Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial attacks. 

Washington Post;

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. Do anything to anyone who dares disagree. Attack-attack-attack.  To put it crudely, it is no longer clear what liberalism means. Through madern times Freedom has traditionally been the creedo of liberals. However there is good freedom and bad freedom. The good... was to enhance the positive freedom of the dispossessed. However... the bad interwoven into their fabric. Liberals are increasinly ignoring the common good and enbrassing the exploitation others. 

Look at how those who are judged by liberals and what liberals produce today. A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame. The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as giraffes.

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva wrote-----------------------This just in, Liberals refuse to see themselves as giraffes.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are sticking your neck out when you say that.

Honored Social Butterfly

Children, Children,  be nice to each other.  LOL  LOL LOL

no name
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

Well I didn't realize that the Nazis were defeated by liberals in WW II.  And the Klan was exposed to what they really were by liberals.  Shame on them.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial (sic) attacks. 

You mean like purposely running over a woman with a vehicle, killing her and injuring others? Oops, that was a KKK supporter, wasn't it?

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. 

You calling Trump a liberal?

A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame (sic)  The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.

"neo-Marxism, Loony Left, Less Wise, Radical Left, etc ....... are those the "malignant words" you refer too?

The "american voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The "american voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Ok, she got 3 million more votes, but what's she doing now days beside walking in the woods in New York State? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The "American voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Ok, she got 3 million more votes, but what's she doing now days beside walking in the woods in New York State? 

Hillary has been more successful than anyone posting here.

I thank Hillary haters and guvment haters for the Putin obsessed maniac we have in the white House.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.

In any other election in this country and the rest of the free world 3 million votes means Clinton actually won.  And it is showing in Trump's polls.  Just goes to show how outdated the electoral college really is.  So the winner is walking the woods and the looser acting like the looser he is.

Honored Social Butterfly

Would it be hypocritical to tweet you had over 15,000 attend one of your rallies when about 2,000 actually showed up, and one of them (or perhaps you yourself) posted a picture of Cleveland welcoming the Cavs after they won the championship claiming it was your adoring throng in Phoenix????

Nah, that's just being totally delusional with an infantile need for affirmation and a pathology for lying- in short, that's what Republicans think belongs in the White House - DER TRUMPER.

Sad.

Honored Social Butterfly

@creppelrm wrote:

In any other election in this country and the rest of the free world 3 million votes means Clinton actually won.  And it is showing in Trump's polls.  Just goes to show how outdated the electoral college really is.  So the winner is walking the woods and the looser acting like the looser he is.

No, the Constitution and electoral system worked as it was designed.  Otherwise with the popular vote California, Oregon and other large liberal states would continue to elect the President, denying the rest of the nation their voice.  If one looked at the electoral map, the heartland of America elected Trump, whether one agrees with him or not.

It was designed to work when communication and travel was hard in a frontier country sparcely populated.  Now with communication taking only seconds the electoral college is outdated and obslete.  Of course you agree with the college when the minority side you choose the be on won.  If Hillary would have won like Trump did you would agree with what I write now.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

No, the Constitution and electoral system worked as it was designed.  Otherwise with the popular vote California, Oregon and other large liberal states would continue to elect the President, denying the rest of the nation their voice.  If one looked at the electoral map, the heartland of America elected Trump, whether one agrees with him or not.

The skidmark in the nation's underwear - with the help of various and assorted Russians and other enemies of the United states that the skidmark and assorted campaign people knowingly and deliberately colluded with - did get an electoral majority by dishonest means - the truth will out sooner or later...

FACT - trump did NOT win the popular vote.

He's an abomination that the majority of American Citizens did NOT vote for.

I'm inordinately pleased to NOT be one of his credulous foolowers, corrupt and dishonest supporters, white supremacists,  Alt-Right scum, KKKs, Nazis, one of dolt45's doltettes, or one of the right wing pedophilic perverts who joined the ranks of republicans/conservatives as a result of Nixon's "southern strategy".

I only support my government when in my sole independent opinion, it deserves and is worthy of my support.

trump sucks.

As a Liberal, I refuse to see myself as a moose.

44>dolt45
Periodic Contributor

A moose would be dishonored
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@l226146a wrote:
A moose would be dishonored

Your opprobrium is sweetest and highest approbation.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

deleted by author

44>dolt45
0 Kudos

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

Sorry Txgrandpa2 but we really disagree on this one.  The bilateral Congress was set up to give smaller states equal representation with smaller ones.  In every election we have, except one, one vote is the same as another.  When voting for a Senator, one cities votes do not carry more weight (within the State) than another city.  In Congressional votes, one neighborhood does not have more of a say than another.  In every other election, the candidate who gets the majority wins.

I am not saying that Clinton would have won.  With the way current campaigning is done and candidates choosing where to devote their attention, I really do not know what would have happened if both Candidates had waged a national campaign.  Trump might have won the popular vote, or he might not have, we will never know.

What I am saying is if we truly believe in a Democratic System, then every vote needs to carry equal weight in every election, including the Presidential election.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362 wrote:

What I am saying is if we truly believe in a Democratic System, then every vote needs to carry equal weight in every election, including the Presidential election.

Same misdirected understanding of the electoral system.  Suggest some research into why it was included in the Constitution.  I'm beginning to wonder if there are any constitutional scholars here among the liberal element.

A brief explanation.  Since the south had a larger population, including the slaves,  the north was concerned that since they would have higher representation.  So the electoral system was devised.

But the past presidential election is fair based on the Constitution.  And additionally it keeps larger states from deciding the vote.

I have to wonder if the election was reversed, Trump getting the most popular vote compared to Hillary.  Would her supporters be crying in their beer? I think they would be insisting the system worked.

0 Kudos

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Same misdirected understanding of the electoral system.  Suggest some research into why it was included in the Constitution.  I'm beginning to wonder if there are any constitutional scholars here among the liberal element.

A brief explanation.  Since the south had a larger population, including the slaves,  the north was concerned that since they would have higher representation.  So the electoral system was devised.

But the past presidential election is fair based on the Constitution.  And additionally it keeps larger states from deciding the vote.

I have to wonder if the election was reversed, Trump getting the most popular vote compared to Hillary.  Would her supporters be crying in their beer? I think they would be insisting the system worked.

I actually find your first sentence insulting.  I have researched and know exactly what it was intended to do.  Since it was designed before the 2 party system in an era of slow travel and limited communications, I think it has far outlived its usefulness.  Your attempted insult (by categorizing me as somehow being uneducated because I am of the liberal element, when I am actually a conservative) is telling.  Anything you don't like must somehow be "liberal" and unworthy of discussion.

We vote by people, not by land area and each vote should carry equal weight.  I am advocating a fair system, what would you be saying if Trump got more votes, but lost.  I don't think you ever bothered to read my second paragraph in the post you responded to, why don't you try reading it again and maybe you will understand what I am talking about.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362 wrote:

We vote by people,

If you would read the constitution and the history behind it you would find that we vote for the President by state.  There is nothing about popular votes. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Tx.... hasn't that one been written by Hillary, put in a bottle and buried in the woods? Geez.... you'd think by now "no you can't have that election" has sunk in.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Tx.... hasn't that one been written by Hillary, put in a bottle and buried in the woods? Geez.... you'd think by now "no you can't have that election" has sunk in.

Hillary, write a book, make a couple of million dollar. Trump get somebody to write a book for you. Have them spill the beans on you a few years later. (Trump can read, right?). 

Hillary is well aware she lost the election. When will Trump start acting like he won it?  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Hillary, write a book, make a couple of million dollar. Trump get somebody to write a book for you. Have them spill the beans on you a few years later. (Trump can read, right?). 

Hillary is well aware she lost the election. When will Trump start acting like he won it?  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

trump had a book ghost written for him.

Could he actually have written his own book? 

Only in the "alternate reality" he so often lives in...

The real title should have been - "The Art of The Schlemiel".

(Schlemiel is Yiddish for "habitual bungler", "unlucky bungler", "dolt")

44>dolt45

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If that is directed towards me, I suggest you go back and read what I posted.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

We vote by people,

If you would read the constitution and the history behind it you would find that we vote for the President by state.  There is nothing about popular votes. 

It is NOT "we the people" - it is "we the corrupt and dishonest political parties that select the electors".

Lotta suckage going on...

Thanks Vlad, for further corrupting an already corrupt practice.

44>dolt45
Trusted Social Butterfly

Other VLADs pop up in history... none of them, that I know of, were salutory examples of the human species.  Must be a failing of the name if there is such a thing.  One was Vlad The Impaler.  For a second there you had me going wondering what in hell he was doing in current events.  My bad....I finally got it straight.  You meant the contemporary one....the Putin variety.

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

We vote by people,

Good selective editing so you don't have to respond to my other points and taking what I said out of context.  May I suggest you reread 1984 by Orwell and pay particular attention to some of the more famous quotes.  Also, let's look at the entire history behind the Constitution, and the changes that happened after the Civil War due to states trying to deny rights and the Federal Government having to step in.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362 wrote:

Good selective editing so you don't have to respond to my other points and taking what I said out of context.  May I suggest you reread 1984 by Orwell and pay particular attention to some of the more famous quotes.  Also, let's look at the entire history behind the Constitution, and the changes that happened after the Civil War due to states trying to deny rights and the Federal Government having to step in.

Nothing in your post has anything relating to the reason that the Electoral College system was selected over the popular vote.  Suggest you research more.

0 Kudos

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Nothing in your post has anything relating to the reason that the Electoral College system was selected over the popular vote.  Suggest you research more.

The point that I have been making, which you keep ignoring, is that it is time for the Electoral College to go away.  You simply keep trying to bully my answers by implying I need to research where it came from.  I know where it came from and I am saying it has outlived its usefulness.

Honored Social Butterfly

@sp362 wrote:

The point that I have been making, which you keep ignoring, is that it is time for the Electoral College to go away.  You simply keep trying to bully my answers by implying I need to research where it came from.  I know where it came from and I am saying it has outlived its usefulness.

Then perhaps you should run for Congress on the platform of giving large states like California the privilege of electing the President.

I'm providing historical background of why the Constitution was written as it is.   Perhaps you'd like to put a match to it also?  Doubtful you could come up with a better document that has survived the years.

0 Kudos

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Then perhaps you should run for Congress on the platform of giving large states like California the privilege of electing the President.

I'm providing historical background of why the Constitution was written as it is.   Perhaps you'd like to put a match to it also?  Doubtful you could come up with a better document that has survived the years.

Thank you for your narrow minded perspective on issues.  I could point out numerous errors you have made in your posts, I have chosen not to.  Your response to me is a typical "bully" response, I still say go read 1984.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png