Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Land of Fakes

Message 52 of 75

@Epster wrote:

All she needs to do is take a DNA test to prove her claim and this goes away.

If the DNA test can prove my family lore about heritage (turning up Indian blood) so will hers -- if she has it.

Trump claims to have a bone spur.  All he has to do is have unbiased doctor prove he does.  Which would mean more than Liz's claim to Indian ancestry.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 75

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There could still be the possibility of her Indian ancestry.  My grandmother never talked about her Cherokee background until I recalled a chance remark she made about filling out papers regarding this that led me to finding copies in the National Archives.  That filled in 200 years of history.

A cousin spent hundreds of dollars on a professional genealogist but came up with nothing.  Ms Warren's claim might still be true.

Even a DNA test may not prove or disprove Native American ancestry. The tests are just not specificate enough at this time.

You, for example, could get a DNA test that shows no Native American ancestry.

Hold up, now: mine, through 23and me proved my family's lore about our Indian heritage. To get the correct tribe I had to do research, but the DNA test showed the heritage. A wee bit of sleuth work turned up the tribe.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 75

@Roxanna35 wrote:

The biggest question here is Who cares whether she is an indian or not. If she want to be an Indian, great. I have always wanted to be  a Butterfly. But will not take a DNA  to prove it.  LOL

Wrong. It is a serious matter to claim to be an American Indian, and to accept benefits based on that. She needs to prove it. Period.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 75

@Panjandrum wrote:

Epster:   All she needs to do is take a DNA test to prove her claim and this goes away.

Deja vu. Why change the script when it worked the first time around? Smiley Happy

All she he needs to do is take a DNA test show his birth certificate to prove her his claim and this goes away.

The two are unrelated. I never was a birther, and am not now. (A truly regrettable episode, that.) That being said, really, all Obama had to do was produce the darned certificate to shut them all up.

Meanwhile, back to the subject of this thread....

I grew up on an Indian reservation with the family lore that we were part Indian. No one ever bothered to prove it, so I never claimed it. I am, after all, a fair skinned redhead with long eyelashes and not one feature to suggest Indian heritage. And my Dad was a known liar. So. I considered my denial to be a.) accurate and b.) respectful of those with Indian heritage. These refusals to claim Indian heritage did not, however, keep me from being awarded the Indian Teachers Education Program's college scholarship (which, I accepted on graduation day only to quietly return after the fact, so as not to cause embarrassment or a scene).

Three decades later my DNA test proved Dad to have told a semi-truth. Wrong tribe, but lo and behold, there is Indian heritage in my family tree.

Senator Warren, in my humble opinion, owes it the to the Indian people to prove or disprove her heritage. It is a matter of respect.

And, as goes the Paul Simon lyric, truth is the bottom line for everyone.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 75

@alferdpacker wrote:

Scurrilous childish grade school level personal attack noted...

And here I thought the left too caught up in their tomfoolery to be made aware of how they appear to others. Noted.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There could still be the possibility of her Indian ancestry.  My grandmother never talked about her Cherokee background until I recalled a chance remark she made about filling out papers regarding this that led me to finding copies in the National Archives.  That filled in 200 years of history.

A cousin spent hundreds of dollars on a professional genealogist but came up with nothing.  Ms Warren's claim might still be true.

Even a DNA test may not prove or disprove Native American ancestry. The tests are just not specificate enough at this time.

You, for example, could get a DNA test that shows no Native American ancestry.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 75

The issue here is not whether she happens to be an native American or not. is that the Trump followers have made the decision that racial slurs are the way to go when they need to insult, name calling and denigrate someone that they don't like. Like I have said  Trump is the reflection of this society.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 75

Snoopy48:  Then, I guess, you will be happy to know that she didn’t lie about her ethnicity in order to get an unfair advantage for a job.

Good luck trying to make factual information stick to teflon.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 75

rk9152:   If, in fact, she lied about her ethnicity in order to get an unfair advantage for a job -

Not that facts mean anything to you......................

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/11/whats-the-actual-story-with-elizabeth-warrens-nati.ht...

how is pointing it out a "racial slur"?

Try calling a Native American woman Pocohantas only if you can duck fast enough. Please...............you really don't know this?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors