Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: LET'S TALK CLIMATE

Message 21 of 70

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I agree and assign the Democrats to catch those that dump.  If you use your vehicle, you are dumping, if you heat/cool you are dumping, if you use electricity or gas, you are dumping.  We are all paying tax on these already.  Can the left document where a large additional tax will mitigate the climate?  Of course they can't and that's why it's not likely that anything will change.

If you are serious about the climate, we should deport all those illegal aliens because they are consuming power which wastes energy.  We should all become vegans and kill all the animals. We should have a mandate that all people can have only one child because we humans are causing so much pollution.

Can you see now that your proposal is a waste of time and energy better spent deporting aliens.  When you are ready to PROVE that YOU can fix the climate, please tell me.

My proposal is that we fix the sources of pollution so they stop polluting.  This will let the planet start to fix itself.  Like the fat man who has to stop eating cheesecake every day before his body will begin to shed pounds. Why is it so hard for the Regressivees to understand that the first step is to stop polluting?

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I agree and assign the Democrats to catch those that dump.  If you use your vehicle, you are dumping, if you heat/cool you are dumping, if you use electricity or gas, you are dumping.  We are all paying tax on these already.  Can the left document where a large additional tax will mitigate the climate?  Of course they can't and that's why it's not likely that anything will change.

If you are serious about the climate, we should deport all those illegal aliens because they are consuming power which wastes energy.  We should all become vegans and kill all the animals. We should have a mandate that all people can have only one child because we humans are causing so much pollution.

Can you see now that your proposal is a waste of time and energy better spent deporting aliens.  When you are ready to PROVE that YOU can fix the climate, please tell me.

My proposal is that we fix the sources of pollution so they stop polluting.  This will let the planet start to fix itself.  Like the fat man who has to stop eating cheesecake every day before his body will begin to shed pounds. Why is it so hard for the Regressivees to understand that the first step is to stop polluting?

Your suggestion will go a long way toward your goal.  All the liberals have to do is fast from those nasty fossil fuels and stop eating meat.  After all, liberals represent 50% of all the people and 50% of the pollution. Just think how trim your body will be after fasting for many years on no heat, no cooling, no cars/boats/planes.  I hope your experiment proves that the climate will be partially fixed.  When it is partially fixed, I will join your crusade (not until).

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 70

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Now I see your logic.  Liberals feel that there should be massive government laws, regulations, and taxes on all citizens to regulate people's lives according to Democrats views!

No but I do believe that if you are going to dump your waste in to the community resource like air, water, landfill, etc. you should pay the costs of keeping those resources clean.  Who do YOU think should pay for keeping common resources clean when somone wants to dump their waste?  The taxpayer?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Now I see your logic.  Liberals feel that there should be massive government laws, regulations, and taxes on all citizens to regulate people's lives according to Democrats views!

No but I do believe that if you are going to dump your waste in to the community resource like air, water, landfill, etc. you should pay the costs of keeping those resources clean.  Who do YOU think should pay for keeping common resources clean when somone wants to dump their waste?  The taxpayer?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 70

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

It is so much fun to state the obvious.  The reason you lose weight when you stop eating cheesecake is that  you stop overwhelming the natural processes just like if you stop dumping millions of tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere every year, you give the earth the same chance.  

I KNEW your only rebuttal on high fees would be "Democrats always do that".  I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. 

Democrats motto: if it moves, tax it!  What is NOT obvious is, if you create a carbon tax, it will mitigate the climate!  I knew it, I knew it.

BTW, you can't stop naturally occuring CO2 or methane!

This is what happens when America tries to apply free market solutions to problems. The Regressives HATE the free market. 

BTW, they aren't trying to stop cow farts. They are trying to stop things like coal fired utility plants from dumping millions of tons of C02 into the atmosphere each year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

It is so much fun to state the obvious.  The reason you lose weight when you stop eating cheesecake is that  you stop overwhelming the natural processes just like if you stop dumping millions of tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere every year, you give the earth the same chance.  

I KNEW your only rebuttal on high fees would be "Democrats always do that".  I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. 

Democrats motto: if it moves, tax it!  What is NOT obvious is, if you create a carbon tax, it will mitigate the climate!  I knew it, I knew it.

This is what happens when America tries to apply free market solutions to problems. The Regressives HATE the free market. 

BTW, they aren't trying to stop cow farts. They are trying to stop things like coal fired utility plants from dumping millions of tons of C02 into the atmosphere each year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 70

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 70

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 70

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Will an outrageously high carbon tax make the water drain quicker?  We need proof that high carbon taxes will mitigate the climate not just liberal talking points.  How long will it take for the new high taxes to fix the climate?

First, how do you know it will be outrageously high?  I am sure you will have a sound example of past carbon taxes and how they were implemented in your answer.

Second, I would equate your answer to a fat man asking why he should stop eating cheesecake.  "Will that make the pounds I have go away quicker?"

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Will an outrageously high carbon tax make the water drain quicker?  We need proof that high carbon taxes will mitigate the climate not just liberal talking points.  How long will it take for the new high taxes to fix the climate?

First, how do you know it will be outrageously high? 

Two answers: first is Democrats like high taxes, second, if it's not high, what will keep people from burning as much fossil fuels.  Some more liberal questions?

I am sure you will have a sound example of past carbon taxes and how they were implemented in your answer.

I question the result so no, carbon taxes have been tried.  What makes you think they will be successful. Most liberal ideas are just plain stupid.

Second, I would equate your answer to a fat man asking why he should stop eating cheesecake. 

There is proof positive that not eating as much cheesecake will lose the pounds.  No such proof exists for carbon taxes, but the radical left likes them.

"Will that make the pounds I have go away quicker?"

You know it will versus carbon taxes, you know nothing about the results but I know the left think the solution to everything is more taxes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

First, how do you know it will be outrageously high?  I am sure you will have a sound example of past carbon taxes and how they were implemented in your answer.

Second, I would equate your answer to a fat man asking why he should stop eating cheesecake.  "Will that make the pounds I have go away quicker?"

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors