Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Land of Fakes

Message 11 of 75

@Roxanna35 wrote:

No one is disputing anything that you have stated so why the continuous posting about your Native American heritage?

This thread is about Cherokee ancestry.  The topic is about Senator Warren claiming Cherokee connections, so I was just pointing out that there might be some truth in what she was told, as I found out.  I have no doubt that if she pursued it, she could turn up some proof.  In the past those with Indian connections faced extreme prejudice as my ancestors did.  They identified as White on 19th century censuses.

The question is why are you reading my posts if you disagree with them; tired of my posts; or whatever.  Why do you attempt to tell others what to post?  Why do you refer to your Cuban background?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Tx is having Native American blood is really that important in your life?
Why are you putting so much importance in an issue that only concerns you.

Yes.  As someone who has a deep interest in genealogy.  Why shouldn't I have an interest in my ancestors.  You once posted that you were mostly Spanish compared to most from Cuba.  Is that important to you?  And it is of interest to the rest of the family...verifies family lore.

I am sorry Tx, but you misunderstood my post or I didn't explain myself  correctly, I meant to say that those things were important to you but I didn't understand the publicity of any of this, No one is disputing anything that you have stated so why the continuous posting about your Native American heritage?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 75

@mandm84 wrote:

President Trump's 3,000 Lies , they defend and their credibility is heading towards ZERO !!!

You seem obsessed with Trump.  Why aren't you working to get congresscritters elected this fall that are opposed to him?  Maybe Hillary could run for some office?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 75

@john258 wrote:

I hate to tell you but you are in the same position as the Senator is. You were told  by someone, but do not have a number from the Tribe to show your ancestor was a member.

To the contrary, we have documentation of the connection, however because of the extreme prejudice my great grandfather and family chose not to pursue the point.  My g-g-g grandfather was born in 1803 and died in 1896 which insured continuity of information from the Cherokee ancestor from the 1700s.  Also remember, I'm a older than Senator Warren is and I got my information first hand from people who was around in the 1800s.

You don't know the full circumstances about this, but I do through documentation, plus I doubt your experience in genealogical research.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 75

President Trump's 3,000 Lies , they defend and their credibility is heading towards ZERO !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Did the person who was register with the tribe and get a number.

They didn't register with a tribe, but with the Special Commissioner appointed by the court.   But of course their applications were indexed.  That is not part of the discussion.

Was Dr. Warren reasonable in assuming her grandparents did not lie to her?  I think we should always assume this.  Did she apply for any benefits or special treatment because of her ancestry.  Much research has proved she did not.  Is Trump's continued use of the term "Pocahontas" a derogatory and  racist term?  Native Americans in New Mexico seem to feel it is.  I am not sure any other races get a vote. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

They didn't register with a tribe, but with the Special Commissioner appointed by the court.   But of course their applications were indexed.  That is not part of the discussion.

I hate to tell you but you are in the same position as the Senator is. You were told  by someone, but do not have a number from the Tribe to show your ancestor was a member. A lot of people carry Native American blood in small quantity and that is something they should be proud of. I do not know if I do or not. The way you find out for sure without a number is DNA testing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 75

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

When you complete those form asking for race or ethnicity, do you only check the ones for which your dna test has verified?  Do you check Caucasian with only your parent's word for it?

How would I know...if you read my posts you would see I have no need of DNA testing.  I don't need anyone's word since I traced documentation for Caucasian and Cherokee.

Did you register with the Tribe and get a number?

I wasn't around back in 1906.  Were you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 75

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

When you complete those form asking for race or ethnicity, do you only check the ones for which your dna test has verified?  Do you check Caucasian with only your parent's word for it?

How would I know...if you read my posts you would see I have no need of DNA testing.  I don't need anyone's word since I traced documentation for Caucasian and Cherokee.

Did you register with the Tribe and get a number?

I wasn't around back in 1906.  Were you?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors