Bronze Conversationalist

Liberals want to shred our Constitution to fight the Corona Virus

1. Arresting pastors/closing churches:

Churches have the right given in the constitution to conduct worship. As a Christian, I find this assault against Christianity deeply troubling. Nazis dechristianized Germany and Liberals/Democrats are dechristianizing the United States. 

2. Identifying/labeling those with Covid-19. I keep hearing from liberals we need to better id those with the disease. I have heard them suggest we put a bracelet on their arm. One Liberals suggested we even put badges on them. Again, deeply disturbing. Will the badges be similar to a holocaust badge like a Star of David?

3. We are already seeing this in South Korea. Did you know in South Korea, everyone receives alerts on their phone telling you where an infected person has been and when!

When you search online for a virus patient's case number, related queries include "personal details", "face", "photo", "family" - or even "adultery".

Some online users are commenting that "I had no idea so many people go to love motels" - the by-the-hour hotels popular with couples.

They are also joking that people cheating on their spouses are known to be keeping a low profile these days.

Coronavirus privacy: Are South Korea's alerts too revealing? 

We are living in dangerous times. Democrats and liberals want to turn our country into a police state. Close down churches, places of worship, and gun shops yet keep vape shops open??? 

Have tanks patrolling neighborhoods. Restrict movement. In some states they allow citizens to report potential violators and they can go to jail! Wait a minute, so we are releasing prisoners because of the covid-19 outbreaks in prisons but putting people in jail for hanging out in large groups???

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The truth is the Republican Party literally shredded the Constitution during the impeachment of Comrade Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Regressives do not realize God does not like willful stupidity and has no problem defeating powers that strive to keep HIS people from Truth.

In this case, seems He will stop ignorant fundamentalism by removing the ignorant fundamentalists.

His will be done.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Liberals wanted to wipe out Christianity, they would be begging to keep the churches open and packed.  Same with the gun stores. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

If Liberals wanted to wipe out Christianity, they would be begging to keep the churches open and packed.  Same with the gun stores. 

Liberals are the primary source of anti religious initiatives. Conservatives support religious inititives, so just the opposite is true. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Liberals are the primary source of anti religious initiatives. Conservatives support religious inititives, so just the opposite is true. 

What, exactly, is an anti-religious initiative? I've never heard of such a thing.

Honored Social Butterfly

That would be all those Republican Laws that force people to obey some GOPer's religious fanaticism.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Conservatives support Christian supremacy. It shouldnt be conflated with religion in general.

Liberals support freedom for all religions. And freedom from all religions. Just like the Constitution says.

Dont forget all the conservatives who protested over a mosque being built near Ground Zero.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Conservatives support Christian supremacy. It shouldnt be conflated with religion in general.

Liberals support freedom for all religions. And freedom from all religions. Just like the Constitution says.

Dont forget all the conservatives who protested over a mosque being built near Ground Zero.

It is very hard to separate the hypocrisy from the stupidity in the subject of this thread. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Individuals have individual beliefs but liberals despise religion unless the religion supports anti Judaeo/ Christian ethics and beliefs. Right here on these boards I see liberal posters use Biblical passages to "shame" people. Vast majority (70%) of atheists are liberals. Openly anti religious people are nearly all atheists and liberals. Certainly this is not an absolute.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-family/atheist/party-affiliation/

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Individuals have individual beliefs but liberals despise religion unless the religion supports anti Judaeo/ Christian ethics and beliefs. Right here on these boards I see liberal posters use Biblical passages to "shame" people. Vast majority (70%) of atheists are liberals. Openly anti religious people are nearly all atheists and liberals. Certainly this is not an absolute.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/religious-family/atheist/party-affiliation/

Honestly, nobody cares about your religion until you use government to impose your religion on others.  And the ones who are trying hardest to do that right now are conservative evangelical Christians.  Definitely not the mainline Christians.   It's certainly not mainline Christians arguing against abortion rights and against marriage equality.    Not the majority of Jewish people or Muslims, either.  

Liberals aren't anti-religion.   What you see as anti-religion is the majority of America trying to protect their own rights. The majority of America is pro-choice.   The majority of America is also pro-marriage equality.    

I know many want Christianity to remain culturally supreme in the US, because that's all they have ever known.  But people who have been raised in minority faiths or without faith know that you all will be just fine as Christian numbers start to dwindle.  Well, with one condition.  You will only be OK if you uphold both the establishment and free exercise clauses of the First Amendment for everyone, not just conservative Christians.  The goal here is to maintain American Constitutional precepts despite changing religious demographics so that all people, regardless of faith or lack thereof, can practice as they want to.   

Honored Social Butterfly

ManicProgressive:   Liberals aren't anti-religion. What you see as anti-religion is the majority of America trying to protect their own rights.

Exactly correct. Liberals are not anti-religion at all, they just don't want others trying to make their religious views public policy. People can worship the God of their choice, however they want to, they can worship a can of soup if they like and I won't object, but leave me out of it. In other words, butt out of my life with your religion.

Honored Social Butterfly

Conservatives hate Jesus because he preached the Good News of LOVE, and Repubs just gotta have someone to HATE.

The Right has replaced the Jesus of the Bible with SuperGod who will swoop down and smite all their enemies - enemies being those who want truth, justice and security for ALL God's children.

No room in any Regressive heart for that.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Wow, that has got to be one of the most one sided, incorrect, and hypocritical responses I have seen for a while now.

Honored Social Butterfly

The truth can be over whelming. Sorry to bring truth to the discussion.

Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:  Liberals are the primary source of anti religious initiatives. Conservatives support religious inititives, so just the opposite is true. 

I'd be interested to hear if conservatives support any and all religious activitities, or just favored religions? Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, and many others?:)

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45:   We are living in dangerous times. Democrats and liberals want to turn our country into a police state. Close down churches, places of worship, and gun shops yet keep vape shops open???

I'm having a hard time understanding the logic behind anger at commonsense measures to control a deadly pandemic.We are free but that doesn't extend to infecting others.

From the CDC:

Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and Quarantine

Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.

• Isolation separates sick people with a quarantinable communicable disease from people who are not sick.
  • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick.

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

Honored Social Butterfly

It's not just Christians.   It's all denominations with houses of worship.   COVID spreads rapidly in close quarters like that.   So it's disingenous to act like this is some sort of attack on Christianity.  You can still worship.  If you need help setting up a zoom, youtube, or skype service, I'm happy to help you.  

No constitutional right is absolute.  The government can infringe on those rights if it has a compelling governmental interest and the infringement is narrowly tailored to meet the government's needs.  Seems to me a pandemic is just that.  

Would love to see links to the other stuff you are talking about.  How is a patient's case number online, for example? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Well, isn't this an interesting topic...did trump and barr just become Democrats?

Seems that barr is asking to have the power to arrest anyone that he wants, and there would be no court hearing!

Please, trump supporters...a little projecting going on here? Blaming others for what your leaders are doing. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Well, isn't this an interesting topic...did trump and barr just become Democrats?

Seems that barr is asking to have the power to arrest anyone that he wants, and there would be no court hearing!

Please, trump supporters...a little projecting going on here? Blaming others for what your leaders are doing. 

That's fake news and I posted the DOJ response a week ago, so if you have new information, not opinion...  please post it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 

So you are saying that barr is not in the midst of a power grab, and considers arresting anyone that he sees fit to...which make makes him judge and jury. 

And what about his ongoing witch hunt to discredit our Intelligence agencies, sure looks very suspicious, and very political. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 

So you are saying that barr is not in the midst of a power grab, and considers arresting anyone that he sees fit to...which make makes him judge and jury. 

And what about his ongoing witch hunt to discredit our Intelligence agencies, sure looks very suspicious, and very political. 

I posted the response from the DOJ 2x. You can go find it, read it and make your OWN conclusion. 

It was not "ominous". 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I would say the Senate did a bang up job of shredding the Constitution already, when they didn't allow any witnesses in the Impeachment trial, I don't know about you.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 wrote:
I would say the Senate did a bang up job of shredding the Constitution already, when they didn't allow any witnesses in the Impeachment trial, I don't know about you.

I'm pretty good about know the US Constitution and the responsibilities of each branch, so could you let us know how the senate shredded the constitution during the impeachment? 

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

..........The government can infringe on those rights if it has a compelling governmental interest and the infringement is narrowly tailored to meet the government's needs.  Seems to me a pandemic is just that.  

Would love to see links to the other stuff you are talking about.  How is a patient's case number online, for example?

LOL

moscow - As a Christian, I find this assault against Christianity deeply troubling.

As a Christian I find it deeply troubling you feel personally assaulted.  Would you please consider using that energy for positive benefit (be helpful) rather than pretending Christ is offended his followers are barred from infecting each other with disease?  

Bronze Conversationalist

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

..........The government can infringe on those rights if it has a compelling governmental interest and the infringement is narrowly tailored to meet the government's needs.  Seems to me a pandemic is just that.  

LOL

moscow - As a Christian, I find this assault against Christianity deeply troubling.

As a Christian I find it deeply troubling you feel personally assaulted.  Would you please consider using that energy for positive benefit (be helpful) rather than pretending Christ is offended his followers are barred from infecting each other with disease?  

In South Korea, it is.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh my!    How dare anyone want to curtail group meetings where those asymptomatic folks can gather in close quarters.    It is strange how the RW is more than willing to disassemble every issue and try and make themselves above the law.    

Did they forget that it was Donald that demands the 6 foot  / social distancing.    Are these folks now saying that at all the sunday services, everyone is sitting 6 feet apart, all the cars are spaced sufficiently so that no one can interact....that the choir is mainintaining a 6' distance etc.     Do all these good churchgoers exit in an orderly manner,  one at a time, no mingling outside etc etc...or all these folks asymptomatic and given a free pass - until of course these same folks are bemoaning both to few reported deaths in China and too many deaths reported in the US.  

Or is the bubble in which these authors exists not know how they are making arguments on both sides of an issue.     Like I said, oh my!

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

A democracy requires citizens to be the check and balance via the voting booth. We have lost the media to bring truth forward it seems... so now we as citizen have a greater burden. Stay vigilant , stay safe, stay strong and don't tread on me.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png