Re: Let’s Get a Few Things Straight

Message 1 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK was wrong again when he said, "But it started under Barack H Obama, so much for that theory."

NO! Only a small handful of players were protesting until Friday. After Trump insulted those who were peacefully protesting, the entire league, including many owners, are now protesting because of Donald Trump.

rk was right. "It" began during the Obama Administration, only the size has changed - unless they now have a new "cause". I really can't say because no one seems to know what the "cause" is. 

One poster opined "racism".  If that is so, what has changed in the last nine months? There is a theory that it is about BLM - if so, have more black lives been lost to the police in the past nine months?

If it is really about BLM - what do the "knee takers" want the President to do about the many, many blacks killed each week in our big cities?

With all the posts and topics on this, the "cause" has really not been defined. And I keep asking - what will it take (specifically) to get the kneelers once again standing tall as proud Americans during the National Anthem?

Its simple what they want. and you arent willing to give it, or agree with it, and its the right thing to do.And they are proud to be americans.

What is it I am not willing to give? I have suggested equality and was called a racist for that.

Please don't lie, "rk".  We have new posters here and we don't need them to acquire any more Conservative habits on this forum.  Thanks for your consideration.

"Lie" while insulting and trolling totally off line.

Any thoughts on the topic or would you like to share why think my statement was a "lie".

B.  You statement you were called a racist for "suggesting equality" is a lie.  Now, please try to prove it's not with an actual post and not just your saying so.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 49

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

RK was wrong again when he said, "But it started under Barack H Obama, so much for that theory."

NO! Only a small handful of players were protesting until Friday. After Trump insulted those who were peacefully protesting, the entire league, including many owners, are now protesting because of Donald Trump.

rk was right. "It" began during the Obama Administration, only the size has changed - unless they now have a new "cause". I really can't say because no one seems to know what the "cause" is. 

One poster opined "racism".  If that is so, what has changed in the last nine months? There is a theory that it is about BLM - if so, have more black lives been lost to the police in the past nine months?

If it is really about BLM - what do the "knee takers" want the President to do about the many, many blacks killed each week in our big cities?

With all the posts and topics on this, the "cause" has really not been defined. And I keep asking - what will it take (specifically) to get the kneelers once again standing tall as proud Americans during the National Anthem?

Its simple what they want. and you arent willing to give it, or agree with it, and its the right thing to do.And they are proud to be americans.

What is it I am not willing to give? I have suggested equality and was called a racist for that.

Please don't lie, "rk".  We have new posters here and we don't need them to acquire any more Conservative habits on this forum.  Thanks for your consideration.

"Lie" while insulting and trolling totally off line.

Any thoughts on the topic or would you like to share why think my statement was a "lie".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 49

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 49

@jimc91 wrote:

Ingraham: Hey, ‘Kneelers,’ Let’s Get a Few Things Straight If anyone has a right to be upset about what's happened to the country, it's social conservatives

In light of the decision by over 100 NFL players to protest our nation’s anthem over the weekend, in a misdirected effort to oppose President Donald Trump, here are some things that should be set straight:

1.) Standing for the national anthem does NOT mean that you support the president.

2.) It does NOT mean that you agree with the U.S. government.

3.) It does NOT mean that you endorse everything that happened in American history.

4.) It does NOT even mean that you believe the United States is fundamentally just.

If it meant any of these things, then no social conservative could stand for the anthem, given that the Supreme Court has held that our Constitution protects abortions.

The reason we stand for the anthem — no matter how disappointed we are in the trajectory of our nation — is to show that we love our country and wish it well. That’s all.

Americans have long believed that whatever our differences — indeed because of our differences — it is important to have a ritual where we all express our shared patriotism. That ritual is the respect we show for the national anthem.

When people protest the anthem, they are not sending a patriotic message. Instead, they are telling the rest of us that they don’t like this country, and they wish it ill.

Now they may claim otherwise. And they may think otherwise. But it takes two to communicate, and you don't get to change the meaning of a shared ritual on your own.

It's a shame that so many young Americans — and so many NFL owners — don't understand the basic meaning of a longstanding ritual that has been around for decades. We should probably be having a conversation about how to teach civics in this country.

But in the meantime, someone needs to tell these young men that kneeling for the anthem is seen by most of us as an extremely offensive attack on the country. It's a shame the president is apparently the only person in authority who is willing to do so.

By Laura Ingraham

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/ingraham-hey-kneelers-lets-get-things-straight/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree Laura, We should probably be having a conversation about how to teach civics in this country....

Lets get this straight too..she has no clue and neither do you.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 49

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Kap started by sitting, but discussed it with a vet, and was told kneeling would be more respectful, more like a display the flag should be at half mast due to the inequality crisis.

rk said - Did he define the "inequality crisis"?

Yes. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 49

@MIseker wrote:
Yes. I probably read 5 news articles this morning about what players said at the beginning of the protest. Of course, that was ignored. Kap started by sitting, but discussed itwith a vet, and was told kneeling would be more respectful, more like a display the flag should be at half mast due to the inequality crises.

Did he define the "inequality crisis"? Do you have any idea how the supposed crises has grown in the past nine months?

I know - to some the answer will be "if you don't know, I can't tell you" and then blame it on my refusal to accept White Privilege as the basis for my lack of White Guilt.

Hopefully, you will have more to offer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 49

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 49
Yes. I probably read 5 news articles this morning about what players said at the beginning of the protest. Of course, that was ignored. Kap started by sitting, but discussed itwith a vet, and was told kneeling would be more respectful, more like a display the flag should be at half mast due to the inequality crises.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors