From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Lawsuit has put climate change on trial

Message 1 of 8

@williamb39198 wrote:

Certainly from our trips to the Moon and the first photos of Earth from space helped give us pause to consider how fragile and beautiful that our planet is!

”Earth Rise” will always be etched in my memory. May all others keep the beauty and fragility in mind also. 

Sometimes, I think that we have an attitude that if we screw this planet up, we will just move and drive to a new planet to reside...small problem though, we don’t know where this planet is, and can you pack enough provisions for a million year drive?

Perhaps we really might consider taking care of this planet. 

Thanks Mr. Sagan, for perspective 

Great points Mr. William B (Sagan)!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Certainly from our trips to the Moon and the first photos of Earth from space helped give us pause to consider how fragile and beautiful that our planet is!

”Earth Rise” will always be etched in my memory. May all others keep the beauty and fragility in mind also. 

Sometimes, I think that we have an attitude that if we screw this planet up, we will just move and drive to a new planet to reside...small problem though, we don’t know where this planet is, and can you pack enough provisions for a million year drive?

Perhaps we really might consider taking care of this planet. 

Thanks Mr. Sagan, for perspective 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@MsStretch wrote:

I have been following the extraordinary journey of this lawsuit.  It is indeed amazing and I cheer these young people.

I remember having dialog about the environment and air pollution back in the late 60s/early 70s, and being called a tree-hugging hippie.  I am still a 'tree-hugging hippie'.  Of course, at the time, there were more immediate concerns like Vietnam and the Cold War and everybody thinking the world would end in a nuclear holocaust.  Consequences to the planet were still forecast far enough in the future; we could still change it and indeed, we saw cleaner air and cleaner waters.  I remember when the Chesapeake Bay was a muddy slop of crud and trash.  You couldn't stick your foot in it without it coming back covered in yuck.  BUT we still have not done enough.  You can see blue skies and clear waters again, but we have ignored what we can't see and now it is the eleventh hour.  We are seeing the consequences now.  What we couldn't... didn't do is WHY this lawsuit was filed by those whose future has been compromised and I applaud them for daring to go where we didn't.

Thank you for your reflections of the past.  I recall the very first Earth Day....69 or 70 but had no idea the govt was aware of climate change in 65 until 60 minutes this past Sunday. Proving once again you are never too old to learn something new....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

I have been following the extraordinary journey of this lawsuit.  It is indeed amazing and I cheer these young people.

I remember having dialog about the environment and air pollution back in the late 60s/early 70s, and being called a tree-hugging hippie.  I am still a 'tree-hugging hippie'.  Of course, at the time, there were more immediate concerns like Vietnam and the Cold War and everybody thinking the world would end in a nuclear holocaust.  Consequences to the planet were still forecast far enough in the future; we could still change it and indeed, we saw cleaner air and cleaner waters.  I remember when the Chesapeake Bay was a muddy slop of crud and trash.  You couldn't stick your foot in it without it coming back covered in yuck.  BUT we still have not done enough.  You can see blue skies and clear waters again, but we have ignored what we can't see and now it is the eleventh hour.  We are seeing the consequences now.  What we couldn't... didn't do is WHY this lawsuit was filed by those whose future has been compromised and I applaud them for daring to go where we didn't.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8
well and do not forget Exxon, whom if memory serves also knew of and started talking about climate change I think it was in the late 80's??? then of course buried/covered up the story as time went by, which brings us to where we are today with climate change.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

It's interesting to note that the US Government has known, and admitted SINCE 1965, that climate change has existed and yet has continued to feed, and subsidized the oil industry!

"Feed the pigs...."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8
Good!!! Will be following this to see where it goes.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Lawsuit has put climate change on trial

Message 8 of 8

Lawsuit has put climate change on trial....

and has forced the government to admit climate change is real.

Now put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.....

Juliana vs. United States

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors