Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Latest WSJ/NBC News poll: majority of Americans see Dems. views on major topics as mainstream...

Message 1 of 7
no, more like the Russian trolls/bots would have any effect on trying to improve Trumps numbers, lol.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Latest WSJ/NBC News poll: majority of Americans see Dems. views on major topics as mainstream...

Message 2 of 7

Ahh, here we go....silly season with all the poles.  Imo, not that any one would ever understand, but how many times have polls discouraged people from "going to the polling place"?  WE must learn that sometimes these polls are just not reliable and we should listen to what Congress members are saying, because they are suppose to be the voice of their district, no? Didn't all polls show the night of election 2016 that the Democrat candidate had it all wrapped up???  Didn't we wake the next day to find different?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Supporting my point, please see the thread "AGAIN TRUMP IS US"

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/AGAIN-TRUMP-IS-US/m-p/2121216#M896235

@FredSmif wrote:

Interesting, but I don't see that "mainstream" is carried by a percentage just above one-half (50%), nor even up to two-thirds (66%). We see this all the time that a president's approval rating flips from 66% to 33% back to 66% all the time.

A long time back, some president claimed a "mandate" when he received slightly over 50% of the popular vote. To me, that didn't sound like a mandate...at least, what I think of as a mandate...indicating a groundswell of support, a tsunami of support, etc.

No, I think it has to be accepted that there are a lot of people in the US who are not so progressive on these major topics. Some due to their fundamental conservative beliefs, and others due to lack of understanding and buying into the wrong "ball team" (*).

(* that's what so much of politics reminds me of, a jingoistic hometown rah-rah-rah against the opposing team. "Booyah!" then thump chests)

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Tom wrote-Republicans, not so much. Majority of Americans saw the Dems. views on health care, climate change and sbortions as main stream.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It doesn`t jive with Trump`s recent approval rating.Poll showing his rising rating(also NBC poll) . Do you think the radical left might be having an effect on this poll?-Trump job approval rating up 3 points since January: poll | TheHill

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Interesting, but I don't see that "mainstream" is carried by a percentage just above one-half (50%), nor even up to two-thirds (66%). We see this all the time that a president's approval rating flips from 66% to 33% back to 66% all the time.

A long time back, some president claimed a "mandate" when he received slightly over 50% of the popular vote. To me, that didn't sound like a mandate...at least, what I think of as a mandate...indicating a groundswell of support, a tsunami of support, etc.

No, I think it has to be accepted that there are a lot of people in the US who are not so progressive on these major topics. Some due to their fundamental conservative beliefs, and others due to lack of understanding and buying into the wrong "ball team" (*).

(* that's what so much of politics reminds me of, a jingoistic hometown rah-rah-rah against the opposing team. "Booyah!" then thump chests)

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Interesting poll. Only done by cell phone. But it reached a good representation by age, and the race/ethnicity is fairly good. So it seems pretty representative. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Latest WSJ/NBC News poll: majority of Americans see Dems. views on major topics as mainstream...

Message 7 of 7

Republicans, not so much. Majority of Americans saw the Dems. views on health care, climate change and abortions as main stream. 56% say the Democrats view on climate change is mainstream. A stunning 63% said the Republicans view on climate change is out of mainstream.

On healthcare 56% saw the Dems. position on healthcare as mainstream.

Majority of GOP views on major issues are out of mainstream.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors