Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: List of GOP Candidates We Must Defeat

Message 1 of 7

I love the naysayers (non-Activist) attempting to  tell Activists what they should and should not do.   Cognitive Dissonance is hugely apparent.    Had these folks been to any of the activists meeting and listened to what was being said / shared, they could actually learn something rather that continue their nonsense prattle about their form of faux activism.  

Had these people understood what is really going on recently is the way that funds are being donated and aggregated outside the standard political regime (both parties) and that these funds are not being used in the Party primary - but instead going to the Dem who wins the primary and will go up against the GOP candidate.      Gee, that means if you are really wanting to change a representation then how about some actual work - aka one of the big 3:   call, walk or registration of voters.    

Or are some of the complaining people going to sit on the sidelines and whine - which never changes any political person.  

Here in South Texas for example, the groups of activists leverage their power to put pressure on a long term GOP. So, if one Congressional member is liberal and safe, then we don't have to expend all our time / energy to  get him re-elected, we can and do work for/with other groups to remove the Republicans.    And yes, it is working and the whining is coming for bergs that were once considered safely RED. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
I would add Cathy McMorris Rogers. #4 Ranking Republican in House. Been in D.C. for at least 12-14 years if not longer. She is tough to beat here in Eastern Washington, thanks to some gerry mandering. But a good candidate with some money and a good message stands a chance I think. May have a woman running against here next year. Will see. That just might be the ticket I think.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

I have been saying that now forever they should stop attacking Trump on a personal basis, they should attack his policies. Hillary did that, remember the "deplorables"  it doen't do one tiny thing.
Attack policies. that is what hit homes. and do call on the Republican Congressmen.  and Senators. and tell them how you feel. There is no sense in calling the Democrats, we all know how they are going to vote.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@m447455e wrote:

Great start. To this list I would add Tom Reed R-23 NY. Even though he seems to have a safe seat, his district voted for Obama in 2012 and 2016.

To the wider audience: which organizations seem to be the most effective at this point?

It depends on your particular interests.......................I stay as far away from Democratic Establishment Groups as possible but sometimes they are the only game in town

I like the - Daily Kos - Indivisible - The Town Hall Project - Justice Democrats - New Republic

American Civil Liberties Union - Democratic Governors Association

Beginning in the 1930s, Democrats were the party of the working class. Their vision of social justice involved protections for workers, small businesspeople, family farms, and independent retailers.

In the 1970s, however, Democrats decided to adopt a new ideology that viewed Wall Street as useful and efficient, rather than as a threat.

They began to allow big business to make important technological and political decisions that affect all of us.

Right now, Democrats are just panicking and whining and saying, “You have to say mean things about Trump on Twitter,” as if that’s a strategy.

Instead, you should fight Trump on economic populist grounds. Today, farmers face monopoly power in the form of Bayer, Monsanto, ADM, and Tyson. People in urban areas face other monopolies, but they’re driven by the same concentrated financial power. The ideology of Democrats should be to break up that power.

You can fight Trump by saying, “It’s outrageous that he wants to allow the merger between Sprint and T-Mobile, because that’s going to raise our cell phone bills and put our telecom infrastructure in the hands of a guy who might be interested in censorship.” You can fight him the way Bernie Sanders has on the Carrier deal, by saying, “We’re going to deny you federal contracts if you’re offshoring jobs and you’re profitable.”

When it comes to the trillions of dollars that corporations are holding in offshore bank accounts, Democrats could strike a deal to allow that money to come home tax-free. Or they could fight it by saying, “This money is just going to be used to pay off shareholders and pay for more mergers and acquisitions so that companies can lay you off.” That’s the right way to fight it.

Sources

http://www.dailykos.com/

https://www.thenation.com/article/your-guide-to-the-sprawling-new-anti-trump-resistance-movement/

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/meet-the-leaders-of-the-trump-resistance-w460844

https://newrepublic.com/article/140187/10-ways-take-trump-congress-streets

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/25/1603982/-Building-the-Trump-Resistance

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@m447455e wrote:

Great start. To this list I would add Tom Reed R-23 NY. Even though he seems to have a safe seat, his district voted for Obama in 2012 and 2016.

To the wider audience: which organizations seem to be the most effective at this point?

I am not that much of an activist, but I can tell you that calling the Congressman from your State is probably the best thing you can do. They throw out the emails but apparently they at least pay attention to the phone calls.  That is what I have heard from people that have been in many of those positions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

List of GOP Candidates We Must Defeat

Message 7 of 7

These are just some of those who supported last weeks GOP Healthcare Bill - designed to - Let Americans Die - so the US Government can save enough money to give - The Already Rich & Politically Powerful just their first opportunity under Trump to pay even fewer taxes.........................

The GOP considers the Healthcare Tax Savings for The Already Rich & Politically Powerful as simply a Happy Hour Appetizer - the Real Tax Reform Package is Looming Around the Corner

They are vulnerable and they must be defeated in their upcoming re-election Campaigns

Tom Reed R-23 NY

Don Young (AK-01)

Martha McSally (**bleep**-02)

Jeff Denham (CA-10)

David Valadao (CA-21)

Steve Knight (CA-25)

Mimi Walters (CA-45)

Darrell Issa (CA-49)

Brian Mast (FL-18)

Carlos Curbelo (FL-26)

David Young (IA-03)

Peter Roskam (IL-06)

Bruce Poliquin (ME-02)

Tim Walberg (MI-07)

Jason Lewis (MN-02)

Erik Paulsen (MN-03)

Don Bacon (NE-02)

Tom MacArthur (NJ-03)

Mark Amodei (NV-02)

Lee Zeldin (NY-01)

John Faso (NY-19)

Elise Stefanik (NY-21)

Pete Sessions (TX-32)

Scott Taylor (VA-02)

David Brat (VA-07)

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obamacare-repeal-vulnerable-republicans_us_590f6625e4b0d5d9049d3...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies