Living PROOF of election hacking by Russia perhaps.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Living PROOF of election hacking by Russia perhaps.

Message 1 of 25

@jimc91

Nagging thoughts of broken seals brought me to check my notes on where and when , my eyeball visual was 2008.

Not, this election,😇 Ain't maturity grand.

But, I did find the links to earlier hacks on other voting machines with IrDA, etc. 

And somewhere in "NIST.GOV" there is a 600+ page proof of concept on wifi hacking of tallies. Saw it on a search but, cellphones and readers regardless of boredom isn't happening.

Frozen

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

The Diebold hacking white paper kept nagging at me, so, I googled it.

You can read it you so, desire.

https://www.usenix.org/legacy/events/evt07/tech/full_papers/feldman/feldman_html/

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/2016/09/20/which-voting-machines-can-be-hacked-through-the-internet/

Serial ports, lpt1, IrDA transmitters, wirelessly, etc. I think one of the old schools might date to a nist.gov 694pg. document but, I'd rather not go down that route. I'm no longer as sharp as I was in the early days. I see 694 pages and my eyes glaze over.

My go to's would be mit its in google, nist, etc. But, kindly recall your privacy doesn't exist anymore on-line.  judging by the security risk my  phone just got. Eww, and my laptop.  Enjoy.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@Frozenoem alrighty then... Please let us know how all that works out...

#MAGA

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

I saw eyeballs voting machines in Detroit, pictures on hacking sites (network security) of Chicago with their seals ripped over USB ports.

The seals are there to prevent diddling with the machines tallies.

Do I have doubts about the election results - yeah but, I wasn't on the clock. Just on a gig and in the right place.

I still remember the Diebold of old and susceptibilities to hacks by lpt1 and serial ports. Too much clutter in my mind, can't remember exactly technical journal it was published and when.

After a while 48+ year, all white papers start to meld together. Best I recall I did, earlier in this thread maybe?

And as of last night there was report of RNC hack as well, and RNC hiring for $50&60K a U.K. Spy group connected to Russia.

Dont ask I might find again, tired of operating 2-man shop as 1 man for 9 foxtrot months. I need vacay and a much younger partner back, as I aim for rum&colas on the beach.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

@Roxanna35 wrote:

"... Now, we what middle American didn't think, was the unintended consequence of that change. and didn't bothered to make sure that the power of this country didn't fall on one party."

The entire presidential election outcome hinged on 100,000 or so people in Central and Western PA (the fact that Clinton also lost Michigan and WI was a bonus for Trump but I don't think it mattered to the electoral college outcome). The Democrats  apparently did not campaign in Central and Western PA, despite the blowback Obama got nine years ago when running against Clinton in the 2008 primary when he said of the same people: 

• "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

So instead of the Clintons admitting that they did not do the the blocking and tackling you have to do when you expect to win a state, the Democrats have blamed:

-- Fake news on Facebook about her falling into her car on 9/11 (when anyone who cared could see the film at 11)

-- James Comey

-- Wikipedia posting Clinton campaign emails (that dissed Bernie Sanders)

-- Hacking of election machines in PA

-- Jill Stein (who then went to court claiming Trump hacked the election machines in PA)

-- Hatred of women

-- The Russians hacking election machines in PA

-- The Russians posting fake news on Facebook

-- All those bible thumbers in Central and Western PA tuning into the propaganda on Radio Moscow on their short-wave radios every night

-- The Russians colluding with Trump to hack election machines in PA, and post fake news on FB put out by James Comey about Jill Stein 

-- Hatred of women

Oh, by the way, the loss had nothing to do with Clinton calling those 100,000 people in Central and Western PA "deplorables." Or her getting a quarter of a million dollars from firms like Goldman Sachs for a 20-minute speech. Or her vote for the Iraq War.

So what were the people in Central and Western PA to do to keep checks and balances? They needed to vote for a Democratic Senator and Democratic Congresspeople even as they were voting for Trump.

Oh, wait a minute... it looks like that's what they did in every race where there was an open seat.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, has anyone seen any proof that any hackers (Russian or otherwise) effected the outcome of our elections?

I sincerely believe that only in this message board is where no one wants to believe that the outcome of these elections has to do with the fact that there were two very bad candidates. one of them was speaking to Middle America and the other was speaking to Manhattan, and the urban America. and let's face it, after 8 years of a party, usually the pendulum goes to the other side, a change is welcome

Now, we what middle American didn't think, was the unintended consequence of that change. and didn't bothered to make sure that the power of this country didn't fall on one party.
We have two elections today, let's see how that part of the country feels about what is going on today.

no name
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Apparently a Russian national has been engaging in hacking for years. Nothing new in that. According to online articles from CNBC, CNN, and USNews, among others, (I'll skip Fox and Breitbart so as to not upset anyone) billions have been lost to American business over the year to hackers - this is not something new.

Now, has anyone seen any proof that any hackers (Russian or otherwise) effected the outcome of our elections?

Too FUNNY...

You and I both know that IF any hard evidence existed on this topic it would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country not to mention the TV NEWS ( I use the term NEWs lightly).

They have been trying to connect TRUMP to Russia for the past 8 months with no evidence and been on the Russia "hacked the election" with no evidence since they LOST.

I have to also laugh at this.  Podesta fell for a "phishing email scam" and voluntarily GAVE his email password to the sender.  What an imbecile!  I get phishing emails all the time, they are very easy to recognize.  Now Podesta was Hillary's campaign manager and the dems just have no idea how they could have lost the 2016 election to TRUMP...

Yes, this is just TOO FUNNY.

One added note.  President Trump just sent a clear message to President Assad (and the entire world) that it is NOT OK to use chemical weapons on children by sending missile's to destroy the base infrastructure where the chemicals attacks originated from.  Syria is clearly a Russian ally.  If President Trump was in bed with the Russians why would he do this?  I know, there is no logical way to connect those dots, right?  The Dems think there is and it was done to help President Trump.

Just think how often our friends on the left like to accuse others of "conspiracy theories"... Go figure.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

@Frozenoem wrote:

Read the initial and second link if you wish or not - your call.

According to my Pols 6 more months for 6 more investigations of Trump.

Lot of stuff can happen and yes, he was arrested by Feds for allegedly writing a virus to affect polling servers.

Least that's what he told his wife. 

Frozen

--

All of this hacking stuff would have been more credible if it hadn't been Democrats making the accusations when they were losing the presidential race.  And if the DNC had allowed the FBI to do forsenics on their server.  Too many "ifs" connected with the Democrat's complaints. 

There should be no doubt that Obama wanted Hillary to be his surrogate third term to protect his legacy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

Read the initial and second link if you wish or not - your call.

According to my Pols 6 more months for 6 more investigations of Trump.

Lot of stuff can happen and yes, he was arrested by Feds for allegedly writing a virus to affect polling servers.

Least that's what he told his wife. 

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

Apparently a Russian national has been engaging in hacking for years. Nothing new in that. According to online articles from CNBC, CNN, and USNews, among others, (I'll skip Fox and Breitbart so as to not upset anyone) billions have been lost to American business over the year to hackers - this is not something new.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors