Let us now praise single moms

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

148 Views
Message 41 of 66

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 


And I find it interesting that the first thought of so many is that the government can take over the task of a parent - and that they see the role of the father to just bring money in, easily replaced by the government.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

148 Views
Message 42 of 66

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Disagree all you want.  I'm not convinced............


Are you really not convinced that a stable two parent home is the environment that gives a child the best hope for the future?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
174
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

174 Views
Message 43 of 66

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
174
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
168
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

168 Views
Message 44 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The numbers are staggering: 24 million children live without their biological father 
in the home. Indeed!  More reason to give praise to single mothers.
That is from the link and what my post is about...it's not about one situation like you posted.  Yet your weren't very clear now.....

You post .."Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism" Praise for any reason...I disagree with that.up to the plate and funding family services in Medicare, food stamps, ChIP programs, etc.  Don't you agree? 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
168
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

172 Views
Message 45 of 66

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Not all "single moms" are in that situation by choice.  I became a "single mom" when I accepted custody of a niece.  What about all of the "single moms" who are actually widows (many of them widows of veterans).  Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism

 

What a pleasure to see you posting again, Char.  Hope you are doing well.

 

As you can see, the Cons are still making sweeping comments and judgements about others.  Some things never change.


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
172
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
159
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

159 Views
Message 46 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:

We as a society have lost our way when it comes to the importance of the family and are paying the price in many ways.

 

The price of "liberty".

 

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
159
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
158
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

158 Views
Message 47 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

As a woman,and a mother that never had to deal wit being a single parent. I can only say that my respects go to these women that do an incredible job in raising their children on their own. That have that integrity to do the best that they can be and do.

Their burden is immense and no words of praise can ever equal to the job that they do.


Some do, some don't. In any case, it is not  an ideal situation to be brought up in.


An abusive two parent household isn’t ideal either.  What kids need are resources, stability, and low-conflict. Those are the kids who thrive, regardless of parenting or extended family model of family.


Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?

 

NO!  You would be assuming all males are good role models and good parents.  Some are NOT!


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
158
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

176 Views
Message 48 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CharMi1949 posted..

Not all "single moms" are in that situation by choice. I became a "single mom" when I accepted custody of a niece. What about all of the "single moms" who are actually widows (many of them widows of veterans). Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism

========================================================

The numbers are staggering: 24 million children live without their biological father in the home.

That is from the link and what my post is about...it's not about one situation like you posted.

You post .."Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism" Praise for any reason...I disagree with that.

We as a society have lost our way when it comes to the importance of the family and are paying the price in many ways.




What makes you think family is not important to single moms? 

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
176
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

180 Views
Message 49 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

As a woman,and a mother that never had to deal wit being a single parent. I can only say that my respects go to these women that do an incredible job in raising their children on their own. That have that integrity to do the best that they can be and do.

Their burden is immense and no words of praise can ever equal to the job that they do.


Some do, some don't. In any case, it is not  an ideal situation to be brought up in.


An abusive two parent household isn’t ideal either.  What kids need are resources, stability, and low-conflict. Those are the kids who thrive, regardless of parenting or extended family model of family.


Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?


If you mean a male role model within the nuclear family unit, no, that’s not necessary. Lesbian parents raise kids just fine.   For most of history, humans have raised their kids in extended family and community settings. This nuclear family thing is very new, and honestly should not be seen as the better option.

 

I know plenty of successful single moms, who make good incomes, are emotionally healthy, and have resources. You can’t say the cause of problems is the single mother household without understanding what led to that single status. Procreating really young?  Picking a crappy man with addiction, adultery, or abuse issues? Delaying education to have children? Mental illness that destroys romantic relationships? It’s a more complex issue than just being a single parent. 

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
180
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
185
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

185 Views
Message 50 of 66

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
185
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors