Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

Message 21 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I posted this to CharMi1949...

The numbers are staggering: 24 million children live without their biological father in the home.

That is from the link and what my post is about...it's not about one situation like you posted.

You post .."Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism" Praise for any reason...I disagree with that.

We as a society have lost our way when it comes to the importance of the family and are paying the price in many ways.

ManicProgressive posted...

What makes you think family is not important to single moms?

---------------------------------------------------

Say what? What makes you think that family is not important to single moms? There are many single parent family's that turn out fine.

My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad. President Obama was big on the importance of the family and that happens to MANY children, not ALL children that are brought by a single parent.

This thread and its title "Let us now praise single moms" is encouraging single moms and its asinine to do so.

I have read this several times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!

Introducing Christianity again??? 

Sure, does that trouble you?  Were we founded on Christian values?  What would a Real Christian think?

Founded that way, are we a "Christian Nation". I know some object to that term ....but as you say, we were founded on Christian values.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?

NO!  You would be assuming all males are good role models and good parents.  Some are NOT!

I made no such assumption. I was speaking of the environment best for a child in general. Obviously an abusive father is not good nor is an abusive mother.

You assumed two, was better than one.  Not necessarily.  It depends on the quality of the two.  At times, one is far better. Nothing to argue about.....just your point isn't necessarily true  Ideally it is, but life isn't always ideal....neither are people.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. However, in general, a child has a better chance of success raised in a stable two parent home.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Disagree all you want.  I'm not convinced............

Are you really not convinced that a stable two parent home is the environment that gives a child the best hope for the future?

Depends on the quality of the two. Don't you think?

I do. Same applies to the one parent situation. But it is harder to succeed in that situation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 66

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The only judgement I am making is to say that is not the ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

There is no ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

True - but single parenting is not a good one.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 66

I posted this to CharMi1949...

The numbers are staggering: 24 million children live without their biological father in the home.

That is from the link and what my post is about...it's not about one situation like you posted.

You post .."Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism" Praise for any reason...I disagree with that.

We as a society have lost our way when it comes to the importance of the family and are paying the price in many ways.

ManicProgressive posted...

What makes you think family is not important to single moms?

---------------------------------------------------

Say what? What makes you think that family is not important to single moms? There are many single parent family's that turn out fine.

My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad. President Obama was big on the importance of the family and that happens to MANY children, not ALL children that are brought by a single parent.

This thread and its title "Let us now praise single moms" is encouraging single moms and its asinine to do so.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!

Introducing Christianity again??? 

Sure, does that trouble you?  Were we founded on Christian values?  What would a Real Christian think?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Can we agree that a single mother with no male role model available is not a good environment to grow up in and certainly not a recipe for success?

NO!  You would be assuming all males are good role models and good parents.  Some are NOT!

I made no such assumption. I was speaking of the environment best for a child in general. Obviously an abusive father is not good nor is an abusive mother.

You assumed two, was better than one.  Not necessarily.  It depends on the quality of the two.  At times, one is far better. Nothing to argue about.....just your point isn't necessarily true  Ideally it is, but life isn't always ideal....neither are people.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
CharMi1949 posted..

Not all "single moms" are in that situation by choice. I became a "single mom" when I accepted custody of a niece. What about all of the "single moms" who are actually widows (many of them widows of veterans). Single moms and dads deserve who are "single" for any reason deserve praise not criticism

========================================================

So, KidBoy2 ................ if one parent walks away from the marriage and the other parent raises the kids by his or herself and does the best that they can, they don't deserve praise?  How digusting.

How about if a woman gets pregnant, the man abandons her, but she has the baby and raised the child herself the best she can, she also deserves no praise? How disgusting.

How about when a spouse dies and the other spouse raises the kids themselves the best they can? Do they deserve no praise?  How disgusting.

Under what circumstances does a single parent not deserve praise for raising their kids alone?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@CharMi1949 wrote:

Disagree all you want.  I'm not convinced............

Are you really not convinced that a stable two parent home is the environment that gives a child the best hope for the future?

Depends on the quality of the two. Don't you think?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors