Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

Message 11 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:

ManicProgressive asked..

Are you saying a single mom with a child is not a family?

============================================================

No.

Again...My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad.

And to have a thread that title is "Let us now praise single moms" is what does not fly. It sounds like its endorsing single motherhood.

Of the 11 million families with children under age 18, and no spouse present, the majority are single mothers (8.5 million). Single fathers comprise the remaining 2.5 million single parent families. Married couples make up 68 percent of all families with children under age 18, compared to 93 percent in 1950.Nov 17, 2016

A sad trend that has lead to higher crime, more families living in poverty and higher crime rates.
There are may links that back that up like ..

https://www.mnpsych.org/index.php?option=com_dailyplanetblog&view=entry&category=industry%20news&id=...

Father-Absent Homes: Implications for Criminal Justice and Mental Health Professionals

Praising someone in a tough situation is not endorsing it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. However, in general, a child has a better chance of success raised in a stable two parent home.

Hope your sitting down......we agree!

Gasp! Gasp! Be still my heart.

Before you get too excited, "stable' is a relative term.  I'm making an assumption as to what you mean.....nothing but positive traits.Fair?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 66

ManicProgressive asked..

Are you saying a single mom with a child is not a family?

============================================================

No.

Again...My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad.

And to have a thread that title is "Let us now praise single moms" is what does not fly. It sounds like its endorsing single motherhood.

Of the 11 million families with children under age 18, and no spouse present, the majority are single mothers (8.5 million). Single fathers comprise the remaining 2.5 million single parent families. Married couples make up 68 percent of all families with children under age 18, compared to 93 percent in 1950.Nov 17, 2016

A sad trend that has lead to higher crime, more families living in poverty and higher crime rates.
There are may links that back that up like ..

https://www.mnpsych.org/index.php?option=com_dailyplanetblog&view=entry&category=industry%20news&id=...

Father-Absent Homes: Implications for Criminal Justice and Mental Health Professionals

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!

Introducing Christianity again??? 

Sure, does that trouble you?  Were we founded on Christian values?  What would a Real Christian think?

Founded that way, are we a "Christian Nation". I know some object to that term ....but as you say, we were founded on Christian values.

Too bad many of the founding fathers did not support the idea that this country was founded on Christian values. The idea that this country was founded on Christian values arose almost 200 years after the founding of this country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The only judgement I am making is to say that is not the ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

There is no ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

True - but single parenting is not a good one.

In some cases single parenting is a very good one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

I have read this several times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

======================================

Its not that hard to understand.

Again...

My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad. President Obama was big on the importance of the family and that happens to MANY children, not ALL children that are brought by a single parent.

WHAT happens to many children?  Family happens? Your sentence doesn’t make sense. Are you saying a single mom with a child is not a family?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. However, in general, a child has a better chance of success raised in a stable two parent home.

Gasp! Gasp! Be still my heart.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 66
ManicProgressive posted..

I have read this several times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

======================================

Its not that hard to understand.

Again...

My posts are about how much it means to have family's that have a mom and a dad. President Obama was big on the importance of the family and that happens to MANY children, not ALL children that are brought by a single parent.

This thread and its title "Let us now praise single moms" is encouraging single moms and its asinine to do so.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 66

9152 says "Founded that way, are we a "Christian Nation". I know some object to that term ....but as you say, we were founded on Christian values."

-------------------

And we showed the Native American's our Christian Values - didn't we ?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22