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Living PROOF of election hacking by Russia perhaps.

Message 11 of 25

Links are now coming from legitimate news sources re arrest , no longer looking fake to most Americans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/alleged-russian-hacker-arrested-in-spain-at-us-re...

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-hackers-spain-pyotr-levashov-arrest-us-election-581546

I honestly don't know if Breitbart will be reporting anytime soon but, thhat's just me.

Same with Fox news US. Doubt it but, might be pleasantly surprised if they do. Afterall, FOX.AU and FOX run newspaper from the old Rupert becomes a media mogul expert , published the story.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

http://addictinginfo.org/2017/04/10/wife-of-arrested-russian-hacker-just-spoke-out-and-trump-is-shak...

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/04/alleged-spam-king-pyotr-levashov-arrested/

Authorities in Spain have arrested a Russian computer programmer thought to be one of the world’s most notorious spam kingpins.

Spanish police arrested Pyotr Levashov under an international warrant executed in the city of Barcelona, according to Reuters. Russian state-run television station RT (formerly Russia Today) reported that Levashov was arrested while vacationing in Spain with his family

Levashov allegedly went by the aliases Peter Severa and Peter of the North (Pyotr is the Russian form of Peter). My reporting indicates that — in addition to spamming activities — Severa was responsible for running multiple criminal operations that paid virus writers and spammers to install “fake antivirus” software. So-called “fake AV” uses malware and/or programming tricks to bombard the victim with misleading alerts about security threats, hijacking the PC until its owner either pays for a license to the bogus security software or figures out how to remove the invasive program.

Your guess is as real as mine but, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it COULD BE A DUCK.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@umbarch64 wrote:

I bet by now you really do know you can't take anyone's word for much of anything.

--

I've known that most all my life, and especially I don't take anyone's word on discussion sites until I vet them.  And as I said I've dealt with data analysis and that's part of the job...sorting out the chaff.  There is much of that here.

And I do read sites from all sides, even finding truth on places like FOX, etc.  And even finding false information from liberal sites like Washington Post.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Frozenoem wrote:

Further searches bring more tidbits on the news.

--

I'll admit that I'm getting old, but having a background in data analysis, I don't take any one site as being the authority.  Instead I have bookmarked on my browser sites from USAToday, through different partisan sites, FOX included, and including foreign sites.

Nah...it's sorta like riding a bicycle.  Start with a good teacher, pay attention and you never really do forget how.  I won't snark at you about your age if you don't snark at me about mine.  Other people would do well to follow the example of data inlusion you cite...still, once a source is shown to be unreliable, it does pay to 'vet' ALL information coming from it.  Prudent to do that.  You know why that is.

Following that including what is NOT said in the media and relying on some years experience in intelligence, I believe there is more to this Russian hacking story then what has been released.  And knowing that even when they release something, there is enough released as proof that they're not just blowing smoke.

Believe means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so. I think your belief has some validity. That you are being 'spoon-fed' is 'probable', however.  It isn't just the Russians doing it.  That observation is non-partisan.

And if the outgoing President of the United States has basically leveled some charges that his successor had illegitimate help without offering that tidbit of proof, then something is suspect.

See....I missed where Obama himself did that.  I did see where Trump himself leveled charges against his predecessor without offering that tidbit of proof.

Not to quibble though, it is 'possible' the 'outgoing President of the United States knew what was afoot in the campaign on both sides and did nothing to stop it.  He's done that before.  Still, with your background and all, you wouldn't fall for the old "where there's smoke, there's fire" ploy, or would you?

Add to that the fact that the DNC emails was supposedly hacked but refuses to let the FBI investigate, then something is wrong.   Even Hillary and her campaign's email system security comes across as being lousy, that no doubt a young kid could have hacked them. 

So...having said those things, IF a full-blown investigation were to be mounted, could the DNC actuallly withhold the e-mails IF AND WHEN served with a properly ordered subpoena ?  Sorry...I doubt that is the case.  So let's have that investigation. 

Regarding Hillary...ANY US official using a separate e-mail system from the official government approved system, regardless of perceived security issues, is off the reservation...you know or should know why. That's Hillary's personal screw-up.  It doesn't rise to the level of a full-blown "c---------k" by the entire administration.  You know that too.

And yes, I also do a whois on sites, including ownership also.

Good for you.  Got all the phony players weeded out yet?  Big job, isn't it ?  I bet by now you really do know you can't take anyone's word for much of anything.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

Personally I have no faith in electronic voting machines. Too easily hacked proof of concepts exist.

Remember Gore-Bush election of dangling chads and chaff. Back then proven hacks on Win98 or Xp machines Diebold perhaps and another.

No punching of boxes either.

whAt I'd like to see is x or check mark in the box to return. No electronic BS.

Reason for electronic was faster news coverage on election night.

chad, chaff, hold this here that there and punch away is stupid. Plain and simple works, paper ballot works, check mark ✅ or X - simple.

Hacks on USB ported modern machines this election seal were removed on machines in Detroit and Chicago but, still used.

Note my guy wasn't elected.

Note 48 years in computers and electronics, I don't care how long a vote tally takes, I trust a ✅. Simple, hand tally works, put in wooden box and count the dang things.

Cruise through google and look for links to hacking of Diebold voting machines, too much flotsam floating in my mind of hacks and security breaches over the years. I know the Gore Bush ones had proof of concept in hacking journals for early voting machines, quick plug in on DOS changed. Vote tally in txt file.

This year a little better but, USB ports were sealed with tape only. Plug flash or cell in and edit the numbers.

On site and on server hacks/breaches happen.

When reported by news during elections that people mysteriously became dem, rep, or independents - during primary and elections it was discounted.

When people waited in line for hours around blocks, in cities it was nah, only in few places. Big cities and small, towns not so much. Me proved identity, 5 minutes later, made my check mark ✅ and left. Small town 700 people, pollsters knew me but, passport and other ID later, I exist, I voted.

Hacking/changing numbers happens, irregardless of precautions, if not 100% locked down and removed from internet.

Just 48 years or whenever 1968 happened, of experience later. Do a google for the old Diebold voting machines, might have been communications today or Infoworld?? A computer news magazine from dark ages, for Vars , Vads, system integrators etc.

I still subscribe to 50 analog printed, and digital downloaded magazines so, it has started to meld into one lump of data.

Thats it need coffee and a wee dram of whatever still exists in cupboard. We'll either be proven one way or the other perhaps. After the Diebold bit, I tend to doubt it though. Reports then were of another machine also hacked easily via lpt1 port or serial port.

Technology marches on to USB and Internet hacking via modem.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@Frozenoem wrote:

--

I'll admit that I'm getting old, but having a background in data analysis, I don't take any one site as being the authority.  Instead I have bookmarked on my browser sites from USAToday, through different partisan sites, FOX included, and including foreign sites.

Following that including what is NOT said in the media and relying on some years experience in intelligence, I believe there is more to this Russian hacking story then what has been released.  And knowing that even when they release something, there is enough released as proof that they're not just blowing smoke.

And if the outgoing President of the United States has basically leveled some charges that his successor had illegitimate help without offering that tidbit of proof, then something is suspect.

Add to that the fact that the DNC emails was supposedly hacked but refuses to let the FBI investigate, then something is wrong.   Even Hillary and her campaign's email system security comes across as being lousy, that no doubt a young kid could have hacked them.

And yes, I also do a whois on sites, including ownership also.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@easyed598 wrote:

PC wrote_Afisher- As Dorothy  would say, Toto  we are in Kansas anymore.  The right will deny this as coincidence.  I guess we stay tuned as another Russian/ US LINK plays out.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah ,these two individuals were in this country twisting people`s arms to vote for Trump. Can`t deny this irrefuteable  proof. If you believe this, yes Toto you are not in Kansas anymore!

When are we all going to really understand as to what happened during the elections.?

There has NEVER BEEN ANY EVIDENCE THAT THE RUSSIANS CHANGED VOTES IN THE LAST ELECTIONS
So, let's be clear about that. 
So, how did they intervened?  simple, by the manipulation of news propagated in that period of time.
Not that Hillary was maligned by lies. She did have a server that perhaps it shouldn't have been. The Clintons do have that Foundations that perhaps is not all that great. and Hillary was the anoited candidate by the Democratic Party, and they did anything and everything to have her as their candidate.
They simply, disregarded the "newcomer" Bernie Sanders, and completely disregarded what he was bringing to the people and what was his message.
in the meanwhile, Weekyleaks, was simply dissemination information about Hilarry, her emails hacking the DNC  and doing damage to the Clinton Campaign
To simply come back and now give the Russian hacking an importance that I really think it didn't have. and not thinking as to what Trump was saying and the nationalistic and populist approach of his words. is simply hiding their heads in the sand.
Clinton was a bad candidate. and so was Trump. the difference was that Trump told many that he being an outsider would fix DC and shake the status quo, and tell middle American that he will take care of them by "Making America Great"  and they believed him, instead of the known rethoric of Clinton.
You all know how many times I posted here "Are you all listening" ? 
What Americans failed miserably was in not paying attention to the unintended consequences of a Trump election.And if they were not rabid Republicans or Tea Party people, what a Trump election could mean to this country. Again, they disregarded the propblem  Two branches of Government being in power by one Political Party.
And that is where the whole thing lies. so Russia hacked the elections. yes, to what extent did they do harm?
Those are the questions that we need to answer. did the Trump transition team were the ones feeding the Russians with information that would affect the elections (not the vote) but the people that would be voting.?
And how far did they go? 
It is important for this country to elevate the engagement that needs to be present in our citizens so that they are aware of what happens in our politics. and then get out and vote.

no name
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

Call me old Tex but, after Trump said everything is fake news, more fog show.

I tend to do a Whois on anything I read, and don't believe much, I especially tend to discount most professionally designed, godaddy server hosted news services.

try inputting the following into an open browser window.

whois theintercept.com

And then tell me who hosts the news, and when they were founded 2009 if memory is correct.$100 bucks anyone, Can get a domain and become a news site.

Thats why when I read the initial report on my feed it was who, they were related to Faux gave me doubts.

The name of reported hacker did check out as arrested in other non faux media. Today more feeds are still running with same report hasn't been squashed, still appears reputable. But, it's still under secrecy ongoing investigation by 6 bodies. FBI,CIA,NSA, Senate, Congress and one other group.

My troubles even if election was hacked,and investigations ongoing (6 months to conclusion by my senator for end). The Donald and GOP are still changing the constitution, selecting SCOTUS (nuclear option is a foxtrot American we got what we wanted), etc.

Tell me straight up, rigged election by Russia&Trump, in cahoots. How that for keeping your faith in a Democracy or Republic your call on the verbiage.

Does it give you just a warm and fuzzy feeling all over your body, or shake you to the very core of your being.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@easyed598 wrote:

--

If there had been sufficient evidence, then why didn't the outgoing and defeated administration provide it?  Yes it was defeated because the Democratic candidate was to be Obama's surrogate for a third term. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors