The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kicked in their sleep, forced to drink toilet water, fed frozen & rotten food, denied medica

Message 31 of 39

@GailL1 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Since the related thread has gotten so long and off the rails, I thought I'd share this new report.

You left out the threats of death and sexual assault.

Border patrol agents threatened migrant children with death, sexual abuse, ACLU says

Then there is the actual abuse 

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custod...

ACLU OBTAINS DOCUMENTS SHOWING WIDESPREAD ABUSE OF CHILD IMMIGRANTS IN U.S. CUSTODY

Startling increase in physical and sexual abuse of child immigrants by US Border Patrol, new report alleges

Trump and Republicans wanted to send a message, the message is they are monsters, be afraid of them.

It's true, Republicans are monsters.

@gruffstuff

From your ACLU link - Please notice the dates of the supporting document period.

Need I say any more about your allegations in the current day.

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP. The documents feature numerous cases of shocking violence and abuse against migrant children, many of whom arrived in the United States fleeing violence in their home countries.

Even more reason to shut the whole thing down.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kicked in their sleep, forced to drink toilet water, fed frozen & rotten food, denied medica

Message 32 of 39

@gruffstuff wrote:

Since the related thread has gotten so long and off the rails, I thought I'd share this new report.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article211805729.html

Border patrol agents threatened migrant children with death, sexual abuse, ACLU says

l

AND again from YOUR Miami Herald link -

The documents detail allegations made by migrant children who say that border patrol agents used unnecessary and illegal force in detaining them between 2009 and 2014. The children's accounts include brutal, detailed accusations of physical and mental abuse allegedly suffered at the hands of the officers.

Think you might want to check to make sure you are speaking about the correct Administration at work when you post such allegations.

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 39

@gruffstuff wrote:

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custod...

ACLU OBTAINS DOCUMENTS SHOWING WIDESPREAD ABUSE OF CHILD IMMIGRANTS IN U.S. CUSTODY

Startling increase in physical and sexual abuse of child immigrants by US Border Patrol, new report alleges

Trump and Republicans wanted to send a message, the message is they are monsters, be afraid of them.

@gruffstuff

From your ACLU link - Please notice the dates of the supporting document period.

Need I say any more about your allegations in the current day.

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP. The documents feature numerous cases of shocking violence and abuse against migrant children, many of whom arrived in the United States fleeing violence in their home countries.

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 39

gruffstuff 

Thank you for your post.  Sad but true. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 39

PaintItBlack:  Do we now have 100 "lying" lawyers and more than 200 "lying" children, none of whom have been placed in any special kind of detention, and therefore cannot be blamed for the abuse against them? Or do we have continued proof that the immigration department is out of control in its thuggish desire to hurt people?

Your question is a no brainer for normal people, but unfortunately we have many who would answer that "they entered the country illegally so they're getting what they deserve. They should have stayed home and it wouldn't have happened to them".

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 39

@gruffstuff wrote:

There's so much inhumanity and viciousness, it's hard to keep track. But I'm sure the Trumplings will be here soon to excuse it all away and make themselves feel better, so they can comfortably go back to yelling at kids to get off their lawns.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 39

@PaintItBlack
If this is true, hopefully the responsible parties will be he heavily punished.

How cruel, they are still human. What a lasting effect this will have on them the rest of their lives, as well as being taken from their parents. 

They did not deserve this, no matter what their parents did, right or wrong they did NOT deserve this. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 39

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article211805729.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/child-sex-abuse-us-border-patrol-physical-central-...

To bad they don't have their Mothers and Fathers to protect them.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/07/politics/donald-trump-immigration-separations-crisis-politics/index.h...

The Trump administration separated families. Reuniting them is a giant mess.

Now the separated children face exploitation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/child-sex-trafficking-trump-slavery-us-border-mexi...

Children separated from families face higher risk of being trafficked, US state department warns

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Kicked in their sleep, forced to drink toilet water, fed frozen & rotten food, denied medical treatm

Message 39 of 39

Judge Orders Monitor For Immigrant Child Shelters After Reported Abuses

... Since then, a team of about 100 lawyers interviewed more than 200 migrant children and their parents, and submitted to the court reams of testimony describing physical and verbal assault, lack of food and water, sleep deprivation, and dangerously unsanitary conditions. The detainees described being kicked in their sleep, forced to drink toilet water, fed frozen and rotten food, denied medical treatment, and pushed to sign documents they could not read or understand.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/judge-orders-monitor-for-immigrant-child-shelters-after-reported-...

Our beloved Trumplings have fervently denied previous allegations against the Administration's treatment of refugee children, by 1. Denying that it even happened and accusing the plaintiffs of lying, and 2. By blaming the victims and asserting that the children deserve to be beaten and starved because they acted out.

Do we now have 100 "lying" lawyers and more than 200 "lying" children, none of whom have been placed in any special kind of detention, and therefore cannot be blamed for the abuse against them? Or do we have continued proof that the immigration department is out of control in its thuggish desire to hurt people?

If there's nothing going on, why would the Administration argue in court that the monitor is unnecessary? Why not welcome transparency? 

Kudos
Views
Replies