Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

Message 1 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes they are. Your point - shall we have no energy, even windmill farms are placed somewhere, hydroelectric might inconvenience a canoeist, those large solar energy collection facilities take up space somewhere. And, since we all want and need energy - someone may make a buck providing it.

Nuclear sources are being phased out.  Coal sources are being phased out. Neither is going to be economically viable in the face of the wave of renewable sources. Here in NM we are going to pay El Paso Electric for their investment in a coal fired plant which is no longer economically viable.  

There are problems taking over the waste from the nuclear industry and we will solve them. I just want to keep reminding you that citizens still have rights in this country. If someone feels they should lose those rights for the "common good", they need to register with the Communist party. Preferably in North Korea.

Every road built involves the common good.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let's just drop off the nuclear waste across the street from the CBP offices

Message 2 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

Yes they are. Your point - shall we have no energy, even windmill farms are placed somewhere, hydroelectric might inconvenience a canoeist, those large solar energy collection facilities take up space somewhere. And, since we all want and need energy - someone may make a buck providing it.

Nuclear sources are being phased out.  Coal sources are being phased out. Neither is going to be economically viable in the face of the wave of renewable sources. Here in NM we are going to pay El Paso Electric for their investment in a coal fired plant which is no longer economically viable.  

There are problems taking over the waste from the nuclear industry and we will solve them. I just want to keep reminding you that citizens still have rights in this country. If someone feels they should lose those rights for the "common good", they need to register with the Communist party. Preferably in North Korea.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A gay wedding is in no way related to nuclear energy. As to "common good" it is a factor for just about every highway that is built and many other events that our citizens require.

When thousands of people get the energy they require and pollution concerns are helped, it becomes more than the pettiness about a "millionaire".

Newsflash. This is America where everyone's rights are equal. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

A gay wedding is in no way related to nuclear energy. As to "common good" it is a factor for just about every highway that is built and many other events that our citizens require.

When thousands of people get the energy they require and pollution concerns are helped, it becomes more than the pettiness about a "millionaire".

Newsflash. This is America where everyone's rights are equal. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It seems that the President is wrong for allowing the  use of the facility and the Reoublicans are wrong for limiting the use of the facility.

I was paying more attention to the florist who lives within 35 miles of where they want to put it.  She does not want it there. Does her voice count or only the President's, the Republicans, and the millionaires who will make money on building it? 

I was paying attention to the posters who seem conflicted on it.

As to the florist - there is the principle of "common good".

Yes, the Republican definition. 

if we are talking about  a florist not serving a gay couple, it is "individual rights". If we are talking about jamming a nuclear waste dump down the throat of a florist so a millionaire can profit, it is "the common good"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

This thread has gone off (or is going to ) go off the rails with nonsense.    My POV, if the florist or baker is one of the evangelical types that won't serve everyone equally, cash being king , then yep, put it close to them.   Perhaps then they would figure out how the free market works - when everyone chooses not to do business with them, regardless of the glowing remarks by some.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It seems that the President is wrong for allowing the  use of the facility and the Reoublicans are wrong for limiting the use of the facility.

I was paying more attention to the florist who lives within 35 miles of where they want to put it.  She does not want it there. Does her voice count or only the President's, the Republicans, and the millionaires who will make money on building it? 

Yes, the Republican definition. 

if we are talking about  a florist not serving a gay couple, it is "individual rights". If we are talking about jamming a nuclear waste dump down the throat of a florist so a millionaire can profit, it is "the common good"

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
The problems are purely political. Harry Reid gladly took the mantle to kill it.

Yucca Mountain is the first cousin of climate change. Opinions and politics corrupt science.
Knowledge and experience delivers the truth.

I am sorry but I can't see how your statement relates at all to the idea that we should just drop off the waste at the CBP holding pens. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16
The problems are purely political. Harry Reid gladly took the mantle to kill it.

Yucca Mountain is the first cousin of climate change. Opinions and politics corrupt science.
Knowledge and experience delivers the truth.

"My AR self identifies as a Musket
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22