Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kneeling QB Gets His Wish

Message 11 of 18

@Richva wrote:

Next step, public office?

Doubtful, unless he manages to dump his honesty, morals, ethics and quality of character - all of which disqualify him from being electable or holding public office.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

Next step, public office?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

@Richva wrote:

Ah yes. "Meaningless". Yet we are still talking about it, aren't we?

I don't think whether he was correct or not, and that is a long argument on racial history, but are you impressed of his courage or upset with his message?

His courage is what counts for me. 

I don't watch American football - haven't for over twenty-five years...

Much prefer soccer and rugby - they keep playing without stopping...  

Hell, even Aussie Rules is better...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

Ah yes. "Meaningless". Yet we are still talking about it, aren't we?

I don't think whether he was correct or not, and that is a long argument on racial history, but are you impressed of his courage or upset with his message?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

@Richva wrote:

I cannot help but be impressed that he lost so much in order to protest the abuse his people had suffered.  I know there are many who will ridicule him for making such a sacrifice. I shall not be one of them.  

If he REALLY wanted to help his people - he could have used some of his 25 Million Salary for Playing a Game and started a Foundation to help wayward kids in poor Black Neighborhoods stay in school - get good healthcare - learn a trade - go to College - instead he wasted his own opportunity and he didn't help anyone - well unless you think - the Pride people felt in his protest was worth anything more than Notoriety.....................................

I don't like the system anymore than anyone else but it is the system and until people like Kaepernick learn that - encouraging Black People to get up off their Knees on the Sidelines and do something for Voters Rights - Organize efforts in Poor Black Neighborhoods to teach people that voting is the ONLY way to Effectively change - society - the cluture - the racism - the bigotry - the hated

1. Over 90 Million Americans who were Eligible to Vote Did Not Vote

2. 11% Fewer Blacks voted in the 2016 Presidential Election than voted in 2012

3. In 2016, there were 231,556,622 voting eligible citizens in the United States — out of that number, only 6.5 percent were Black.

In 2012, there were 222,474,111 voting eligible citizens in the United States — with only 7.6 percent being Black. Hence, there was a 14.5 percent decrease between 2012 and 2016 in the Black voting eligible population (or “VEP”) that actually voted.

The Pew Research Center also finds that in 2012, 25.8 million eligible voters were of African descent, with projections that number increased by 6 percent in 2016.

Yet, actual Black ballots counted in both 2012 and 2016 elections (as well as the 2014 Congressional midterms) were much lower than that.

You Change Nothing by Kneeling for the National Anthem and you change nothing by not voting

Guess Who Bragged About Not Voting in the 2016 Election? - Colin Kaepernick

Sources

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/black-voter-turnout-a-look-at-the-numbers/article_49d1aed9-76be-550e-...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/49ers/2016/11/14/colin-kaepernick-voting-would-have-been-hy...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@Richva wrote:

I cannot help but be impressed that he lost so much in order to protest the abuse his people had suffered.  I know there are many who will ridicule him for making such a sacrifice. I shall not be one of them. 

Nor shall I.

Those who would diss him, speak badly of him, and feel he deserved it - obviously never were among those worthy of even the slightest bit of respect, much less even the thought of sacrifice.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Kneeling QB Gets His Wish

Message 18 of 18

Colin Kaepernick the Qarterback for San Fransisco 49'ers who used to get paid to kneel on the sidelines during the National Anthem...................................poor guy - he's out of a Job but at least now he can go around to every NFL Game he wants and kneel down on the sidelines forever

Two weeks into the NFL's Free Agency Period - No NFL Team wants the sideline Anthem Kneeler

There was a time when a lot of NFL "Experts" thought - Kneeling Colin - was going to be a Superstar

It's not just the Kneeling he's not a very good QB

He played 6 years for San Fran and he only played in 69 games and has a 88 QB Rating

On the other hand Tom Brady has a 97 rating and thats over 237 Games in 17 years

I wouldn;t worry about starting a Go Fund Me Page for Kneeling Colin just yet though - in 6 years he was paid over 25 Million

Now before all the Sad Puppy Savers start jumping all over me - just remember - we have a President who could care less about Respect for Flag & Country and especially the Office of the Presidency - if you're going to defend Kneelings Kaepernicks Rights - then to be fair - Trump otta be able to act anyway he wants as well..............................................you know the whole Free Speech thingy - if Trump wants to tweet lies about about the Former President being a Criminal - he should get the same support for the same reasons many want to give Kneeling Colin when he disrespects our Anthem and our Flag 

He's a simply a hypocrit - he says he kneels during the Anthem of his country when the Colors of his Countrys Flag are displayed -

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color, to me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

He doesn;t even understand the issue - because then in the next breathe he says -

After a 28-20 loss against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 14 of 2015, Kapernick was fined $11,000 by the NFL for using a racial slur, “f******** ******er” to be specific.

Kaepernick was flagged on the play for using the language by ref Laird Hayes, knocking the 49ers back 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

BTW - I don't support the actions and the disrespect of either of them

Source - http://dailysnark.com/throwback-colin-kaepernick-fined-using-racial-slurs-towards-black-players/

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies