Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 40

The children who became young adults - far too many of whom died supporting republican/conservative lies - were correct - Vietnam was wrong, stupid, and as we learned later -  supported/justified by lies.

Turns out that Iraq was wrong, stupid and supported by lies...

Afghanistan too - nobody has ever won there...

The Stoneman Douglas students - yep - they too are correct.

Of course, this time, we have the proved liar trump to irrefutably verify that he's wrong, and that the students are absolutely correct...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 40

It's been great fun watching you guys and gals trip over yourselves. How many of you actually read my post rather than jump on here and repeat something dumb about being threatened by legal action? 

At no time did I ever threaten anyone on this thread with legal action. What I said was that since I've been involved with legal action stemming from bullying and harassment that happened on this site in the past year, I feel I am now well schooled in what is and what is not bullying and harassment. Really, go read it. That's what I said.

FWIW, though, there is no such thing as anonymity. Not anymore, not in this day and age, not with current technology. Tools, time and expertise can out you and me. If you get nothing else I've said, please do note this fact. It's going to be important in the future. 🙂

One more thing: choosing not to answer a question is not the same thing as not having a good answer. I have an answer, an opinion, a view on semi-automatic weapons. I am choosing not to share it here. 

Hope that's all clear. 🙂 Now I really am done with this thread. See ya. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 40

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

@ChasKy53  Go look up bullying. 

Asking you the question I asked you was not bullying by even the most warped of definitions. Neither is the statement I made just now. You seem to play the bullying card a lot, in many places where it just doesn't fit. Making that statement isn't "bullying" either. You seem to use that term when you are kind of losing the debate. And no, that statement isn't "bullying" either.

Perhaps you need to "look up bullying".

@ChasKy53 OK. Here ya go: 

Adj.1.bullying - noisily domineering; tending to browbeat others

You seem to think that asking and re-asking (or insisting, some would say) that someone answer a question is not, in fact, bullying. I wholeheartedly disagree. 

The very first time I responded to you in this thread I asked a simple question and you accused me of bullying. Asking a question, more especially the first time it is asked, is not bullying. Asking a question is not "insisting". Keep using "bullying" as a lame excuse.

Should I take your repeated accusations as "bullying"?

@ChasKy53 Sorry for the tardy reply, I didn't see this earlier. You apparently overlooked where I stated (prior to your first post) that this particular question was not one I was going to answer, that I was picking my battles and this was not one of them.

Therefore, your request that I answer a question that I'd already stated I was not going to was seen by me as insistence. My lawyer agrees, as it happens. He's working on a harassment lawsuit for me based on things that have happened on these boards in the past year. At this point, yeah, I consider myself well schooled on what is and is not bullying and harassment. 🙂 

The only bullying and harassment going on is you threatening people with a lawyer. Why don't you fight your own battles? Or just ignore posts you don't like? Hiring a lawyer is the equivalent of running home to mommy because someone hurt your feelings.

At the suggestion of the aforementioned attorney, not to mention good sense and habit, I am again unsubbing this convo. Ciao! 

"At the suggestion of the aforementioned attorney." Seriously? What happened, did you swallow some legalese?

Lucky for me you have the good sense and habit to follow the instructions of your attorney and unsubscribe from this thread so you'll never see this post. Otherwise I could be in big, big trouble with the law.

By the way, I look forward to hearing from your attorney.  ROFLMAO

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

@alferdpacker

Legal action...what a killjoy!! Does this mean that we have to be nice to each other?

Besides, maybe what is meant is that trump is going to be seeing a lot of legal action soon. He certainly hasn’t been playing nice!

financials donnie, financials

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

@Epsterwrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

In an earlier post epster was suggesting that the children should be listening to rightwingers - hilarioulsy and comically suggesting that wingers are much more worth listening to - an obvious oxyrepublicanism...

Lies. Period. I said no such thing. Ever. That must be some powerful stuff in your pipe, @alferdpacker, as it obviously has you hallucinating.

Haven't consumed alcohol, used tobacco, mj or any other psychoactive substance for over thirty years now - only tea, coffee, diet Pepsi, and rarely - buttermilk...

Will have to chalk it up to the vast admiration and respect I have had for political right wingers ever since the days of feloniously dishonest Nixon...

Vaya Con Huevos

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

@alferdpackerwrote:

In an earlier post epster was suggesting that the children should be listening to rightwingers - hilarioulsy and comically suggesting that wingers are much more worth listening to - an obvious oxyrepublicanism...

Lies. Period. I said no such thing. Ever. That must be some powerful stuff in your pipe, @alferdpacker, as it obviously has you hallucinating.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40

@ChasKy53wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

@Epsterwrote:

At the suggestion of the aforementioned attorney, not to mention good sense and habit, I am again unsubbing this convo. Ciao! 

Vaya con huevos...

If "Vaya Con Huevos" is to be taken as "go gently" .............. I doubt that leaving after threatening everyone with an attorney and a lawsuit is "going gently". Actually, it seems more like "bullying" to me.  Bwa ha ha ha ha ha !!!

The children obviously disagree - as do the majority of American citizens.

"Vaya Con Huevos" - a parody my Navajo/Ute/Hispanic wife frequently snarkily uses - can be interpreted however one wishes...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

Again what is AARP doing about any of this?  Are they going to protect our anonimity?  will they now allow posters to come here and threaten anyone with legal actions when they don't  agree with their views.
I happen to think that this is important for AARP to answer. We need to know were we all stand.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

@Roxanna35wrote:

Chasky,  is this the new thing that we all have to worry about when we post in this  message board?  Posters coming here to post whatever their beliefs happen to be to be now intimidated by legal actions. and what is AARP doing about any of this?

It just makes me laugh. But ........... it does seem like an attack, a threat to many posters here, and a form of bullying which this poster has a habit of falsely accusing others of.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Vaccines & Coping During the Pandemic

Call: 1-855-274-9507