Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 40

@nctarheel

You came out against AARP's actions as much as you came out in favor of the student actions.

My words: "I stand with AARP. These children need to see kindness in action. They need to see that there are perspectives that are not their own, and that all peoples and perspectives are allowed here in America. They need to see compassion in action. So mega kudos, AARP, for your initiative to bring kindness, perspective and compassion to those in need." are in favor of AARP's actions.

To answer your question: I think it's a good exercise for the students to do what they are doing and they should each get a B+ for their anti-gun rallying activities in their Political Science classes. I do not think elected officials should, however, give these activities heed. 

Do you recall high school? Many things we were certain of we are no longer so certain of. It is a time of changing perspective. This is why it's illegal to have sex at that age. This is why it is illegal to drink at that age. Et cetera. 

And that's alI have to say about that. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 40

@Epsterwrote:

Yes, high schoolers have soooo much insight into what makes a republic. They know business. They know finance. They know everything, because ... Snapchat and video games have taught them so much. Smiley Wink

Yes, listen to the demands of those unable to vote. Smiley Wink

I stand with AARP. These children need to see kindness in action. They need to see that there are perspectives that are not their own, and that all peoples and perspectives are allowed here in America. They need to see compassion in action. So mega kudos, AARP, for your initiative to bring kindness, perspective and compassion to those in need.

Let's invite conversation rather than demands. Let's be adult about this, eh?

@Epster,

From what you wrote above, I am not sure of the intent of your post.

The purpose of this thread is to support the proactive actions being taken by the youth affected by this tragedy.

These students are attempting to create a conversation between those affected by the tragedy directly and those in Government that have the power to effect change.

It sounds like, from your use of extra ooo's in sooo, your use of emojis, and your use of sarcasm in "THEY KNOW BUSINESS" and "THEY KNOW FINANCE" that you are actually making fun of their efforts.

Are you in support of proactive activities of these students or not????????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 40

@ChasKy53  Go look up bullying. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 40

@Epsterwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

Yes, high schoolers have soooo much insight into what makes a republic. They know business. They know finance. They know everything, because ... Snapchat and video games have taught them so much. Smiley Wink

I stand with AARP. These children need to see kindness in action. They need to see that there are perspectives that are not their own, and that all peoples and perspectives are allowed here in America. They need to see compassion in action. So mega kudos, AARP, for your initiative to bring kindness, perspective and compassion to those in need.

Those childeren seem to know more that some right wing posters here know.

Why didn't you answer   "why does any civilian need a 30 - 50 round , short barreled , AR -15 Assault Rifle with a folding stock that can be hidden in a back pack ???

@ChasKy53  I didn't answer that question in small part because I haven't been asked that question. I now assume someone has asked it here, but so what?  I am not responsible for answering every question asked. And frankly, I consider it a waste of time to answer such a question here. Wise people pick their battles. This one is not mine. Stop bullying me.

Asking you a question is not "bullying" you and it is childish of you to suggest such a thing.

Be clear, though: nothing I said in my post was in support of minors being able to buy assault rifles. That was your assumption. You know what they say about assumptions, they make an arse outta u ... .

I said nothing of minors being able to purchase assault rifles, so no it was not my "assumption". Please stop "bullying" me. You just made an erroneous assumption so does your "arse" comment apply to you?

Mature and wise people answer reasonable and legitimate questions such as:

"Why does any civilian need a 30 - 50 round , short barreled , AR -15 Assault Rifle with a folding stock that can be hidden in a back pack ???

Seems you have no reasonable answer.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 40

@ChasKy53wrote:

Why didn't you answer   "why does any civilian need a 30 - 50 round , short barreled , AR -15 Assault Rifle with a folding stock that can be hidden in a back pack ???

@ChasKy53  I didn't answer that question in small part because I haven't been asked that question. I presume someone has asked it here, but so what?  I am not responsible for answering every question asked. And frankly, consider it a waste of time to answer such a question here. Wise people pick their battles. This one is not mine. Stop bullying me.

Be clear, though: nothing I said in my post was in support of minors being able to buy assault rifles. That was your assumption. You know what they say about assumptions, they make an arse outta u ... .

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 40

The real reason the Second Amendment was ratified, and why it says "State" instead of "Country" (the framers knew the difference -- see the 10th Amendment), was to preserve the slave patrol militias in the southern states, which was necessary to get Virginia's vote. Founders Patrick Henry, George Mason and James Madison were totally clear on that... and we all should be too.

Can anyone show me how the Second Amendment can be used as an excuse to kill people now?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 40

@Epsterwrote:

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 40

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 40

I still have not got an answer from any Far Right Poster as to why any civilian needs a 30 - 50 round , short barreled , AR -15 Assault Rifle with a folding stock that can be hidden in a back pack ???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

LISTEN TO THE CHILDREN

Message 40 of 40

While its heart was in the right place, AARP's idea of sending positive thoughts and condolences is not what this group of children want.

Acting so mature, well beyond their chronological years, these children are organizing for action to prevent future tragedies such as this occurring. One group is going to Tallahassee, to lobby for restrictions on assault weapons (long overdue), lobby for a coordinating agency between FBI, state police, and local police (again a good idea), and lobby for placement of true psychologists in high school in addition to guidance counselors (again, in today's society, this may be a necessity).

Others will be going to Washington to lobby and demonstrate for what they see necessary on a national scale to prevent this proliferation of mass murder.

They know semi-automatic weapons, large magazines, easy access, and little coordination are protected under the false narrative that people must protect their homes from either a rogue government or outside forces. They know that the NRA is the source of the false narrative and have chosen to be the voice in opposition to this false narrative.

Was there any reason, aside from the murderer's mental state, that a person, NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BUY ALCOHOL......... SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUY 10 RIFLES, ONE OF THEM AN ASSAULT RIFLE??????

The NRA and its surrogates are already taking action to debunk this children's crusade. Even on CNN this morning, Trump surrogate, Jack Kingston, intimated that the LEFT was helping organize the students. The President himself has tweeted that the fault of the FBI for missing this killer was because they were investigating HIM. Absurd!!!!

These children are doing this on their own.

We need to support their efforts.

There is a gofundme account organized by the school system in which Douglas is located. It will assist families of the victims. It has been confirmed as a legitimate fund raising outlet by CNN. Over 1.6 MILLION has already been raised!!!

There are a multitude of other ways to support these kids.

But sending hollow condolences and saying that "your prayers are with them" has been heard, sadly, too many times before to have any meaning.

I have a feeling that we are witnessing a moment in time that will be important regarding this cancer of mass murder of our children.

These kids are energized.

Support the kids in any way you can!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors