Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 28

Moscow45:   We are living in dangerous times. Democrats and liberals want to turn our country into a police state. Close down churches, places of worship, and gun shops yet keep vape shops open???

I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind anger at commonsense measures to control a deadly pandemic.We are free but that doesn't extend to infecting others.

From the CDC:

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

• Isolation separates sick people with a quarantinable communicable disease from people who are not sick.
  • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28
I would say the Senate did a bang up job of shredding the Constitution already, when they didn't allow any witnesses in the Impeachment trial, I don't know about you.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

Well, isn't this an interesting topic...did trump and barr just become Democrats?

Seems that barr is asking to have the power to arrest anyone that he wants, and there would be no court hearing!

Please, trump supporters...a little projecting going on here? Blaming others for what your leaders are doing. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

@ManicProgressive wrote:

..........The government can infringe on those rights if it has a compelling governmental interest and the infringement is narrowly tailored to meet the government's needs.  Seems to me a pandemic is just that.  

Would love to see links to the other stuff you are talking about.  How is a patient's case number online, for example?

LOL

moscow - As a Christian, I find this assault against Christianity deeply troubling.

As a Christian I find it deeply troubling you feel personally assaulted.  Would you please consider using that energy for positive benefit (be helpful) rather than pretending Christ is offended his followers are barred from infecting each other with disease?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

It's not just Christians.   It's all denominations with houses of worship.   COVID spreads rapidly in close quarters like that.   So it's disingenous to act like this is some sort of attack on Christianity.  You can still worship.  If you need help setting up a zoom, youtube, or skype service, I'm happy to help you.  

No constitutional right is absolute.  The government can infringe on those rights if it has a compelling governmental interest and the infringement is narrowly tailored to meet the government's needs.  Seems to me a pandemic is just that.  

Would love to see links to the other stuff you are talking about.  How is a patient's case number online, for example? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

Oh my!    How dare anyone want to curtail group meetings where those asymptomatic folks can gather in close quarters.    It is strange how the RW is more than willing to disassemble every issue and try and make themselves above the law.    

Did they forget that it was Donald that demands the 6 foot  / social distancing.    Are these folks now saying that at all the sunday services, everyone is sitting 6 feet apart, all the cars are spaced sufficiently so that no one can interact....that the choir is mainintaining a 6' distance etc.     Do all these good churchgoers exit in an orderly manner,  one at a time, no mingling outside etc etc...or all these folks asymptomatic and given a free pass - until of course these same folks are bemoaning both to few reported deaths in China and too many deaths reported in the US.  

Or is the bubble in which these authors exists not know how they are making arguments on both sides of an issue.     Like I said, oh my!

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28
A democracy requires citizens to be the check and balance via the voting booth. We have lost the media to bring truth forward it seems... so now we as citizen have a greater burden. Stay vigilant , stay safe, stay strong and don't tread on me.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Liberals want to shred our Constitution to fight the Corona Virus

Message 28 of 28

1. Arresting pastors/closing churches:

Churches have the right given in the constitution to conduct worship. As a Christian, I find this assault against Christianity deeply troubling. Nazis dechristianized Germany and Liberals/Democrats are dechristianizing the United States. 

2. Identifying/labeling those with Covid-19. I keep hearing from liberals we need to better id those with the disease. I have heard them suggest we put a bracelet on their arm. One Liberals suggested we even put badges on them. Again, deeply disturbing. Will the badges be similar to a holocaust badge like a Star of David?

3. We are already seeing this in South Korea. Did you know in South Korea, everyone receives alerts on their phone telling you where an infected person has been and when!

When you search online for a virus patient's case number, related queries include "personal details", "face", "photo", "family" - or even "adultery".

Some online users are commenting that "I had no idea so many people go to love motels" - the by-the-hour hotels popular with couples.

They are also joking that people cheating on their spouses are known to be keeping a low profile these days.

Coronavirus privacy: Are South Korea's alerts too revealing? 

We are living in dangerous times. Democrats and liberals want to turn our country into a police state. Close down churches, places of worship, and gun shops yet keep vape shops open??? 

Have tanks patrolling neighborhoods. Restrict movement. In some states they allow citizens to report potential violators and they can go to jail! Wait a minute, so we are releasing prisoners because of the covid-19 outbreaks in prisons but putting people in jail for hanging out in large groups???

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Saturday, October 3 – Daybreaker LIVE! ¡Vamos a Bailar - Let's Dance!

11 a.m. ET - Meet us ONLINE for Daybreaker LIVE x AARP present ¡Vamos a Bailar—Let’s Dance! Featuring Gloria Estefan, The Wailers, and more! Honor Hispanic Heritage Month, celebrate Latinx communities around the world and support the joyful dance spirit that we all need now more than ever.

Register today!

Top Authors