Honored Social Butterfly

Larry Hogan strikes again -- 500,000 COVID tests from Korea

OMG I could not believe what I was hearing this afternoon.  He and his wife Yumi were able to procure half a million COVID tests from South Korea. 

He did what Trump either cannot do, or refuses to do. 

“The administration made it clear over and over again they want the states to take the lead, and we have to go out and do it ourselves,” said Hogan (R), who as chair of the National Governors Association has frequently contradicted the president’s assertions about how states are responding to the outbreak. “So that’s exactly what we did.”

Yumi is an immigrant, and bilingual, and handled much of the discussions and negotiations. 

This is why globalism is important. 

It's why immigrants are important. 

It's why being bilingual is important.  

It's why being a decent human being is important.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/maryland-coronavirus-testing-kits-south-korea/2020/04/20/d5d449... 

Honored Social Butterfly

RW will be disappointed that a country with people who are indeed concerned for more than just their bottom line can and do create something that does both:   create a test ( that is currently be used in 40 countries) and is also making the company wealthy.   https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2020/04/05/how-one-firms-covid-19-tests-help-control-the-vir...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

He did what Trump either cannot do, or refuses to do.

Now watch Trump try to take credit for what Hogan and his wife Yumi did.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

This is why globalism is important. 

It's why immigrants are important. 

It's why being bilingual is important.  

It's why being a decent human being is important.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/maryland-coronavirus-testing-kits-south-korea/2020/04/20/d5d449... 

Right you are, Manic!

Meanwhile, some of trumps foolish minions are pushing this Fake News.....

"Did I spell virus, correctly this time?""Did I spell virus, correctly this time?"

And there's always this moron, a Fox darling and elected Congressman in Florida.....
200304183027-01-gaetz-coronavirus-gas-mask-large-169.jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Esteemed Social Butterfly

I heard about this earlier.

Of course, IMPOTUS and Pence said it was an ignorant move because MD already has plenty of testing facilities.  IMPOTUS claimed Hogan "could’ve saved a lot of money ... He needed to get a little knowledge, that would’ve been helpful.”

But Hogan, speaking to CNN on Monday evening, said that he was well aware of the testing facilities in his state.

“We already know where the lab facilities are,” Hogan said. He added: “More than half [of those listed by the federal government] in Maryland were federal facilities that we have desperately been trying to get help from, or military facilities.”

The governor later tweeted: “I’m grateful to President Trump for sending us a list of federal labs and generously offering Maryland use of them for #COVID19 testing. Accessing these federal labs will be critical for utilizing the 500,000 tests we have acquired from South Korea.”

Source: The Guardian

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png