Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
138
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

138 Views
Message 1 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


True - but single parenting is not a good one.


In some cases single parenting is a very good one.


There are exceptions to any rule. However, I hope you are not suggesting that a single parent home is a good start for kids in general. If you look at lifetime poverty stats as they move from generation to generation I believe you will see a pattern.

 

Interesting comment given how Red states are pushing the elimination of abortion rights, including jailing doctors, even in the case of rape and incest,  What type of family do Conservatives suggest these children are raised in?  Single mother, victim of rape at 14, daddy is in jail, does this mother deserve our scorn?  Praise?


 


If rape and incest exceptions were made, would you support the legislation?

 

NO!  But it does show Repubs couldn't care less about women's rights. FORCING parenting rarely has a favorable outcome.

 

If you are against abortion, don't have one!



That defines things very well. One side sees it as the woman's rights. The other sees it as the baby's right to life.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
138
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

148 Views
Message 2 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


True - but single parenting is not a good one.


In some cases single parenting is a very good one.


There are exceptions to any rule. However, I hope you are not suggesting that a single parent home is a good start for kids in general. If you look at lifetime poverty stats as they move from generation to generation I believe you will see a pattern.

 

Interesting comment given how Red states are pushing the elimination of abortion rights, including jailing doctors, even in the case of rape and incest,  What type of family do Conservatives suggest these children are raised in?  Single mother, victim of rape at 14, daddy is in jail, does this mother deserve our scorn?  Praise?


 


If rape and incest exceptions were made, would you support the legislation?

 

NO!  But it does show Repubs couldn't care less about women's rights. FORCING parenting rarely has a favorable outcome.

 

If you are against abortion, don't have one!



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
153
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

153 Views
Message 3 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


True - but single parenting is not a good one.


In some cases single parenting is a very good one.


There are exceptions to any rule. However, I hope you are not suggesting that a single parent home is a good start for kids in general. If you look at lifetime poverty stats as they move from generation to generation I believe you will see a pattern.

 

Interesting comment given how Red states are pushing the elimination of abortion rights, including jailing doctors, even in the case of rape and incest,  What type of family do Conservatives suggest these children are raised in?  Single mother, victim of rape at 14, daddy is in jail, does this mother deserve our scorn?  Praise?


 


If rape and incest exceptions were made, would you support the legislation?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
153
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

165 Views
Message 4 of 66

@rk9152 wrote:


True - but single parenting is not a good one.


In some cases single parenting is a very good one.


There are exceptions to any rule. However, I hope you are not suggesting that a single parent home is a good start for kids in general. If you look at lifetime poverty stats as they move from generation to generation I believe you will see a pattern.

 

Interesting comment given how Red states are pushing the elimination of abortion rights, including jailing doctors, even in the case of rape and incest,  What type of family do Conservatives suggest these children are raised in?  Single mother, victim of rape at 14, daddy is in jail, does this mother deserve our scorn?  Praise?


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
165
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
183
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

183 Views
Message 5 of 66

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. However, in general, a child has a better chance of success raised in a stable two parent home.

 

Hope your sitting down......we agree!


 


Gasp! Gasp! Be still my heart.

 

Before you get too excited, "stable' is a relative term.  I'm making an assumption as to what you mean.....nothing but positive traits.Fair?


 


Fair.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
183
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
186
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

186 Views
Message 6 of 66

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I find it interesting that the first thought of so many posters here is the cost to the taxpayer. 

 

Do you mean the values of our "Christian Nation" don't matter?  Shocking!!!


 


Introducing Christianity again??? 

 

Sure, does that trouble you?  Were we founded on Christian values?  What would a Real Christian think?


Founded that way, are we a "Christian Nation". I know some object to that term ....but as you say, we were founded on Christian values.


 


Too bad many of the founding fathers did not support the idea that this country was founded on Christian values. The idea that this country was founded on Christian values arose almost 200 years after the founding of this country.


Are you questioning the "founded that way" thought?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
186
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

190 Views
Message 7 of 66

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The only judgement I am making is to say that is not the ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?

There is no ideal recipe for success - can we agree on that?


True - but single parenting is not a good one.


In some cases single parenting is a very good one.


There are exceptions to any rule. However, I hope you are not suggesting that a single parent home is a good start for kids in general. If you look at lifetime poverty stats as they move from generation to generation I believe you will see a pattern.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
190
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
201
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

201 Views
Message 8 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

Praising someone in a tough situation is not endorsing it.

=======================================================

Enough of your double talk!

OH those 'family and Christin vlues......


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
201
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

221 Views
Message 9 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

Praising someone in a tough situation is not endorsing it.

=======================================================

Enough of your double talk!

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

Praising someone in a tough situation is not endorsing it.

=======================================================

Enough of your double talk!

No. You think shaming women will somehow make them stay with their husbands. Or shaming women will somehow make men be real fathers. You deal with the superficial stuff instead of looking at root causes.

 

I will not shame women for being single mothers. Women do most of the parenting, BY FAR, even in two parent households. They have Herculean strength to handle it alone and I bow to them.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
221
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
233
Views

Re: Let us now praise single moms

233 Views
Message 10 of 66
ManicProgressive posted..

Praising someone in a tough situation is not endorsing it.

=======================================================

Enough of your double talk!
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
233
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors