Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial attacks. 

Washington Post;

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. Do anything to anyone who dares disagree. Attack-attack-attack.  To put it crudely, it is no longer clear what liberalism means. Through madern times Freedom has traditionally been the creedo of liberals. However there is good freedom and bad freedom. The good... was to enhance the positive freedom of the dispossessed. However... the bad interwoven into their fabric. Liberals are increasinly ignoring the common good and enbrassing the exploitation others. 

Look at how those who are judged by liberals and what liberals produce today. A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame. The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So knowing the system in place will not be changed and your clear understanding of what the "heartland" is ... how then does your prefered political figure succeed? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a democratic plan for success... Right?

If the democratic party wants middle America to vote for a democrat again, I have the solution .... move to the middle. Return to it's core.

Concede the electoral college as a constitutional institution and look to the future. I know it sounds crazy, but not every battle is worth losing the war over.

... just sayin'

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
So knowing the system in place will not be changed and your clear understanding of what the "heartland" is ... how then does your prefered political figure succeed? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a democratic plan for success... Right?

If the democratic party wants middle America to vote for a democrat again, I have the solution .... move to the middle. Return to it's core.

Concede the electoral college as a constitutional institution and look to the future. I know it sounds crazy, but not every battle is worth losing the war over.

... just sayin'

Keep in mind that states are free to change their own state's rules on how electors vote. You do realize that, don't you?  States can make it a rule that the electors can vote against popular vote in their state, with popular vote in their state, or with the popular vote nationally, whichever they so choose. Some states have changed their rules already and if enough do it could render the electoral college vote powerless.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Recognized Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

... just sayin'

The discussion on the Electoral College has NOTHING to do with the current political climate or how one area of the Country votes compared to another.  It is all about what is the fairest system to elect a President that will get the most people involved.  Having a vote count more than another is not an "American value" that I was ever taught.  In fact, I think the Electoral College is the antithesis of American values.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ sp362; ugh... I'm calling BS on that one. Plausible deniability. It is the quintessential American value... giving a voice to those who would go unheard.

Strike 3

0 Kudos

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
@ sp362; ugh... I'm calling BS on that one. Plausible deniability. It is the quintessential American value... giving a voice to those who would go unheard.

Strike 3

BS on what, you will have to be more specific.  I have laid why I think it needs to be changed and your best response is "strike 3"? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Those defending Trump avoid or ignore facts. Here's one fact which should concern every American. During the 2016 election both candidates visited the same 12 states which were classified as "Swing States". They never visited the other 38 states, thereby making the votes of citizens in 38 states essentially useless in a Presidential election. 

Is that the kind of system we want? I don't think so.

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What do you mean "we", Pilgrim?

Honored Social Butterfly

The level of blatant hypocrisy and ignorance is astounding. For DECADES, people have been demanding we do away with an ancient electoral college system that was relevant only in the 1800s. Please stop pretending this only became an issue after Trump lost the popular vote.

The Electoral System is archaic and irrelevant. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The level of blatant hypocrisy and ignorance is astounding. For DECADES, people have been demanding we do away with an ancient electoral college system that was relevant only in the 1800s. Please stop pretending this only became an issue after Trump lost the popular vote.

The Electoral System is archaic and irrelevant. 

Perhaps you should get into politics or run for Congress so you can change it?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as Republicans. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva wrote-This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as Republicans. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------As a Republican ,I thank you.

Honored Social Butterfly

This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as giraffes.

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva wrote-----------------------This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as giraffes.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are sticking your neck out when you say that.

Honored Social Butterfly

Children, Children,  be nice to each other.  LOL  LOL LOL

no name
0 Kudos

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

Well I didn't realize that the Nazis were defeated by liberals in WW II.  And the Klan was exposed to what they really were by liberals.  Shame on them.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial (sic) attacks. 

You mean like purposely running over a woman with a vehicle, killing her and injuring others? Oops, that was a KKK supporter, wasn't it?

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. 

You calling Trump a liberal?

A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame (sic)  The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.

"neo-Marxism, Loony Left, Less Wise, Radical Left, etc ....... are those the "malignant words" you refer too?

The "american voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The "american voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Ok, she got 3 million more votes, but what's she doing now days beside walking in the woods in New York State? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The "American voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Ok, she got 3 million more votes, but what's she doing now days beside walking in the woods in New York State? 

Hillary has been more successful than anyone posting here.

I thank Hillary haters and guvment haters for the Putin obsessed maniac we have in the white House.

In any other election in this country and the rest of the free world 3 million votes means Clinton actually won.  And it is showing in Trump's polls.  Just goes to show how outdated the electoral college really is.  So the winner is walking the woods and the looser acting like the looser he is.

Honored Social Butterfly

Would it be hypocritical to tweet you had over 15,000 attend one of your rallies when about 2,000 actually showed up, and one of them (or perhaps you yourself) posted a picture of Cleveland welcoming the Cavs after they won the championship claiming it was your adoring throng in Phoenix????

Nah, that's just being totally delusional with an infantile need for affirmation and a pathology for lying- in short, that's what Republicans think belongs in the White House - DER TRUMPER.

Sad.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png