Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Liberals refuse to see themselves as hypocrites

Too often the pseudo title of "peaceful protesters" is portrayed by the media while the camera shows attacks on free speech. Not only are the attacks printed and verbal, but increasingly physicial attacks. 

 

Washington Post;

For too long, the liberal left has been hiding behind a guise of compassion and inclusivity. They claim to care about the forgotten man and pretend to have tolerance for people of all backgrounds, races, religions and political beliefs. Yet, time and time again, their actions prove otherwise.

 

The camera doesn't lie but liberals do. Do anything to anyone who dares disagree. Attack-attack-attack.  To put it crudely, it is no longer clear what liberalism means. Through madern times Freedom has traditionally been the creedo of liberals. However there is good freedom and bad freedom. The good... was to enhance the positive freedom of the dispossessed. However... the bad interwoven into their fabric. Liberals are increasinly ignoring the common good and enbrassing the exploitation others. 

 

Look at how those who are judged by liberals and what liberals produce today. A vile list of malignant words meant to intimidate and smear good people. It's a "machine gun" vocabulary that indiscriminately hits everyone but with intended result... to verbally mame. The fruit of liberalism is what? I'm at a loss if  anything good is produced. Apparently the American voter thinks the same way.


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
339 Views
295
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Considering the title, that is quite appropriate, Fish.

0 Kudos
570 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

“The congressional members in Texas are hypocrites, and I said back in 2012 they’d be proven to be hypocrites. It was just a matter of time,” New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told reporters Monday. “We were the disaster that was the longest in waiting in terms of federal aid, and I hope that’s not what happens to the folks in Texas.”

0 Kudos
601 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

21105795_1673406709384347_5927175782999115639_n.jpg


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
577 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump condemns News Agencies that say anything negative about him and then shuts them out of the White House briefings. Thats respecting Freedom of Speech fish - NOT !!!

Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

Trump condemns News Agencies that say anything negative about him and then shuts them out of the White House briefings. Thats respecting Freedom of Speech fish - NOT !!!


Condeming is not stopping. You condem Trump every day. I have no issue with someone condeming my speech or my opinion or President Trump's that's called "free speech" .... but do you think that's gonna make me stop? or President Trump?

 

Your postions are so arbitary and without merit. 

 

 


Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
460 Views
6
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly

There are a lot of first for Trump and his run for the presidency in the U.S. such as how he attacks opponents which is nothing short of ruthless not using fact but downright lies and name calling.  And how he attacks the press who doesn't see things his way.  Even to the point of only using FOX News as his only news outlet.  As Tillerson only uses FOX News also.  But in history many others used these tatics the recents in Germany and Italy in late 30's through the mid 40's.  Which will come to the point of using one News outlet for propaganda use only.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Trump condemns News Agencies that say anything negative about him and then shuts them out of the White House briefings. Thats respecting Freedom of Speech fish - NOT !!!


Condeming is not stopping. You condem Trump every day. I have no issue with someone condeming my speech or my opinion or President Trump's that's called "free speech" .... but do you think that's gonna make me stop? or President Trump?

 

Your postions are so arbitary and without merit. 

 

 


Trump has said he want to restrict the press' freedoms in several interviews. 

 

When he points out the press box at rallies, it is an attempt to intimidate. Reporters have had to be escorted out of events by police. 

 

The right can try to weasel around Trump's attempts to act like a third world dictator but the press will continue to report on his actions. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trying to honestly discuss issues with folks , who dont see past their own noses is waisted time and effort !!! 

0 Kudos
530 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Well your not being honest and forthright. You accuse me of "something", won't define it, and won't provide an example of my indiscretion. You then change the subject and say I'm not honest and won't have a discussion.

Do you realize how bizarre that is?

If you want to discuss something ... state your point in a clear and understandable way without personal attacks. Simple.

???

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
507 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

You state the left is attempting to stop Freedom of Speech fish , please elaborate ? I'm all ears. 

0 Kudos
522 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone who uses political rallies to inflame the audience to attack the press is a Nazi in thought, word and deed, even if he may not have a membership card.

Der Trumper incites his crowds to rage against the Press

ergo

Der Trumper is a Nazi

Q.E.D.

Periodic Contributor

Good grief-I keep telling myself I won't read another of these posts, but I keep clicking on them.  Punch; counterpunch but none wins.  

 

I voted for Trump and still like him.  He hasn't a;ways done things the way I would have preferred and frankly sometimes I wish he would give it a break for a week or two.  BUT, whenever I find myself doubting I just remind myself that if Donald trump wasn't our President that HRC would be and then I sigh and I'm happy again.  All I ever needed from President Trump he has given me-a constitutionalist on the SC.  XOXOXO

0 Kudos
397 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

As regards the Electoral College, I think the NPVIC is an interesting agreement and seems to be gaining some ground. It would have the effect of switching to a popularly elected president without having that held up by Congress. 

 

 

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their respective electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The compact is designed to ensure that the candidate who wins the most popular votes is elected president, and it will come into effect only when it will guarantee that outcome.[2][3] As of July 2017, it has been adopted by ten states and the District of Columbia. Together, they have 165 electoral votes, which is 30.7% of the total Electoral College and 61.1% of the votes needed to give the compact legal force.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

As regards the Electoral College, I think the NPVIC is an interesting agreement and seems to be gaining some ground. It would have the effect of switching to a popularly elected president without having that held up by Congress. 

 

 

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their respective electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. The compact is designed to ensure that the candidate who wins the most popular votes is elected president, and it will come into effect only when it will guarantee that outcome.[2][3] As of July 2017, it has been adopted by ten states and the District of Columbia. Together, they have 165 electoral votes, which is 30.7% of the total Electoral College and 61.1% of the votes needed to give the compact legal force.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact


NPVIC is the only way to end the Constitutional Gerrymander of the electoral college. In addition to those States already adopting NPVIC, it passed one house of the State Legislature in Connecticut, Deleware, Maine, Michigan and Oregon and both houses in Colorado, which would bring the total electoral votes to 211. With Flordia, Minnisota and Pennslyvania added, there's be 270, and the electoral college would bow to the will of the majority of American voters. Not an insurmountable task.

Honored Social Butterfly

I fail to see how refusing to be "inclusive" when it comes to Nazis makes one hypocritical. I'd say the hypocracy is with those who claim to be Americans but who support Nazis. The hypocracy would be eclipsed by diabolical evil when these folks embrace Nazi ideology in their party platform, disguised as "securing borders" and "reducing voter fraud". Der Trumper has left mere hypocracy and lying behind and gone on to the diabolical evil stage.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hypocrisy: Defined as pounding the table in support of the rule of law then pardoning any members of your own team when they get caught. 

 

Stay tuned for more pardons to come. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Right you are, Rich.

 

But it is nice to know Fish believes Conservatives acknowledge they themselves are hypocrites.  For example, suggesting the left violated the Constitutional rights of the KKK/Nazi's in Charlottesville, yet supporting trump's pardon for a conviction of violating the Constitutional Rights of Hispanics in Arizona.  Claiming trump is a "Law and Order" President, yet pardon's a convicted criminal.....we could go on and on.  But it's nice to know Fish acknowledges their hypocrisy.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

You guys have blinders on. Pardons have been happening for how long? by how many presidents? for much, much worse criminals. You do see the hypocrisy in that ... right?

Then there's the plank and speck eye thingy...
LOL.... really?

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
268 Views
42
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
You guys have blinders on. Pardons have been happening for how long? by how many presidents? for much, much worse criminals. You do see the hypocrisy in that ... right?

No, just because YOU claim there's hypocrisy, doesn't mean it exists.  Who here has supported pardons?  Your assumptions always reveal your bias.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

So when Trump does it... he's a sinner, but other Presidents do it and it's what?

All Presidents have the constitutional authority to pardon. ALL PRESIDENTS. However... If Trump is all you mention in your opinion.... and this is a hypocrisy thread, then guess what?

For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is.

However if you wanna discuss the merits and the downside of "pardons" I'm all in.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
271 Views
40
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
So when Trump does it... he's a sinner, but other Presidents do it and it's what?

All Presidents have the constitutional authority to pardon. ALL PRESIDENTS. However... If Trump is all you mention in your opinion.... and this is a hypocrisy thread, then guess what?

For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is.

However if you wanna discuss the merits and the downside of "pardons" I'm all in.

Sheriff Joe wasn't even sentenced yet. He would have most likely not even have gotten time, he probably would have been sentenced to 'time served' and public service of some kind.  Trump pardoning him was actually throwing fresh meat (or bait) to his **bleep**ic base. And yes, they swallowed it.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@Fishslayer777 wrote:
So when Trump does it... he's a sinner, He is?  Well then, we don't need to worry about it any longer.  He'll get his, right?  but other Presidents do it and it's what?  In my opinion, using your words, "a sin".  The justice system is there for a purpose.

All Presidents have the constitutional authority to pardon. ALL PRESIDENTS. However... If Trump is all you mention in your opinion.... and this is a hypocrisy thread, then guess what?  You're a very biased "assumer".  You constantly put words, thoughts and opinions onto others and then attack your assumptions.  It's not an intelligent way to discuss issues.  Why don't you just ask others what they think, without all the bigoted assumptions and then respond to their response.  It's a little more honest and mature; don't ya think? 

For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is.  As I said earlier, I'm pleased to see your own hypocrisy....it's revealed more than you may care to know.

However if you wanna discuss the merits and the downside of "pardons" I'm all in.  I see no merits.....the appeal system is pretty effective.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


Fishslayer wrote -For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record- Obama had 1972 pardons of real criminals- Bill Clinton pardon his own brother and Marc Rich ,who was on the FBI 10 most wanted list. His wife gave $400,000 to the Clinton campaign and he got his pardon.   Sherriff Joe was convicted for enforcing the law.(50 years of enforcing the law earned him his pardon)

0 Kudos
423 Views
34
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:


Fishslayer wrote -For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record- Obama had 1972 pardons of real criminals- Bill Clinton pardon his own brother and Marc Rich ,who was on the FBI 10 most wanted list. His wife gave $400,000 to the Clinton campaign and he got his pardon.   Sherriff Joe was convicted for enforcing the law.(50 years of enforcing the law earned him his pardon)


In fact, the judge refused Joe his RIGHT to a jury trial.

0 Kudos
421 Views
33
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:


Fishslayer wrote -For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record- Obama had 1972 pardons of real criminals- Bill Clinton pardon his own brother and Marc Rich ,who was on the FBI 10 most wanted list. His wife gave $400,000 to the Clinton campaign and he got his pardon.   Sherriff Joe was convicted for enforcing the law.(50 years of enforcing the law earned him his pardon)


In fact, the judge refused Joe his RIGHT to a jury trial.


And in Document #62 from the trial:

 

"Defendant Arpaio acknowledges that there is no constitutional right to a jury trial for defendants charged with “petty” offenses where the maximum sentence does not exceed six months imprisonment"

 

Facts usually don't matter to the uninformed....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:


Fishslayer wrote -For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record- Obama had 1972 pardons of real criminals- Bill Clinton pardon his own brother and Marc Rich ,who was on the FBI 10 most wanted list. His wife gave $400,000 to the Clinton campaign and he got his pardon.   Sherriff Joe was convicted for enforcing the law.(50 years of enforcing the law earned him his pardon)


In fact, the judge refused Joe his RIGHT to a jury trial.


And in Document #62 from the trial:

 

"Defendant Arpaio acknowledges that there is no constitutional right to a jury trial for defendants charged with “petty” offenses where the maximum sentence does not exceed six months imprisonment"

 

Facts usually don't matter to the uninformed....


Some on the extreme right are so uninformed it makes me LOL !  Then again, some on the right aren't shy about ignoring the truth or actually lying about it, I give Trump as an example.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:


Fishslayer wrote -For the record... I'm glad Joe gotta get out of jail card. Is that hypocrisy? On a pure law and order platform... yes it is---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For the record- Obama had 1972 pardons of real criminals- Bill Clinton pardon his own brother and Marc Rich ,who was on the FBI 10 most wanted list. His wife gave $400,000 to the Clinton campaign and he got his pardon.   Sherriff Joe was convicted for enforcing the law.(50 years of enforcing the law earned him his pardon)


In fact, the judge refused Joe his RIGHT to a jury trial.


And in Document #62 from the trial:

 

"Defendant Arpaio acknowledges that there is no constitutional right to a jury trial for defendants charged with “petty” offenses where the maximum sentence does not exceed six months imprisonment"

 

Facts usually don't matter to the uninformed....


Some on the extreme right are so uninformed it makes me LOL !  Then again, some on the right aren't shy about ignoring the truth or actually lying about it, I give Trump as an example.


While the Conservatives are concerned about the direction the country might go, the radical liberals are LOL.

0 Kudos
395 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


Some on the extreme right are so uninformed it makes me LOL !  Then again, some on the right aren't shy about ignoring the truth or actually lying about it, I give Trump as an example.


While the Conservatives are concerned about the direction the country might go, the radical liberals are LOL.


Anyone truly informed and concerned about" the direction the country might go" would not have voted for lying white supremacist with a twitter habit, unless of course they support those things.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


Some on the extreme right are so uninformed it makes me LOL !  Then again, some on the right aren't shy about ignoring the truth or actually lying about it, I give Trump as an example.


While the Conservatives are concerned about the direction the country might go, the radical liberals are LOL.


Anyone truly informed and concerned about" the direction the country might go" would not have voted for lying white supremacist with a twitter habit, unless of course they support those things.


Truly bitter about the last election, huh?

0 Kudos
565 Views
2
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png