Honored Social Butterfly

Latest Wall Steet Journal poll results. Not looking good for Pandemic Don!!!

Pandemic Don has a 56% disapproval rating and a whopping 72% think the country is on the WRONG TRACK.....

Biden opens up a double digit lead including all battleground states. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Cult members cannot accept anything negative about their Supreme Leader. Nor can they possibly accept the fact that if the election were held today, it would be a Joe Biden blowout.

Honored Social Butterfly

Although I agree with Lou's comments, I think overconfidence is dangerous. There's still a long way to go before November arrives.,

Honored Social Butterfly

absolutely! Cannot be overconfident at all, must work work work to get out the vote, which is what Trumpland does NOT want to happen. They want you to risk your health to show up at the poll instead of doing the safe thing and offering voting by mail.
Honored Social Butterfly

This WILL happenThis WILL happenbecause of thisbecause of this

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Trump will forever be known as Covid Donnie. There is no coming back from this. Republicans can't distance themselves from Trump in time to avoid going down with him. Will we have President Pence before November is the question now.

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Honored Social Butterfly

As of yesterday, a poll by Monmouth had Trump losing Pennsylvania by 13 points.  That is a battleground state.   Also, a Quinnipiac poll yesterday shows Biden up 15 overall. 

An interesting result of the 2016 polling debacle is that, even though the polling issues were addressed, no Democrat or Anti Trump Republican is willing to believe any polls.  That is why Biden is now raising more money than Trump.  Team Trump obviously believes the polls as they are spending huge amounts of money in states Trump won in 2016. They are scared. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Not scared... concerned.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Not scared... concerned.

And the forces of reason who are aligned against Trump are not confident, we are simply using the polls to judge the effectiveness of our efforts.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hillary did have a 15pt lead over tRump immediately after she got the nomination which shrank to 3% by November 2016, and she did go on to win the popular vote by over 3 million, or 5%, so the fact those "bumps" occur after EVERY major event in a campaign, the polls weren't that bad, considering at the time  nobody was adjusting for Putin.

Putin will still be a factor to keep his poodle in place, more so since the Justice Department and SCOTUS joined the tRump campaign.

But the salient fact remains that GOPerLords had spent a dozen years constantly trashing Hillary to their base because they knew without such artificial hate working against her, she was a shoe-in.

They somehow missed there chance to to that to Joe, and the pitiful (but still bile-filled) recent attempts have gotten nowhere with the electorate.

Democrats need to keep pouring it on to insure we have the votes to undo tRump's devastation of Democracy, but until Toad's numbers begin to "tick up", I'd say the polls are going to prove highly accurate and the Regressives will remember 1964 as one of their better performances when viewed against 2020.

Honored Social Butterfly

RW will argue about polling numbers that has them in the losing position - that is always what those who are behind do.    Now can we stop whining?  We get it.

What I find much more interesting is that Donald et al are using an outdated technique - one not for the current time.    Donald believes that he and only he can win the Nov. election.   Occasionally he will send out Pence to somewhere to say something.   This is so old school.

Meanwhile the Dems are using ZOOM for meetings.   The number of Zoom meetings with surrogates that are trusted by Biden are not necessarily getting on planes - they connect electronically to many like minded folks who can stay are home or in small gatherings ( with masks) and have conversations and hear from many.    That is NEW school!    

Donald has done nothing about the pandemic and chooses to ignore it.   Dems have used technology to reach people, especially those who are technologically able to figure out how to join a Zoom meeting and not put their health at risk.       

Just sayin'.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

The Poll numbers are great but it's still early and overconfidence would be a huge mistake. 

In Trump World, they're all white and they live and interact only with people who think like them. They watch Fox 7 days a week, so they are bombarded with propaganda. In sum, they live in an alternate reality bubble where the truth is completely irrelevant. 

Since everybody around them, thinks and acts identically, they believe that's how America feels. They don't realize that the majority of decent Americans cannot stand Comrade Trump. The Blue Wave in 2018 was no accident.

Honored Social Butterfly

CT = cult thinking

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

well and Fish I would say your a cult follower.....just sayin.
Honored Social Butterfly

So now Toad Worshipers consider reality a cult. Explains VOLUMES.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 

No it’s not looking good for trump. But, also look at the dynamics. Biden is rising  and trump is falling...but take nothing for granted, review and study polls, but do not presume that they the final word. 
What we are seeing from trump supporters is a movement: from a “Stockholm syndrome” into “Baghdad Bob” oratory! According to trump supporters, everything is fine, trump is working hard for us, and the virus is on a  downward trend...hardly the case. 
Stay tuned, more rah, rah for trump is coming!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 said: well and Fish I would say your a cult follower.....just sayin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you say that?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

why wouldn't I?
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 

Do you know what "Godwins Law" is? and now we have a new law... lets call it Tom's  law.   Is this the insult du jour?

(corrected from John to Tom)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I do. In this case I would replace Hitler with the Trump Cult though.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 

I guess you abhor identity politics... right?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

off topic but what I abhor are ignorance and denial.
Honored Social Butterfly

No reason to mad at yourself.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Polling number=factual information. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva 

Reality is... the polling numbers are actual information (truth)... NOT factual information (fact), since we do not have the wording of the poll. 

Case and point...

Exhibit A) Hillary was leading in the polls by 17% = actual information (truth)

Exhibit B) Hillary lost the election = factual information (fact) 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Correct, Hillary was leading before Russia interfered. She did lose the electoral college vote, but she won the popular vote.

Silver Conversationalist

Why did it take so long to fire Parscale? Now that he's gone the corona virus will disappear, the wall will be built, DACA students will be deported, and Jared will do something useful.

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Honored Social Butterfly

Like in sports... you fire the coach, not the team.

Does anyone actually believe, if the election was today, Biden would win by 15%?

Anyone that naive? 

I do believe Biden is ahead in the polls, like Hillary was. History has a way of repeating itself. All predictions will be proven or not on election day.

4 more years

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Like in sports... you fire the coach, not the team.

Does anyone actually believe, if the election was today, Biden would win by 15%?

Good point ..... Biden would win by far more than that!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

While it's possible Putin will find a way to slither his poodle back into the White House a second time, it is HIGHLY unlikely. Biden leads by 11% in Michigan and Wisconsin, 10% in Pennsylvania, 9% in North Carolina and 7% in Florida.  I predict Joe's lead in Florida will continue to increase as more and more Boomers" who went for Toad in 2016, watch their friends take a dirt nap courtesy tRumpt's total incompetence and stupidity.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png