Let’s Get a Few Things Straight

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let’s Get a Few Things Straight

Message 21 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Really?? I was raised that it was stand up straight, take your hat off and put your hand over your heart. Where did you learn the kneeling thing??

So do you do everything you were taught?  Were you taught to be disrespectful, disruptive, insulting, and trolling? I guess you must have been.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

Really?? I was raised that it was stand up straight, take your hat off and put your hand over your heart. Where did you learn the kneeling thing??

I was as well but this is a protest and you do things differently to let people know you are not in agreement with something. If it shocks you, then mission accomplished.  However, just because they are not paying homage to the anthem the way YOU want them to, does not mean they are being disrespectful to anyone other than Donald J Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 49

Alferd - I think in this case "taking a knee" is more in line with the posture of a suplicant requesting a boon - in this case that THEIR government stop shooting unarmed, peaceful black people. The rest of us need to assume an attitude of prayer and respectfully request that the Diety remove the carbuncle from the buttcheek of America in all due haste.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I love the smell of fake outrage in the morning!

Getting on one's knee(s) has always been a sign of respect. The players, coaches, police officers and bystanders who "took a knee" are doing so to protest the abuse of black by police officers, the inequities in the American system, and Donald J Trump.  Everyone, including Donald J Trump knows this yet, once again, the fake outrage is the only defense they have as they know the players are addressing legitimate issues. 

As Trump Tweets from time to time, "Sad"

Kneeling?

Isn't one supposed to kneel when praying for a miracle to remove the travesty currently afflicting the nation?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 49

It's been decades since Networks panned the camera across the fans when the National Anthem played - too depressing to watch all the bum-scratching, chewing, spitting and idle chitchat but na'ary a soul with hat or hand over heart, singing along.

That being the case, why on earth would the POTUS find it necessary to chastize the PLAYERS for using the occasion to express their discontent with the way Government is treating minorities? The fans have been showing outright contemp for "the flag" for a very long time at sporting events.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 49

@Richva wrote:

Getting on one's knee(s) has always been a sign of respect. The players, coaches, police officers and bystanders who "took a knee" are doing so to protest the abuse of black by police officers, the inequities in the American system, and Donald J Trump.  Everyone, including Donald J Trump knows this yet, once again, the fake outrage is the only defense they have as they know the players are addressing legitimate issues. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 49

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

You guys must be desperate for things to get outraged over.

Over three million people in Pureto Rico,  many, maybe most without food, water, power, phones, and shelter in tropical heat.

US citizens on the ropes.

What do you guys do? Outrage over what NFL players do.

What's up with that, is Trump lagging and consequently  you all lag too?

You guys connected with a psychic link or something?

Goosestep to Trump's tweets, dance to his music, is it like rapture or something?

PR is in terrible shape. Yet, the NFL played it's games and the players played their games. 

So, any reference to President Trump or the offensive "goosestep" really have no place in the discussion. They are two distinctly separate issues.

"But in the meantime, someone needs to tell these young men that kneeling for the anthem is seen by most of us as an extremely offensive attack on the country. It's a shame the president is apparently the only person in authority who is willing to do so."

Interesting you didnt see Trump in the topic post. Maye a Topic on his divisivness and his lack of presidential qualities? That would be a long one..and maybe not even involve his policies.

Ingram, however you spell her name, gave her opinion. But she didnt give her opinion on the real issue, same as Trump, same as his supporters.

And the "goosestep" thing.......?

His divisiveness is seen that way by those who (unlike me) are unable to see "people". Everyone to them must have a hyphen.

You have to ask yourself who is really decisive.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
@NM

You understand of course the players are not all black.... right? You just interjected race.

Listen I get it... Colin is black and 70% of the NFL players are black, but this was never about color. Never... ever.

I don't think it's effective to try to mansplain while being deliberately obtuse.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 49

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

You guys must be desperate for things to get outraged over.

Over three million people in Pureto Rico,  many, maybe most without food, water, power, phones, and shelter in tropical heat.

US citizens on the ropes.

What do you guys do? Outrage over what NFL players do.

What's up with that, is Trump lagging and consequently  you all lag too?

You guys connected with a psychic link or something?

Goosestep to Trump's tweets, dance to his music, is it like rapture or something?

PR is in terrible shape. Yet, the NFL played it's games and the players played their games. 

So, any reference to President Trump or the offensive "goosestep" really have no place in the discussion. They are two distinctly separate issues.

"But in the meantime, someone needs to tell these young men that kneeling for the anthem is seen by most of us as an extremely offensive attack on the country. It's a shame the president is apparently the only person in authority who is willing to do so."

Interesting you didnt see Trump in the topic post. Maye a Topic on his divisivness and his lack of presidential qualities? That would be a long one..and maybe not even involve his policies.

Ingram, however you spell her name, gave her opinion. But she didnt give her opinion on the real issue, same as Trump, same as his supporters.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors