Let’s Get a Few Things Straight

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Let’s Get a Few Things Straight

Message 11 of 49

RK was wrong again when he said, "But it started under Barack H Obama, so much for that theory."

NO! Only a small handful of players were protesting until Friday. After Trump insulted those who were peacefully protesting, the entire league, including many owners, are now protesting because of Donald Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Wow... just wow. A double down on crude.

Bless your heart

Not sure if you are talking about my post but I love that picture. So true, So true.  Is that Fake Outrage I smell?

Naw, he just posts to whomever may be listening in hopes SOMEONE will respond.  Rather shallow IMO.

......and got two off topic responses. How 'bout that sports fans.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Alferd - I think in this case "taking a knee" is more in line with the posture of a suplicant requesting a boon - in this case that THEIR government stop shooting unarmed, peaceful black people. The rest of us need to assume an attitude of prayer and respectfully request that the Diety remove the carbuncle from the buttcheek of America in all due haste.

Certainly something to strive for. But were they sincere, they would be asking THEIR government to do something about the slaughter of black people by other blacks in major cities. Since they don't, there must be something else concerning them. Possibly related to Kaepernick's Castro t-shirt.

By your crude "buttcheek" comment I assume you are referring to President Trump. If so, have the instances of THEIR government shooting innocent black people increased in the last nine months. If not, once again, there must be another agenda in play here.

No other agenda - kneeling and respectfully requesting that the Deity remove the abomination that is damaging the nation and world always comes first.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 49

@jimc91 wrote:

It would appear we do not teach basic civics in our schools based of the lack of understanding we see by our citizens today.

Is that subject lost forever?  How should we seniors set an example for young people today?

civics and US  history were the victims of your partys budget cuts.

I remember 9th grade civics very well, and i was a poor student..and my teacher was strict. I learned that protest against the govt  is as american as apple pie. Nothing changes without direct action.  Sam Adams was a drunk and the sons of liberty met in taverns. Oh my what the elite brits thought of them.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Really?? I was raised that it was stand up straight, take your hat off and put your hand over your heart. Where did you learn the kneeling thing??

I was as well but this is a protest and you do things differently to let people know you are not in agreement with something. If it shocks you, then mission accomplished.  However, just because they are not paying homage to the anthem the way YOU want them to, does not mean they are being disrespectful to anyone other than Donald J Trump. 

But it started under Barack H Obama, so much for that theory.

And - "protest" - what are they protesting??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 49

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Alferd - I think in this case "taking a knee" is more in line with the posture of a suplicant requesting a boon - in this case that THEIR government stop shooting unarmed, peaceful black people. The rest of us need to assume an attitude of prayer and respectfully request that the Diety remove the carbuncle from the buttcheek of America in all due haste.

Certainly something to strive for. But were they sincere, they would be asking THEIR government to do something about the slaughter of black people by other blacks in major cities. Since they don't, there must be something else concerning them. Possibly related to Kaepernick's Castro t-shirt.

By your crude "buttcheek" comment I assume you are referring to President Trump. If so, have the instances of THEIR government shooting innocent black people increased in the last nine months. If not, once again, there must be another agenda in play here.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 49

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Bless your heart

Not sure if you are talking about my post but I love that picture. So true, So true.  Is that Fake Outrage I smell?

Naw, he just posts to whomever may be listening in hopes SOMEONE will respond.  Rather shallow IMO.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 49

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Bless your heart

21765203_10155755227624458_3124005218492710575_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 49

Bless your heart

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 49

21765203_10155755227624458_3124005218492710575_n.jpg

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors