Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Laura Bush’s Op Ed on detained children at the border

Message 1 of 34

I'm not on the right or left, but I do know the law. You do know the percentage of illegals lying about needing asylum is way higher than the ones that really need it, right?? You do know this has been happening for YEARS, right?? How 'outraged" were you when Obama did it?? Have you seen the pictures of kids detained from the Obama years??

You do know these illegals know what will happen to their kids and choose to do it anyway. If they don't care about it, why in the world would you??

Are you really that obtuse?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 34

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 34
How do you know what people do or do not know?? Why would you doubt if someone is a parent? Pretty full of yourself. I AM a parent and I DO know about detention and criminal justice. Most of these kids are being sent here alone and with people that aren't their parents. These kids get food, medical, education, clothes etc, when they get detained. American citizens get separated from their kids EVERY DAY when they get arrested, are you whining about those kids??
IT'S OUR LAWS THAT THE CONGRESS PASSED
OBAMA DID IT BUSH DID IT
WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Obviously not a REAL American....

And what is your definition of a REAL American?   Is it someone who completely agrees with you?  When did you become able to say who is a REAL American?  And what in your post accusing others of sundry things pertain to this topic?  Isn't that hypocritical with your post about about motives in disagreeing with others?  What is your motive?

Why should anyone continue to keep engaging with someone who wants to denigrate others?  With that, bye!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

As I mentioned before, there are successfulncomunity supervision programs out there that Sessions could adopt, ensuring public safety and appearance for court. It apparently doesn’t play to his base though. What does appeal to the base is punishing kids for the acts of their parents.

Why don't you just go to his office and tell him that you are more aware then he is?  I'm sure he'll be happy to listen.  They could apply it to our citizens who commit crimes....confine their children with them and expose them to all sorts of devious elements.

These illegal immigrants are being detained because they wanted to take a shortcut and by-pass legal procedures and sneak into the country.  Much like someone committing a robbery because they didn't want to work for money.

These families and kids will be released and deported as soon as they face criminal proceedings.  If they had entered the legal way, they would have been released almost immediately.  So who's fault is it?

Hillary's propaganda corps apparently has been busy pushing this to destroy support for our government; probably with the support of the Russian government in destroying our country.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

How in the world do you derive at that conclusion?  That has NOTHING to do with what afisher posted!!!

Who knows if there are others like him?  You better lock your doors and bar the windows, Tex.  FEAR-  THE Right wings greatest tool.....

It has a bearing on the work of the Border Patrol and ICE.

I have no concern as the Border Patrol is detaining these at the border until they have been vetted.  Besides I've been exposed to worse.  Have you? 

And to throw back your accusation...'who are you to question each and everyone who disagrees with your view'?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That's because you don't know anything about detention or criminal justice.  There are better, more humane ways to provide community supervision to people who are accused of breaking the law.   These methods both ensure public safety and appearance in court.  And if they were out in the community, they could stay with their kids until their immigration hearing.   

And I also doubt you are a parent, or perhaps not a particularly involved parent, to think that's all that's needed to keep a child cared for.    

Who are you to question as to who is a parent or not?  Even those of us who are parents would be of the opinion that children shouldn't be placed in a dangerous situation like crossing our southern borders subjecting them to the dangers of traveling the hot deserts; or of knowing that they would be subject to detention by the Border Patrol..

But since you don't condone the idea of children being separated from their parent[s], what about when that parent is convicted of a criminal offense and sent off to prison.  So the child should also be stay with the parent in that case?  Along with criminals? 

As far as these illegals being released out in society.  How many of those disappear without meeting the conditions of their 'parole'? 

Is all these 'sob stories' because of concern for the children, or is it more about politics and dislike of the President?  I would believe it has to be more about politics where there is more of an interest in using public relations to further the cause of the Democratic Party to regain control of the Congres in the November elections.

Of course all this is mainly about politics and only very partially about the kids.

I question the parenting because from what I’ve seen, conservative mothers are just as horrified by this as liberals. They’ve spent the time drying tears, making sure they were there to pick up sick kids from school, nursing the sick babies through the night, etc. Unlike absentee parents like Trump who brags he’s never changed a diaper.  Five kids and has never changed a diaper.

You cannot compare convicted Americans to charged immigrants. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Or is that an American value the right has also thrown out the window? 

As I mentioned before, there are successfulncomunity supervision programs out there that Sessions could adopt, ensuring public safety and appearance for court. It apparently doesn’t play to his base though. What does appeal to the base is punishing kids for the acts of their parents.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

The Right Wing has imposed and apparently now support the idea that walking into the US and asking for asylum is now a CRIME.      Are they that stupid, really?       

And the leftists are effectively advocating open borders where anyone wanting to come here can....and without any restrictions.

How in the world do you derive at that conclusion?  That has NOTHING to do with what afisher posted!!!

Who knows if there are others like him?  You better lock your doors and bar the windows, Tex.  FEAR-  THE Right wings greatest tool.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 34

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Who are YOU to question the motive of each and every person who disagree's with your view?

The same can be said about you.  And what have you been doing here?  After all this is a discussion forum.  LOL!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 34

@afisher wrote:

The Right Wing has imposed and apparently now support the idea that walking into the US and asking for asylum is now a CRIME.      Are they that stupid, really?       

And the leftists are effectively advocating open borders where anyone wanting to come here can....and without any restrictions. Remember the 'Railroad Killer' who entered the southern border and went on a raping and killing spree, went back over the border, came back again and went on another spree through the south up to Kentucky, and back home?

Who knows if there are others like him?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors