Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 28

ManicProgressive:   Liberals aren't anti-religion. What you see as anti-religion is the majority of America trying to protect their own rights.

Exactly correct. Liberals are not anti-religion at all, they just don't want others trying to make their religious views public policy. People can worship the God of their choice, however they want to, they can worship a can of soup if they like and I won't object, but leave me out of it. In other words, butt out of my life with your religion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Individuals have individual beliefs but liberals despise religion unless the religion supports anti Judaeo/ Christian ethics and beliefs. Right here on these boards I see liberal posters use Biblical passages to "shame" people. Vast majority (70%) of atheists are liberals. Openly anti religious people are nearly all atheists and liberals. Certainly this is not an absolute.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-family/atheist/party-affiliation/

Honestly, nobody cares about your religion until you use government to impose your religion on others.  And the ones who are trying hardest to do that right now are conservative evangelical Christians.  Definitely not the mainline Christians.   It's certainly not mainline Christians arguing against abortion rights and against marriage equality.    Not the majority of Jewish people or Muslims, either.  

Liberals aren't anti-religion.   What you see as anti-religion is the majority of America trying to protect their own rights. The majority of America is pro-choice.   The majority of America is also pro-marriage equality.    

I know many want Christianity to remain culturally supreme in the US, because that's all they have ever known.  But people who have been raised in minority faiths or without faith know that you all will be just fine as Christian numbers start to dwindle.  Well, with one condition.  You will only be OK if you uphold both the establishment and free exercise clauses of the First Amendment for everyone, not just conservative Christians.  The goal here is to maintain American Constitutional precepts despite changing religious demographics so that all people, regardless of faith or lack thereof, can practice as they want to.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28
That would be all those Republican Laws that force people to obey some GOPer's religious fanaticism.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28

Conservatives hate Jesus because he preached the Good News of LOVE, and Repubs just gotta have someone to HATE.

The Right has replaced the Jesus of the Bible with SuperGod who will swoop down and smite all their enemies - enemies being those who want truth, justice and security for ALL God's children.

No room in any Regressive heart for that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

If Liberals wanted to wipe out Christianity, they would be begging to keep the churches open and packed.  Same with the gun stores. 

Liberals are the primary source of anti religious initiatives. Conservatives support religious inititives, so just the opposite is true. 

What, exactly, is an anti-religious initiative? I've never heard of such a thing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

The truth is the Republican Party literally shredded the Constitution during the impeachment of Comrade Trump.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28
The truth can be over whelming. Sorry to bring truth to the discussion.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Individuals have individual beliefs but liberals despise religion unless the religion supports anti Judaeo/ Christian ethics and beliefs. Right here on these boards I see liberal posters use Biblical passages to "shame" people. Vast majority (70%) of atheists are liberals. Openly anti religious people are nearly all atheists and liberals. Certainly this is not an absolute.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-family/atheist/party-affiliation/

Wow, that has got to be one of the most one sided, incorrect, and hypocritical responses I have seen for a while now.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

If Liberals wanted to wipe out Christianity, they would be begging to keep the churches open and packed.  Same with the gun stores. 

Liberals are the primary source of anti religious initiatives. Conservatives support religious inititives, so just the opposite is true. 

Conservatives support Christian supremacy. It shouldnt be conflated with religion in general.

Liberals support freedom for all religions. And freedom from all religions. Just like the Constitution says.

Dont forget all the conservatives who protested over a mosque being built near Ground Zero.

It is very hard to separate the hypocrisy from the stupidity in the subject of this thread. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, September 17 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Prevention, Treatments, Vaccines & Avoiding Scams

Call: 1-855-274-9507