Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
60
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

60 Views
Message 1 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes they are. Your point - shall we have no energy, even windmill farms are placed somewhere, hydroelectric might inconvenience a canoeist, those large solar energy collection facilities take up space somewhere. And, since we all want and need energy - someone may make a buck providing it.


Nuclear sources are being phased out.  Coal sources are being phased out. Neither is going to be economically viable in the face of the wave of renewable sources. Here in NM we are going to pay El Paso Electric for their investment in a coal fired plant which is no longer economically viable.  

 

There are problems taking over the waste from the nuclear industry and we will solve them. I just want to keep reminding you that citizens still have rights in this country. If someone feels they should lose those rights for the "common good", they need to register with the Communist party. Preferably in North Korea.


Every road built involves the common good.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
60
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
72
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

72 Views
Message 2 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes they are. Your point - shall we have no energy, even windmill farms are placed somewhere, hydroelectric might inconvenience a canoeist, those large solar energy collection facilities take up space somewhere. And, since we all want and need energy - someone may make a buck providing it.


Nuclear sources are being phased out.  Coal sources are being phased out. Neither is going to be economically viable in the face of the wave of renewable sources. Here in NM we are going to pay El Paso Electric for their investment in a coal fired plant which is no longer economically viable.  

 

There are problems taking over the waste from the nuclear industry and we will solve them. I just want to keep reminding you that citizens still have rights in this country. If someone feels they should lose those rights for the "common good", they need to register with the Communist party. Preferably in North Korea.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
72
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
87
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

87 Views
Message 3 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A gay wedding is in no way related to nuclear energy. As to "common good" it is a factor for just about every highway that is built and many other events that our citizens require.

 

When thousands of people get the energy they require and pollution concerns are helped, it becomes more than the pettiness about a "millionaire".


Newsflash. This is America where everyone's rights are equal. 


Yes they are. Your point - shall we have no energy, even windmill farms are placed somewhere, hydroelectric might inconvenience a canoeist, those large solar energy collection facilities take up space somewhere. And, since we all want and need energy - someone may make a buck providing it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
87
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
97
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

97 Views
Message 4 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

A gay wedding is in no way related to nuclear energy. As to "common good" it is a factor for just about every highway that is built and many other events that our citizens require.

 

When thousands of people get the energy they require and pollution concerns are helped, it becomes more than the pettiness about a "millionaire".


Newsflash. This is America where everyone's rights are equal. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
97
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
103
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

103 Views
Message 5 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It seems that the President is wrong for allowing the  use of the facility and the Reoublicans are wrong for limiting the use of the facility.


I was paying more attention to the florist who lives within 35 miles of where they want to put it.  She does not want it there. Does her voice count or only the President's, the Republicans, and the millionaires who will make money on building it? 


I was paying attention to the posters who seem conflicted on it.

 

As to the florist - there is the principle of "common good".


Yes, the Republican definition. 

 

if we are talking about  a florist not serving a gay couple, it is "individual rights". If we are talking about jamming a nuclear waste dump down the throat of a florist so a millionaire can profit, it is "the common good"


A gay wedding is in no way related to nuclear energy. As to "common good" it is a factor for just about every highway that is built and many other events that our citizens require.

 

When thousands of people get the energy they require and pollution concerns are helped, it becomes more than the pettiness about a "millionaire".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
103
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
129
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

129 Views
Message 6 of 16

   This thread has gone off (or is going to ) go off the rails with nonsense.    My POV, if the florist or baker is one of the evangelical types that won't serve everyone equally, cash being king , then yep, put it close to them.   Perhaps then they would figure out how the free market works - when everyone chooses not to do business with them, regardless of the glowing remarks by some.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
129
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
139
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

139 Views
Message 7 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It seems that the President is wrong for allowing the  use of the facility and the Reoublicans are wrong for limiting the use of the facility.


I was paying more attention to the florist who lives within 35 miles of where they want to put it.  She does not want it there. Does her voice count or only the President's, the Republicans, and the millionaires who will make money on building it? 


I was paying attention to the posters who seem conflicted on it.

 

As to the florist - there is the principle of "common good".


Yes, the Republican definition. 

 

if we are talking about  a florist not serving a gay couple, it is "individual rights". If we are talking about jamming a nuclear waste dump down the throat of a florist so a millionaire can profit, it is "the common good"

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
139
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

140 Views
Message 8 of 16

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The problems are purely political. Harry Reid gladly took the mantle to kill it.

Yucca Mountain is the first cousin of climate change. Opinions and politics corrupt science.
Knowledge and experience delivers the truth.

I am sorry but I can't see how your statement relates at all to the idea that we should just drop off the waste at the CBP holding pens. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
140
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
143
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

143 Views
Message 9 of 16
The problems are purely political. Harry Reid gladly took the mantle to kill it.

Yucca Mountain is the first cousin of climate change. Opinions and politics corrupt science.
Knowledge and experience delivers the truth.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
143
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
158
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

158 Views
Message 10 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It seems that the President is wrong for allowing the  use of the facility and the Reoublicans are wrong for limiting the use of the facility.


I was paying more attention to the florist who lives within 35 miles of where they want to put it.  She does not want it there. Does her voice count or only the President's, the Republicans, and the millionaires who will make money on building it? 


I was paying attention to the posters who seem conflicted on it.

 

As to the florist - there is the principle of "common good".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
158
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors