It’s open enrollment season for Affordable Care Act health insurance! Here are 11 things you need to know.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Message 1 of 5

Listening to those who have military and foreign relations experience, no one is supportive of trump's actions with backstabbing the Kurds. Not surprising that the Kurds might look for someone to support them versus being killed!
Did anyone see anything about a meeting between putin, erdogan, and the leader of Iran recently? The new ruling triumvirate?...with putin having moved trump out of the picture.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

Did trump do this for Putin?  Who knows, it could just be coincidence.

This is true:    trump has us so screwed up internationally that it will take a new POTUS and a new Congress a good bit of time to fix things.  WE have to get him out of the White House before he makes things even worse.  BLUE WAVE IN 2020 !!!!

Meanwhile, trump supporters keep their heads in the sand.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

My personal take: Trump got played by Trump. 

Does Putin score? Yes. Putin would like nothing better than to take over negotiations among the Kurds, Syrians, and Turkey. With Kurds either out of the way or forced to submission, Assad gets all of that Kurdish held territory back under his control. Erdogan gets to remove 3.6 million refugees out of Turkey to the Syrian border territory. Putin gains influence over the entire region. Having supported Assad, Iran may also get something out of the deal.

Should such events unfold, might Turkey leave NATO? 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/10/turkey-and-nato-troubled-relationship/599890/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Message 5 of 5

https://theweek.com/speedreads/871455/kurdish-general-either-protect-move-aside-let-russians

Kurdish general to U.S.: Either protect us, or 'move aside so we can let in the Russians'

Gen. Mazloum Kobani Abdi, the commander of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, did not mince words when meeting with William Roebuck, the Deputy Special Envoy to the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS on Thursday, CNN reports.

"You have given up on us," Mazloum said, referring to President Trump's decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria, giving Turkey an opening to invade, which they have. "You are leaving are leaving us to be slaughtered."

An internal U.S. government readout obtained by CNN also revealed that Mazloum told Roebuck he has considered gaining the support of another foreign power in place of the U.S. "I've been holding myself for two days from going to the press and saying that America abandoned us and that I would like you to get out of our areas now so that I can invite Russia and regime planes to take over this airspace," Mazloum said. "Either you stop this bombing on our people now or move aside so we can let in the Russians."

Comment :

Did Trump get played by Putin again?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements