Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

Message 31 of 66

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Not all "single moms" are in that situation by choice.  I became a "single mom" when I accepted custody of a niece.  What about all of the "single moms" who are actually widows (many of them widows of veterans).  Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism

Welcome back CharMi1949, glad to see you posting again.  Too many seem to want to judge others when they have never walked in their shoes.  My hat is off to all of the single parents out there, my brother raised two daughters and a son by himself.

Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 66

I was one of the lucky ones , to be raised by a Great Single Mom. My Dad was killed in an automoble accident when i was a child and my Mom never found another Love.

My Mom was stronger than any Man I've ever known and so full of Love. What an amazing Woman , I had the honor of calling my "Mom".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

As a woman,and a mother that never had to deal wit being a single parent. I can only say that my respects go to these women that do an incredible job in raising their children on their own. That have that integrity to do the best that they can be and do.

Their burden is immense and no words of praise can ever equal to the job that they do.

Some do, some don't. In any case, it is not  an ideal situation to be brought up in.

An abusive two parent household isn’t ideal either.  What kids need are resources, stability, and low-conflict. Those are the kids who thrive, regardless of parenting or extended family model of family.

Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?

If you mean a male role model within the nuclear family unit, no, that’s not necessary. Lesbian parents raise kids just fine.   For most of history, humans have raised their kids in extended family and community settings. This nuclear family thing is very new, and honestly should not be seen as the better option.

I know plenty of successful single moms, who make good incomes, are emotionally healthy, and have resources. You can’t say the cause of problems is the single mother household without understanding what led to that single status. Procreating really young?  Picking a crappy man with addiction, adultery, or abuse issues? Delaying education to have children? Mental illness that destroys romantic relationships? It’s a more complex issue than just being a single parent. 

I said nothing about the cause of the problem. I just stated that it is not the best environment for a kid to grow up in.

I know you didn’t. But you should take that into consideration, or else you make simplistic judgments about living situations... like you just did. 

The only judgement I am making is to say that is not the ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

There is no ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 66

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

As a woman,and a mother that never had to deal wit being a single parent. I can only say that my respects go to these women that do an incredible job in raising their children on their own. That have that integrity to do the best that they can be and do.

Their burden is immense and no words of praise can ever equal to the job that they do.

Some do, some don't. In any case, it is not  an ideal situation to be brought up in.

An abusive two parent household isn’t ideal either.  What kids need are resources, stability, and low-conflict. Those are the kids who thrive, regardless of parenting or extended family model of family.

Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?

If you mean a male role model within the nuclear family unit, no, that’s not necessary. Lesbian parents raise kids just fine.   For most of history, humans have raised their kids in extended family and community settings. This nuclear family thing is very new, and honestly should not be seen as the better option.

I know plenty of successful single moms, who make good incomes, are emotionally healthy, and have resources. You can’t say the cause of problems is the single mother household without understanding what led to that single status. Procreating really young?  Picking a crappy man with addiction, adultery, or abuse issues? Delaying education to have children? Mental illness that destroys romantic relationships? It’s a more complex issue than just being a single parent. 

I said nothing about the cause of the problem. I just stated that it is not the best environment for a kid to grow up in.

I know you didn’t. But you should take that into consideration, or else you make simplistic judgments about living situations... like you just did. 

The only judgement I am making is to say that is not the ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!

Introducing Christianity again??? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Not all "single moms" are in that situation by choice.  I became a "single mom" when I accepted custody of a niece.  What about all of the "single moms" who are actually widows (many of them widows of veterans).  Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism

What a pleasure to see you posting again, Char.  Hope you are doing well.

As you can see, the Cons are still making sweeping comments and judgements about others.  Some things never change.

No sweeping judgements about people - only about the environment for child raising. Why do you make this stuff up?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

NO!  You would be assuming all males are good role models and good parents.  Some are NOT!

I made no such assumption. I was speaking of the environment best for a child in general. Obviously an abusive father is not good nor is an abusive mother.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 66

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Disagree all you want.  I'm not convinced............

Are you really not convinced that a stable two parent home is the environment that gives a child the best hope for the future?

A two parent conservative/republican family is clearly an example of child abuse - conservatives/republicans being the way they are...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors