Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial attacks. 

 

Washington Post;

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

 

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. Do anything to anyone who dares disagree. Attack-attack-attack.  To put it crudely, it is no longer clear what liberalism means. Through madern times Freedom has traditionally been the creedo of liberals. However there is good freedom and bad freedom. The good... was to enhance the positive freedom of the dispossessed. However... the bad interwoven into their fabric. Liberals are increasinly ignoring the common good and enbrassing the exploitation others. 

 

Look at how those who are judged by liberals and what liberals produce today. A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame. The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
336 Views
295
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


It is all in your perspective.  As an example, Fascists will see Conservatives as "liberal".  Communists will see Liberals as "conservative".  You can decide where you fall on that scale.  I know I have my own opinion of where you are.


And I know exactly where you fall as do ALL the real Conservative posters that are reading this and it is very liberal.


Real Conservative posters do not have to call everyone who has a disagreement with them 'very liberal'. Real Conservatives support honest government not dictators.


So you now support Trump?

0 Kudos
395 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


It is all in your perspective.  As an example, Fascists will see Conservatives as "liberal".  Communists will see Liberals as "conservative".  You can decide where you fall on that scale.  I know I have my own opinion of where you are.


And I know exactly where you fall as do ALL the real Conservative posters that are reading this and it is very liberal.


Real Conservative posters do not have to call everyone who has a disagreement with them 'very liberal'. Real Conservatives support honest government not dictators.


So you now support Trump?


"Honest government" and "Trump" are opposites.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


It is all in your perspective.  As an example, Fascists will see Conservatives as "liberal".  Communists will see Liberals as "conservative".  You can decide where you fall on that scale.  I know I have my own opinion of where you are.


And I know exactly where you fall as do ALL the real Conservative posters that are reading this and it is very liberal.


Real Conservative posters do not have to call everyone who has a disagreement with them 'very liberal'. Real Conservatives support honest government not dictators.


So you now support Trump?


That is why I will never support Trump.

Recognized Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


It is all in your perspective.  As an example, Fascists will see Conservatives as "liberal".  Communists will see Liberals as "conservative".  You can decide where you fall on that scale.  I know I have my own opinion of where you are.


And I know exactly where you fall as do ALL the real Conservative posters that are reading this and it is very liberal.


Sorry, but I believe a REAL Conservative is against Fascism and Totalitarianism.

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


It is all in your perspective.  As an example, Fascists will see Conservatives as "liberal".  Communists will see Liberals as "conservative".  You can decide where you fall on that scale.  I know I have my own opinion of where you are.


And I know exactly where you fall as do ALL the real Conservative posters that are reading this and it is very liberal.


Sorry, but I believe a REAL Conservative is against Fascism and Totalitarianism.


Yes they are but they share many other characteristics, none of which you possess:

 

Bear in mind that what follows aren't my definitions of conservatism, but what various Americans mean when they use the word.  

  1. An aversion to rapid change; a belief that tradition and prevailing social norms often contain within them handed down wisdom; and mistrust of attempts to remake society so that it conforms to an abstract account of what would be just or efficient.  
  2. A desire to preserve the political philosophy and rules of government articulated in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
  3. A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, through cultural norms. 
  4. A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, using cultural norms and the power of the state.
  5. An embrace of free-market capitalism, and a belief in the legitimacy of market outcomes. 
  6. A belief that America is an exceptional nation, a shining city on a hill, whose rightful role is leader of the free world.
  7. A belief that America should export its brand of democracy through force of arms.
  8. The conviction that government should undertake, on behalf of the American polity, grand projects that advance our "national greatness" and ennoble our characters.
  9. An embrace of localism, community and family ties, human scale, and a responsibility to the future.
  10. A belief that America shouldn't intervene in the affairs of other nations except to defend ourselves from aggression and enforce contracts and treaties.
  11. A desire to return to the way things once were.
  12. Affinity for, identification with, or embrace of Red America's various cultural cues. (For example, gun ownership, a preference for single-family homes oriented around highways rather than urban enclaves organized around public transit, embrace of country music, disdain for arugula and fancy mustard, etc.)
  13. Disdain for American liberalism, multiculturalism, identity politics, affirmative action, welfare, European-style social policies, and the left and its ideas generally.
  14. A desire to be left alone by government, often coupled with a belief that being left alone is a natural right. 
  15. A principled belief in federalism.
  16. The belief that taxes should be lower and government smaller.
  17. The belief that the national debt and deficits put America in peril.
  18. The belief that whenever possible, government budgets should be balanced.
  19. Consciousness of the fallibility of man, and an awareness of the value of skepticism, doubt and humility.
  20. Realism in foreign policy.
  21. Non-interventionism in foreign policy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/01/what-americans-mean-when-they-say-theyre-conser...

 

And I'll add the 22nd.  The belief that the climate changes, has done so since the creation of the Earth, will continue to do so, and yes man does through his own have an impact on that climate, and no matter how hard the left tries - they will be unable to undo mother nature.

 

PS- I personally disagree with #7.

0 Kudos
409 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Yes they are but they share many other characteristics, none of which you possess:

 

Bear in mind that what follows aren't my definitions of conservatism, but what various Americans mean when they use the word.  

  1. An aversion to rapid change; a belief that tradition and prevailing social norms often contain within them handed down wisdom; and mistrust of attempts to remake society so that it conforms to an abstract account of what would be just or efficient.  Support for racial, sexual and religious persecution.
  2. A desire to preserve the political philosophy and rules of government articulated in the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.but not the Amendments, especially the ones that freed the slaves or created the income tax
  3. A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, through cultural norms. Mindless hatred of LBGTQ, supported by personal belief, not fact.
  4. A belief that it is imperative to preserve traditional morality, as it is articulated in the Bible, using cultural norms and the power of the state.
  5. An embrace of free-market capitalism, and a belief in the legitimacy of market outcomes. Oligarchy
  6. A belief that America is an exceptional nation, a shining city on a hill, whose rightful role is leader of the free world.True, but that requires we occupy the moral high ground, not the swamp Leomotop has pushed us into.
  7. A belief that America should export its brand of democracy through force of arms.
  8. The conviction that government should undertake, on behalf of the American polity, grand projects that advance our "national greatness" and ennoble our characters.True, but you cannot do that without repealing the Reagan Taxscam
  9. An embrace of localism, community and family ties, human scale, and a responsibility to the future.Perfect argument to reestablish and expand Revenue Sharing
  10. A belief that America shouldn't intervene in the affairs of other nations except to defend ourselves from aggression and enforce contracts and treaties.Good, but a lie so long as you support jrbush's two totally unnecessary (by these conditions) Wars
  11. A desire to return to the way things once were.Okay if it was a return to 1964 and not 1854
  12. Affinity for, identification with, or embrace of Red America's various cultural cues. (For example, gun ownership, a preference for single-family homes oriented around highways rather than urban enclaves organized around public transit, embrace of country music, disdain for arugula and fancy mustard, etc.)Sillyness and dogwhistles.
  13. Disdain for American liberalism, multiculturalism, identity politics, affirmative action, welfare, European-style social policies, and the left and its ideas generally.Despite the fact all those things work better than what we've devolved into
  14. A desire to be left alone by government, often coupled with a belief that being left alone is a natural right. See if all those GOPers along the Texas coast agree
  15. A principled belief in federalism.Stealth States Rights
  16. The belief that taxes should be lower and government smaller.But lowering the taxes for the rich have raised them for the 99% and counting contractors, there's more people working for the federal government now than there were in 1970
  17. The belief that the national debt and deficits put America in peril.Inability to understand economics above the family level
  18. The belief that whenever possible, government budgets should be balanced.Not why we have Gopernments
  19. Consciousness of the fallibility of man, and an awareness of the value of skepticism, doubt and humility.Okay
  20. Realism in foreign policy.Can't with a Republican President
  21. Non-interventionism in foreign policy. see #20

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/01/what-americans-mean-when-they-say-theyre-conser...

 

And I'll add the 22nd.  The belief that the climate changes, has done so since the creation of the Earth, will continue to do so, and yes man does through his own have an impact on that climate, and no matter how hard the left tries - they will be unable to undo mother nature.

 

PS- I personally disagree with #7.


 

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal. 

What a hoot !!!   I guess you are calling those who wrote the Constitution "Liberals", since they put the amendment process in place?  The amendment process did make the Constitution a "living document", why do you think it is there?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal. 

What a hoot !!!   I guess you are calling those who wrote the Constitution "Liberals", since they put the amendment process in place?  The amendment process did make the Constitution a "living document", why do you think it is there?


Yes a very big hoot.  In fact, if you did some checking, it is very difficult to change the Constitution (something the founders carefully thought through to prevent crazy liberals from having a "Progressive Constitution".

 

Yes a real hoot!

 

I am calling the authors Conservatives (not liberals).

Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal. 

What a hoot !!!   I guess you are calling those who wrote the Constitution "Liberals", since they put the amendment process in place?  The amendment process did make the Constitution a "living document", why do you think it is there?


Yes a very big hoot.  In fact, if you did some checking, it is very difficult to change the Constitution (something the founders carefully thought through to prevent crazy liberals from having a "Progressive Constitution".

 

Yes a real hoot!

 

I am calling the authors Conservatives (not liberals).


Then you will have to rethink your viewpoint that those who want to change things are "liberals". Conservatives with sense, like those who gave us the amendment process in the Constitution, see the need for change as society grows and the needs of society changes.  Thank goodness for those enlightened Conservatives among our Founding Fathers.

 

Without the amendment process we would still be living in a society where only rich white male landowners could vote.  Would you like that?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

I am calling the authors Conservatives (not liberals).


You can call them anything you like but they were definitely NOT Conservatives. The descendents of Conservatives of the late 1700s in what became this country are now called Canadians.

Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal. 

What a hoot !!!   I guess you are calling those who wrote the Constitution "Liberals", since they put the amendment process in place?  The amendment process did make the Constitution a "living document", why do you think it is there?


Conservatives tend to avoid the discomfort/cognitive dissonance that results from "thinking" about that...

 

 

 

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


SP, your witnessing the usual crazy rhetoric of a Conservative.  Ya see, they get to define your political ideology, your take is of your own position is immaterial.  It's because anyone just to the left of their far-right views, is a far-left Liberal.  It makes actually no sense at all, but it's their alternative reality.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The question is: why do liberals call themselves conservative??????????????


Actually, I could ask the same question as to why EXTREMISTS believe anybody who is not FAR right is liberal?  Just because I will not goose-step does not mean I am a liberal, it means I have the ability to think.


Forget goose stepping, if your views are extremely to the left of the center, you are liberal to the extreme.  That is YOUR views!  One that thinks the Constitution is a living document (or what you would consider a Progressive document) that needs to keep pace with the times, is by definition a liberal.  Your views on electoral votes are way to the left of center, therefore you are a liberal.


SP, your witnessing the usual crazy rhetoric of a Conservative.  Ya see, they get to define your political ideology, your take is of your own position is immaterial.  It's because anyone just to the left of their far-right views, is a far-left Liberal.  It makes actually no sense at all, but it's their alternative reality.


So how much different is it than the right wing crackpots who supported McCarthy, Welch, and Goldwater?

 

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Whenever one hears a neoRepublican claim the Constitution need to be interpreted only according to what the Founding Fathers intended you must remember that 240 years ago that document said slavery was legal and left voting rights entirely up to the States, most of whom said only white property owners could vote.

 

For neoRepublicans, that's the way things should have remained, and the fact Amendments changed things is why they've worked so hard to make certain there will never be another Amendment to the Constitution, AND that SCOTUS will not be expanding anybody's rights to equal protection under the law.

Recognized Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
What we have said is that they were not infallible and they made a mistake

WE DID NOT SAY THAT! You said that. YOU.

You need to understand the difference between an observation in general terms and speaking for other posters. WE are a nation and I disagree with you.

Kind of a hateful post for a "Christian" don't you think.  Using your own logic, you actually agreed, but you censored that part out.

 

Even the title of this thread that YOU started is rather hateful, don't you think.  I am always amazed at people who supposedly have "Christian Values" thinking they are superior to everybody else because of their beliefs.

Honored Social Butterfly

There's the spin we were waiting for. Personal attack. There is no "WE" regarding opinions. Rinse-lather-repeat. You do not speak for me, ever.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
254 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
There's the spin we were waiting for. Personal attack. There is no "WE" regarding opinions. Rinse-lather-repeat. You do not speak for me, ever

 


You use the word "we" yourself.  You do not speak for others ....... ever !

 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Registered: ‎06-07-2016
 
Re: Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites
 
 
(2 Views)
Fish wrote-There's the spin we were waiting for. Personal attack. There is no "WE" regarding opinions. Rinse-lather-repeat. You do not speak for me, ever.

Hate is not a Christian virtue, neither is liberal sanctimony----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Don`t let the left wing wackos get to you -You have to consider the source. If you think their post is a personal insult you can report their behavior and could earn them a 3 day ban for violating TOS. Personally ----I let their posts speak for themselves and reveals more about them than you. I like playing with them and their radical views but that`s  just me. With all these  gooses throwing out all their doo,doo is it any wonder they accuse us of goosestepping just to get around what they are excreting.
Honored Social Butterfly

>redacted<

 


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
283 Views
0
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
There's the spin we were waiting for. Personal attack. There is no "WE" regarding opinions. Rinse-lather-repeat. You do not speak for me, ever.

I am sorry you don't see that classifying an entire of people as "hypocrites" is a hateful comment.  As I have said, I am a conservative, but people on the far right, do not speak for me.  You seem to think you have somehow "got me" on the use of "we" when it was what is meant in context and I explained it to you.  Your own line is a form of "sanctimony" on your part.

Honored Social Butterfly

Another spin and it's a 180* ! ...dang you're good. Back to the original topic. Not sure what you game is but always remember and never forget this short poem for you.

There's a me and an I, but there's never a we, when it come to me.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
244 Views
1
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Another spin and it's a 180* ! ...dang you're good. Back to the original topic. Not sure what you game is but always remember and never forget this short poem for you.

There's a me and an I, but there's never a we, when it come to me.

And that is the problem.  You need to realize that the Country is a "we" and not an "I", others have different opinions and you are not omnipotent.

Honored Social Butterfly

The electoral college is genus because it contains wisdom... history proves that. Who doubts that one day the political winds will change and your sails will take hold?
look.... The bus stop has lots of intelligent people who aren't very smart and don't get it and never will. They're trapped by their feelings of being offended.

Guilt? naw... but to me she still represents the white flag of surrender. Once the democratic party moves on, to represent the core of their party, she'll just be a forgotten ole hag.

Hope she doesn't get a statue... lol.




Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
122 Views
30
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The electoral college is genus because it contains wisdom... history proves that. Who doubts that one day the political winds will change and your sails will take hold?
look.... The bus stop has lots of intelligent people who aren't very smart and don't get it and never will. They're trapped by their feelings of being offended.

Guilt? naw... but to me she still represents the white flag of surrender. Once the democratic party moves on, to represent the core of their party, she'll just be a forgotten ole hag.

Hope she doesn't get a statue... lol.




Genius, because it pushed off the slavery issue that led to the Civil War.  Genius because some of our Founding Fathers believed only white men of property should be allowed to vote.   As I said before, it was designed BEFORE our current two party system in an era of slow travel and little communication.  It is archaic, outlived its usefulness and needs to go away.

 

Do you realize that early in our History State Legislatures were essentially Electoral Colleges for Senator?  Do you still want to see that or are you glad that you can now vote for your Senator?

Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:


Genius, because it pushed off the slavery issue that led to the Civil War.  Genius because some of our Founding Fathers believed only white men of property should be allowed to vote.   As I said before, it was designed BEFORE our current two party system in an era of slow travel and little communication.  It is archaic, outlived its usefulness and needs to go away.

 

Do you realize that early in our History State Legislatures were essentially Electoral Colleges for Senator?  Do you still want to see that or are you glad that you can now vote for your Senator?


Even if there had been a popular vote, without doubt there would still be a Civil War.  Your post has nothing to do with this.  There had been animosity between the northern states and the southern ones from Colonial Days. 

 

 

0 Kudos
137 Views
1
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


Genius, because it pushed off the slavery issue that led to the Civil War.  Genius because some of our Founding Fathers believed only white men of property should be allowed to vote.   As I said before, it was designed BEFORE our current two party system in an era of slow travel and little communication.  It is archaic, outlived its usefulness and needs to go away.

 

Do you realize that early in our History State Legislatures were essentially Electoral Colleges for Senator?  Do you still want to see that or are you glad that you can now vote for your Senator?


Even if there had been a popular vote, without doubt there would still be a Civil War.  Your post has nothing to do with this.  There had been animosity between the northern states and the southern ones from Colonial Days. 

 

 


Why don't you read fishslayer's post and my response again.

0 Kudos
148 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

OK... just for the sake of moving things along, do you think it will ever "go away"?

If the answer is yes... consider that we all know the "how". If the answer is no... then the probability has surfaced and time to get on the bus.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
111 Views
26
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


Fishslayer777 wrote:
OK... just for the sake of moving things along, do you think it will ever "go away"?

If the answer is yes... consider that we all know the "how". If the answer is no... then the probability has surfaced and time to get on the bus.



Indeed...

The probability has once again surfaced in the political cesspool.

 

The "follow the crowd" - "climb in the dumpster with the trumpster" - pieces are again floating on top.


"Get on the bus"?

No way.  

That "thinking" does have it's uses - it keeps the cattle all nicely, obediently, and orderly facing the same direction on their trip to the abbatoir.

I've always followed the initial example of independent thinkers who held up the middle finger to the corrupt British Crown - and said in effect - "there's a better path and I'm taking it".

 

History proves that following "tradition" is not always the better path.

 

There IS a better path - one that is not corrupt.

 

Now - back on topic - IMO - the topic subject is quite obviously conservative/republican projection.

 

44>dolt45
Recognized Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
OK... just for the sake of moving things along, do you think it will ever "go away"?

If the answer is yes... consider that we all know the "how". If the answer is no... then the probability has surfaced and time to get on the bus.

I assume you mean the Electoral College.

Since it would take 38 States to ratify an Amendment, that means 12 of the smaller states whose votes are more heavily "weighted" than they should be would have to vote for it.  So, no I do not see happening any time soon, but it is something we need to be pushing for.

0 Kudos
149 Views
24
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sp362 wrote:


I assume you mean the Electoral College.

Since it would take 38 States to ratify an Amendment, that means 12 of the smaller states whose votes are more heavily "weighted" than they should be would have to vote for it.  So, no I do not see happening any time soon, but it is something we need to be pushing for.


You would deny smaller states an equal voice in doing so? 

0 Kudos
149 Views
16
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png