Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kirstjen Nielsen OUT

Message 1 of 28

Kirstjen Nielsen: just another defection in the trumped-up world of our non-presidential President. The wayward saga of MAGA continues. Bad D.C. actors still walk among us.

schlomo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 28

@rk9152 wrote:

But does anyone want to praise the President's efforts to control our borders (as is his job) under difficult circumstances?

And, how about asking for less bias from the MSM. They are all ranting about her caging children. I guess they forgot the last time they ran this picture and blamed President Trump;

2014 migrant children detained

I saw a comment online by someone who said that they had changed their mind about tRump spending the rest of his life in prison - they said that he should spend the rest of his life in a cage under a texas highway interchange - with no tent - and no bed...

I find  that I'm in agreement with that...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 28

Well - it's obvious that the low-life white racist bigot gene has bred true in the trump line of lying scumbags...

223735_600.jpg

"Secretary of Kidnapping quits after being criticized by tRump for not torturing more"

If only tRump's Nazi had tortured more of the children (and sold videos of the  torture through "special tRumpian" lines of distribution) - and managed to sell more of the girls into sexual slavery with all of tRump's perverted Epstein-like buddies world-wide, the profits would have overridden any mention of problems in tRump's perverted mind...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 28
rk posted...

Do any of your fellow borderlanders have an idea as to what to do with these caravans of illegals?

=================================================================

No, they do not...the only thing they know how to do is to obstruct any attempt to solve our problems at the border... that is asinine to say it nicely.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 28

As soon as any of President Trump's appointees have the slightest disagreement with him and give their honest opinion on issues , they are FIRED , unless they havent already resigned.

Must be tough to work for someone who knows it all and has all the answers. How do you gain any knowledge or perspective , when you surround yourself with only "yes people" ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 28

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

But does anyone want to praise the President's efforts to control our borders (as is his job) under difficult circumstances?

And, how about asking for less bias from the MSM. They are all ranting about her caging children. I guess they forgot the last time they ran this picture and blamed President Trump;

Speaking as someone who lives in the borderlands, I can tell you MSN is not overstating the problem. I assure you that no one here is praising the way Trump is handling this problem. 

I see the the Congressional Republicans are beginning to panic at Trump's chaotic administration style. What do you expect when the most successful thing he ever did was host a reality TV show? 

I did say "under difficult circumstances" and that includes impossible requirements of the 9th Circuit, a refusal of the Congressional Republicans to act, and the Dems using this as just one more partisan weapon.

Do any of your fellow borderlanders have an idea as to what to do with these caravans of illegals?

And how about the MSM once again over and over playing the "thrown in cages" bit again. You think they would have learned from the one I posted above.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 28

@rk9152 wrote:

Speaking as someone who lives in the borderlands, I can tell you MSN is not overstating the problem. I assure you that no one here is praising the way Trump is handling this problem. 

I see the the Congressional Republicans are beginning to panic at Trump's chaotic administration style. What do you expect when the most successful thing he ever did was host a reality TV show? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 28

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 28

@mandm84 wrote:

Hire only the best , that are either Indicted , Fired or Resign.laughing until your belly hurts.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 28

@oceanedge2 wrote:
Trump Demands Homeland Security Secretary Who Will Break the Law

........The law-and-order façade has been crumbling for a long time. But the firing of Kirstjen Nielsen as secretary of DHS truly reveals how little Trump or his party actually care about the law at all.

In recent months, Trump has not bothered to conceal his impatience for legal niceties. He has publicly mocked the idea that courts should oversee asylum hearings (“Get rid of judges”), and claimed unilateral authority to spend federal money on border fencing despite being denied authorization by Congress. Reporting on Nielsen’s departure shows that her central disqualification was an unwillingness to violate the law......

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/trump-kirstjen-nielsen-fired-homeland-illegal.html

Now we have dt's 4th DHS Secretary....(Obama had 2, each serving four years, Janet Napolitano and Jeh Johnson).

Newly appointed Kevin McAleenan is temporary(?)  I believe his  experience makes him fully aware of the chaos he is entering into.  Whether or not he is able to provide a more sane and positive influence over the ever present madness of dt's willingness to break laws remains to be seen. 

McAleenan, 47, has been at U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) since 2001, serving in both the Bush and Obama Administrations before becoming acting head of the department (Commissioner) in January 2017 under Trump......

As head of the CBP, McAleenan’s job is to reduce illegal immigration and smuggling across U.S. foreign borders. He has also been involved in overseeing the design and location scouting for Trump’s proposed border wall. But McAleenan is “not an ideologue or fire breather,” according to a senior official quoted by CNN.

http://time.com/5565915/kevin-mcaleenan-homeland-security-kirstjen-nielsen-replacement/

Interesting to see his back ground and experience.  Wasn't even a friday...huh!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-trump-wants-to-cut-aid-to-el-salvador-guatemala-and-honduras

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors