Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial attacks. 

Washington Post;

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. Do anything to anyone who dares disagree. Attack-attack-attack.  To put it crudely, it is no longer clear what liberalism means. Through madern times Freedom has traditionally been the creedo of liberals. However there is good freedom and bad freedom. The good... was to enhance the positive freedom of the dispossessed. However... the bad interwoven into their fabric. Liberals are increasinly ignoring the common good and enbrassing the exploitation others. 

Look at how those who are judged by liberals and what liberals produce today. A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame. The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If you disagree with a liberal your a racist nazi. 

In fact the word nazi has surplanted the word racist and is now the new political "f bomb". 

The extreme left wing has retooled the democratic party to be one of accusers and abusers. Liberal doesn't mean what it usta mean. liberals have lost their liberal mojo and are now becoming anarchists. What were antonyms for liberals are now synonyms. Try these on for size.

-- Fish, your posts indicate hate IS a Christian value, if you consider yourself a Christian.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

-- Fish, your posts indicate hate IS a Christian value, if you consider yourself a Christian.

And who here is qualified to judge whether another is a Christian? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Probably an outside objective observer, donchathink?  

Honored Social Butterfly

@umbarch64 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

How could it be objective when going after someone's religion when it is not pertinent to the discussion?  donchathink?  Typical attempt at diversion.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

How could it be objective when going after someone's religion when it is not pertinent to the discussion?  donchathink?  Typical attempt at diversion.

You don't mind my putting your question in bold italic text and underlining, do you?  Just wanted to make sure everyone knew what I was responding to.  That's rhetorical, of course...I really don't care if you do. 

See...the topic was hypocrisy.  A guy named Jesus, some call Him The Christ, had an opinion about hypocrites as I recall.  What I said was not at all a diversion.  In fact it was intended to bring YOU back to the topic and remind YOU that you hardly qualify as an objective observer, much less an authority...about this topic....or any other as it turns out.

Honored Social Butterfly

@umbarch64 wrote:

See...the topic was hypocrisy.  A guy named Jesus, some call Him The Christ, had an opinion about hypocrites as I recall.  What I said was not at all a diversion.  In fact it was intended to bring YOU back to the topic and remind YOU that you hardly qualify as an objective observer, much less an authority...about this topic....or any other as it turns out.

So the poster is/was objecting to Fishslayer having a tagline invoking his faith?  And it was basically sarcastically make light of?  Can the poster, or you say that he is not a Christian?  That is between him and his God, and not for the poster to say.  Now you continue the attack on his religion?  What about judge not unless you be judged?  Are you qualified to say whether someone is a Christian or not? 

Why is it the liberal element continually bringing religion into a secular discussion? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@umbarch64 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

You don't mind my putting your question in bold italic text and underlining, do you?  Just wanted to make sure everyone knew what I was responding to.  That's rhetorical, of course...I really don't care if you do. 

An adulterer cannot be objective about adultery.

A pedophile about pedophilia,

A domestic abuser/abused about domestic abuse,

A Christian cannot be objective about Christianity.

A Christian's irredeemable bias makes it impossible for the Christian to be objective about any other religious belief system, or about thoughts or conclusions not approved of by their particular belief system...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Oneself, just as I posted.  

Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Of course one just can't this stuff up.  So why are you inserting religion into a discussion, and what right do you have to question if one is a Christian or not?  I would believe that is WAY ABOVE your paygrade.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Of course one just can't this stuff up. What does THAT mean???

So why are you inserting religion into a discussion, Fishslayer inserts it in EVERY post....sorry you miss it.  and what right do you have to question if one is a Christian or not?  Who's asking that matters?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

So why are you inserting religion into a discussion, Fishslayer inserts it in EVERY post....sorry you miss it.  and what right do you have to question if one is a Christian or not?  Who's asking that matters?

Just answering your sarcastic mention of that.  Read your posts.

As for Fishslayer, that is his tagline.  So are you now trying to censor other's tagline?  Besides, you still haven't answered if you can question one's religion?  Yet complain about those who rallied in Charlottesville? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Just answering your sarcastic mention of that.  Read your posts.

As for Fishslayer, that is his tagline.  No kidding.  

So are you now trying to censor other's tagline?  Censor?  LMAO!!!

Besides, you still haven't answered if you can question one's religion?  You haven't answered, "who's asking that matters"?   Yet complain about those who rallied in Charlottesville?  This topic wasn't worthy enough so you try to change it?  I think you're Trolling again, Tex.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Besides, you still haven't answered if you can question one's religion?  You haven't answered, "who's asking that matters"?   Yet complain about those who rallied in Charlottesville?  This topic wasn't worthy enough so you try to change it?  I think you're Trolling again, Tex.

More of your nervous laughter?  And what business is it of yours about someone elses religion?   Nothing to do with the topic.  And the usual accusation of trolling? 

Here's a link for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKWch_MNY0

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

More of your nervous laughter?  Naw, just LMAO at your trolling, baiting questions. No one tried to "censor" anything and your suggesting such is a lie.  But thanks for asking.....

And what business is it of yours about someone elses religion?  Plenty when it's shoved in the faces of everyone with every post.  But thanks for asking....

And what business is it of yours that I point to the signature of another?  Let me help you with that.....NONE!  Glad you asked!

Nothing to do with the topic.  Yes, your posts rarely do.  Just trolling....

And the usual accusation of trolling?  It's easily revealed.... 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

NONE!  Glad you asked!  More sarcasm?  What else are we to expect?

Nothing to do with the topic.  Yes, your posts rarely do.  Just trolling....   Of course I forgot that you are the "shadow moderater here"...  How dare anyone disagree with your posts.   So, why don't you report me? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

In fact the word nazi has surplanted the word racist and is now the new political "f bomb". 

The extreme left wing has retooled the democratic party to be one of accusers and abusers. Liberal doesn't mean what it usta mean. liberals have lost their liberal mojo and are now becoming anarchists. What were antonyms for liberals are now synonyms. Try these on for size.

Absolutely correct, Centristsin2010.

Hatred has now become a necessary and integral part of extreme right fringe cherry-picking fundamentalist/evangelical pseudo christianity.

They now find bogus rationalizations to hate people who disagree with them and penalize and injure people who don't live as they think everyone should live.

NOT what JWD...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@ Cent

I'm a proclaimed sinner. Imperfect in many ways... but I do not judge another. However I will call balls and strikes like I sees 'em.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

--  

Kudo for recognition of inherent right wing turpitude.

44>dolt45
Periodic Contributor

I think the quote is or certainly should be "if you disagree with a liberal they will label you a bigot" 

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The "american voter" gave Hillary 3 million more votes than Trump.

Ok, she got 3 million more votes, but what's she doing now days beside walking in the woods in New York State? 

She's authoring worst sellers.

Honored Social Butterfly

Have you all without exception have read what each other have posted?
The division is so glaring that unity at this time is quite impossible

There is nothing good about any of the Parties and here we are seeing the worse of both.

With these kinds of voters, success is becoming elusive.
I think change is needed in both parties. 

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

The way the post's subject was worded reminds me of "do you still beat your wife?". 

Liberals also refuse to admit they are Martians. 

Honored Social Butterfly

It would be unwise to wait for liberals to become compassionate and inclusive towards scum like nazis and white supremacists. True enough that they enjoy free speech, but everyone else has the same right to free speech to disagree with them. Nothing in the Constitution about vile people getting to spew their hatred unanswered by everyone else. Conservatives are just going to have to get used to it that hate speech is going to be protested (in huge numbers) and it's perfectly legal and appropriate to use mean words against it.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Without any expectation whatsoever that you will do so, I suggest a long and extended visit to Webster's New Universal Dictionary to get some sort of grasp on what meaning a 'real' authority places on words.  That is not to discount the legitimacy of a criticism you thought to make, only to say that using words to imply a meaning outside the definition is ignorant, if accidental; disingenuous in the extreme, if deliberate.  Say you understand to the nice man.

Honored Social Butterfly

Must be a different group of Liberals than the ones with whom I associate. None of us do any of that.   

It is amazing how so many Conservatives want to categorize people in their pre-defined groups. Liberals, Blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, New Yorkers, Southerners........

Honored Social Butterfly

Strange that neoConservatives claim Freedom is threatened by pointing out the simple and irrefutable fact THERE ARE NO GOOD NAZIS.

Those who condone Nazis and attempt to villify those who oppose them are themselves Nazis. Highest actual membership in Hitler's party was only around 5 million, but many of the other 55 million Germans were complicit by their support.

This is not a "free speech" thing - it's a "yell fire in the crowded theater" thing, only in this case the GOP are determined to protect and abet those who are setting a fire in the crowded theater.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png