Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let's call them "Trump Suites"

Message 1 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
I am ashamed that the Democrats, for month after month said that there was no crisis at the southern border...remember Ed? I do.

And you have the unmitigated gall to blame it ALL on Trump.

After almost two months Ms Pelosi today is requesting money to help the crisis at the border.

there is only so much competent leadership can do with such an incompetent president. You keep forgetting to mention this is a Trump created problem. Why is that?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all- I think we ought to call them ... there are no terms accurate. No one, not even convicted felons, should have to live in these conditions.

I am ashamed of the powers in our country that create such places to put children. Whether a person agrees with the present administration's policies on immigration and migrants, there is no excuse for such condtions and such treatment.

These are children- they are important. We need these kids in our future, despite what the current occupant of the White House says.

I wish the present occupant of the White House had to live in these condtions (sic) for a while. I wish the current occupant of the White House had to try and live in basic low-middle class surroundings for a while. He might learn something. but I doubt it. He seems totally unwilling and incapable of learning much.

Good dau to all- Ed

=============================================================

Trump requests $4.5 billion to address 'humanitarian crisis' at border
John Fritze, USA TODAY Published 12:29 p.m. ET May 1, 2019 | Updated 4:35 p.m. ET May 1, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/01/donald-trump-requests-4-5-billion-humanitari...

I am ashamed that the Democrats, for month after month said that there was no crisis at the southern border...remember Ed? I do.

After almost two months Ms Pelosi today is requesting money to help the crisis at the border.

Did you read your supporting article. If you did you know the fear was most of the money would be used to  enable Trump to increase the number of people who he was keeping at the order. Trump has told the Committee Chairman he will  veto the bill they are now working on. We also hear tonight on TV that they are keeping children rather than contacting parents who are in the US. One of the lawyers who broke this story tells us one little girl had a wrist band on with her mothers US tel. number on it. They called the number and talked to the mother. The mother had never been contact by the Trump SS about the little girl. You want to end the Trump created border mess. Get rid of Trump. Impeach him today

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12
EdM965653 posted..

Good morning to all- I think we ought to call them ... there are no terms accurate. No one, not even convicted felons, should have to live in these conditions.

I am ashamed of the powers in our country that create such places to put children. Whether a person agrees with the present administration's policies on immigration and migrants, there is no excuse for such condtions and such treatment.

These are children- they are important. We need these kids in our future, despite what the current occupant of the White House says.

I wish the present occupant of the White House had to live in these condtions (sic) for a while. I wish the current occupant of the White House had to try and live in basic low-middle class surroundings for a while. He might learn something. but I doubt it. He seems totally unwilling and incapable of learning much.

Good dau to all- Ed

=============================================================

Trump requests $4.5 billion to address 'humanitarian crisis' at border
John Fritze, USA TODAY Published 12:29 p.m. ET May 1, 2019 | Updated 4:35 p.m. ET May 1, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/01/donald-trump-requests-4-5-billion-humanitari...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

Well, the Democratic house has passed the appropriation. Now we just have to get it through the Republican Senate. Why is it you never hear Republican and Competent in the same sentence? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@EdM965653 wrote:

I wish the present occupant of the White House had to live in these condtions for a while.

He would find your feelings, laughable, not his type.  We can be certain he is aware of these conditions.  Not openly, publically laughable re those s hole countries anymore,  but enjoyable all the same.  This much chaos requires  management money for its emergency or it's going to get worse.  Much worse.  Power corrputs.  No kidding.

Does anyone anywhere know exactly how many children and adults are living in squalor in Trump Suites across this nation?  Should there be a financial audit of this enterprise in support of....monies to be well spent?

American citizens should not have to endure evermore "secrets" this president insists upon.  Every who, what, where, when and why of the Trump Suite enterprise should be public knowledge.  Because, he needs more.  Are we truly blind to what "more" means.

Is this his, I can stand in the street and....whatever....and not loose one vote?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

@jimc91 wrote:

Consider contacting your Congressman and Senators and registering your displeasure with their performance over the past several decades.  Their refusal to address and fix all things immigration has led to this.  

Also consider going down to the border to view for yourself what our Border Patrol Agents are forced to deal with simply because Congress won't give them the money to fix these facilities that have been there for a very long time.  Not to mention fixing the broken laws that they wrote in the first place.

Food for thought...

So tell me again how this Executive order thing works where Trump can get money for a wall but not for soap for children?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@jimc91 wrote:

@EdM965653 wrote:

I wish the present occupant of the White House had to live in these condtions for a while. I wish the current occupant of the White House had to try and live in basic low-middle class surroundings for a while. He might learn something. but I doubt it. He seems totally unwilling and incapable of learning much.

Good dau to all- Ed

Consider contacting your Congressman and Senators and registering your displeasure with their performance over the past several decades.  Their refusal to address and fix all things immigration has led to this.  

Also consider going down to the border to view for yourself what our Border Patrol Agents are forced to deal with simply because Congress won't give them the money to fix these facilities that have been there for a very long time.  Not to mention fixing the broken laws that they wrote in the first place.

Food for thought...

I have a better idea. Yes lets contact them and tell them we want this and all the problems ended. Move on Trump today. Impeach him and the problems will be solved.

Please tell us in detail about your visit to the border. When, Where, What you saw and who you talked with.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Food for thought? Let’s get someone competent to run our Country! Not someone that makes terrible decisions,

creates chaos, and the blame others for not fixing his mess. 

And yes, I wish he had to stay with the kids for a week. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@EdM965653 wrote:

I wish the present occupant of the White House had to live in these condtions for a while. I wish the current occupant of the White House had to try and live in basic low-middle class surroundings for a while. He might learn something. but I doubt it. He seems totally unwilling and incapable of learning much.

Good dau to all- Ed

Food for thought...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Let's call them "Trump Suites

Someone is getting rich off the child gulag system, I just know it's not me.

It cost as much to keep these children in these deplorable conditions as it would in a Trump golf resort. 

If any of us did this to children we would go to jail for it. We would probably plea guility so we wouldn't have to face a jury of our peers and the shame of our crimes.

Republicans elected the guy who did this President.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors