Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Land of Fakes

Message 31 of 75

@Epster wrote:

Senator Warren, in my humble opinion, owes it the to the Indian people to prove or disprove her heritage. It is a matter of respect.

I have Indian heritage in my ancestry and the DNA 'spit' test. I don't "owe it" to anyone on this earth to prove or disprove it.

Should trump have a DNA test to see if he has Russian heritage?

Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 75

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Amazing, this thread is amazing

What is more ethical. or less.
Trump calling a senator  Pohahontas which is a racial slur or Warren saying ot not saying that she has Navitve indian blood?
If you think that those issues are alike, then I have to again remind you that Trump is us.

Trump does not realize other people, like Senator Warren, can play a deeper game than take a hit, give a hit.  While Trump is demanding Dr. Warren prove her ancestry, I can see her demanding Trump prove he is white.  I am sure there are PR people preparing all kinds of responses to make Trump look like a moron.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 75

Amazing, this thread is amazing

What is more ethical. or less.
Trump calling a senator  Pohahontas which is a racial slur or Warren saying ot not saying that she has Navitve indian blood?
If you think that those issues are alike, then I have to again remind you that Trump is us.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Did I mention DNA testing?  Why should I when I have documentation from the National Archives of that ancestry?  If a person suspect they have Cherokee ancestry and they are aware of their ancestor's name back to 1900, there is the Guion Miller Rolls for those not certified, then there is the Dawes rolls from 1898.

I suspect she has  already had this done and is just waiting for the 2020 to drop it on Trump like Obama did his birth certificate.

If she goes head to head with Trump, she will come out ahead. She never applied for any scholorships, funding, or special consideration based on her heritage.

I know I have answered similar questions about having roots in Europe (another immigrant family)  yet I have not had any records to support that.  Same thing with being white. It is what I always say but how do I know?  it is just another fun name Trump uses when he can't compete on any other level. 

“Look, I learned about my family the way that most people learn about their families,” Warren said. “My brothers and I learned from our mother and our daddy and our grandparents who we are. And that’s it. That’s how we learned it. That’s what we know.”

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 75

@Richva 

Yup. Show me your papers i what people are asking. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 75

@Epster wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

The biggest question here is Who cares whether she is an indian or not. If she want to be an Indian, great. I have always wanted to be  a Butterfly. But will not take a DNA  to prove it.  LOL

Wrong. It is a serious matter to claim to be an American Indian, and to accept benefits based on that. She needs to prove it. Period.

She never got benefits for it, and it was her families oral history.

Basically what the right i asking for in Obama AND Warren is a "purity" test.

I have an extensive family lore, one part of it back to the 1200's in sweeden (documented). as in decendant of vikings. I had an uncle, swedish, that looked as eastern  mediteranian as someone from greece or albania. Viking conquests you know.  But, MY DNA shows me so lilly white, so British isles, I think it would be a great idea for everyone demanding purity tests, has to test whiter than me to post here. 

I forgot uncle "Whitey", his lifelong nickname due to being born white haired...yet..when the family came from Ohio around 1809 they became very diverse, A great Uncle married an indian princess in a lumber town and thus begat the up north branch. Another relative married an eskimo when he wa in the army in alaska..and his kids ( 30's now) how up to funerals in their native regalia.

And SO WHAT? sheesh. If you want warren to pas a purity test you have to be whiter than I am.

I think your racism is showing.

I don't care if Sen Warren is 80% Indian. I don't care if she's 1% Indian. I do care that she has for years claimed Indian heritage while serving in the public eye. This, for me, takes her claim out of the realm of your neighbor having a few beers before claiming to be descended from an Indian Princess --which is bad enough, and stupidly insensitive to boot*-- to full fledged deception. She should know that transparency wins the day, so why refuse to get the test. What is she afraid of?

And why are you, who likes to post about Trump's deceptions and lies, defending a representative that refuses to be honest and transparent? Is it because she sits on your preferred side of the aisle or is it because you have lost the ability to reason and think for yourself and thus are relegated to posting spoon-fed talking points? Rhetorical questions there. No need to answer.

* Spoiler Alert: there really were no Indian Princesses. So anyone (and there are many) claiming to be descended from an Indian Princess is either devoid of fact or flat out lying. Ask yourself why they find it easy and acceptable to lie about such a thing. I think it is because they do not respect Indians and because they hold a romanticized characterization of Indians in their mind rather than have any amount of knowledge about Indian people and their plight. (The nicest possible way to express what I feel here.) This turning a population into a characterization thing is a form of racism.

I have no idea whose post you read, with the drunken neighor in it lol. You are demanding a purity test plain and simple. She says her family oral history claims some native blood, and you need proof of that. why?

My story is well doumented. Not so long ago it was a very small country. I really dont "care" if you believe me, If i was going to toss crap into the forum id be a right winger. *I* am not the one demanding a purity test for warren...all im saying if you think she need one so do you to ak the claims of YOUR heritage. It doent matter if she is a politician..its a non issue in reality, and you have NOTHING ELSE to use against warren. So, you question her heritage and *I* am the racist. lol. yeah i question yours.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 75

@Epster wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

The biggest question here is Who cares whether she is an indian or not. If she want to be an Indian, great. I have always wanted to be  a Butterfly. But will not take a DNA  to prove it.  LOL

Wrong. It is a serious matter to claim to be an American Indian, and to accept benefits based on that. She needs to prove it. Period.

Since she has not accepted any benefits based on Native American heritage why does she have to prove it?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 75

@Epster wrote:

The two are unrelated. I never was a birther, and am not now. (A truly regrettable episode, that.) That being said, really, all Obama had to do was produce the darned certificate to shut them all up.

Obama provided his official birth certificate provided by the state of Hawaii in June 2008 but the right still spent 8 years claiming he was not born in this country.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 75

@Epster wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

There could still be the possibility of her Indian ancestry.  My grandmother never talked about her Cherokee background until I recalled a chance remark she made about filling out papers regarding this that led me to finding copies in the National Archives.  That filled in 200 years of history.

A cousin spent hundreds of dollars on a professional genealogist but came up with nothing.  Ms Warren's claim might still be true.

Even a DNA test may not prove or disprove Native American ancestry. The tests are just not specificate enough at this time.

You, for example, could get a DNA test that shows no Native American ancestry.

Hold up, now: mine, through 23and me proved my family's lore about our Indian heritage. To get the correct tribe I had to do research, but the DNA test showed the heritage. A wee bit of sleuth work turned up the tribe.

I didn't say that it absolutely would not show that you had Native American ancestors but that even though you had absolute proof that you had Native American ancestry your DNA MIGHT not show that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 75

@Epster wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

That is also one of the reason that we will keep  on getting Trump alike Presidents.  Trump  is us. 

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.