Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Key Senate Panel findings report released: Russia meddled in 2016.

Message 1 of 23

@afisher wrote:

The distraction wrecking crew is busy with their talking points, all the while ignoring that Russia meddled with the 2016 election and the Steele dossier was not the basis for the Senate's findings.              The Senate report contradicts the findings that were reported by Nunes et al  Republicans in the Congress .

Are the trolls here comfortable with letting Russia to continue to meddle in the US election process?

IMO, some are making ignorant statements, do they not know the role of the Senate and House Investigations?    They make claims to have read the information, but I would posit that they have done no such thing, instead they have read the info from the Alt-Right website ( breitty's - no, I won't give it clicks / links to that site).     If they had read the links, they would not be making their distraction smokebomb comments.      Here is a conservative leaning sites info:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/395408-senate-intel-committee-no-reason-to-dispute-ic-assessment-...

Are the trolls here comfortable with letting Russia to continue to meddle in the US election process?

I have no idea who the "trolls" are that upset you, but I have seen no one wanting to let any foreign power meddle in our elections.

As far as I am concerned the sooner the issue stops being a club to beat the President over the head with and is dealt with the better.

Remember, the Russian actions were only a part of a larger effort to weaken us as a nation. That apparently continues successfully with the assistance of some of our posters, the Media and some in Congress.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

OK, I read the 2 links...  Where is the Russian/Trump Campaign collusion connection?  Did I miss it?

What words did you see that that indicate any kind of criminal activity on the part of the Trump Campaign occurred?

Be patient, Mueller will explain all that to you when the time comes. Lol

And pigs have wings!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@rker321 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Russia meddles in all elections (not just American) but the Obama/Hillary cult still has to prove that Trump colluded with Russians. What do you think KGB does?

I still think Putin was in the booth with me forcing me to vote for Trump instead of Hillary.

Congratulations  Nothappening. your response is spectacular.   But I do have something to ask you. If you did have Putin by you at election time, would you have recognized him. LOL

I had his hand pushing me over to the Trump lever. That's how I KNOW it was Putin (himself). You were able to escape this devil (Putin) and voted for your first choice Hillary!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

The distraction wrecking crew is busy with their talking points, all the while ignoring that Russia meddled with the 2016 election and the Steele dossier was not the basis for the Senate's findings.              The Senate report contradicts the findings that were reported by Nunes et al  Republicans in the Congress .

IMO, some are making ignorant statements, do they not know the role of the Senate and House Investigations?    They make claims to have read the information, but I would posit that they have done no such thing, instead they have read the info from the Alt-Right website ( breitty's - no, I won't give it clicks / links to that site).     If they had read the links, they would not be making their distraction smokebomb comments.      Here is a conservative leaning sites info:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/395408-senate-intel-committee-no-reason-to-dispute-ic-assessment-...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@Tom5678 wrote:

If anyone still has any doubts about the fact that Russia meddled in our 2016 elections, a key Senate report was released today and it concludes that indeed, Russia meddled in the 2016 elections.

That is the Senate report.  But the House apparently has some doubts...

"The Senate panel's conclusion about the motivation behind Russia's meddling stands in contrast to the findings of the House Intelligence Committee. Republicans on the House committee said in March that U.S. intelligence agencies failed to prove their conclusion that Russian President Vladimir Putin tried to help Trump beat Clinton."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/03/senate-panel-moscow-meddled-help-trump-2016/...

And Mueller is still in the midst of his investigation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@jimc91 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

OK, I read the 2 links...  Where is the Russian/Trump Campaign collusion connection?  Did I miss it?

What words did you see that that indicate any kind of criminal activity on the part of the Trump Campaign occurred?

Translation:

You have no Idea...

But Mueller does and even when all is revealed you will most likely stay in denial.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@mickstuder wrote: 

PS - we are not simply two Nations competing on a World Stage - Russia has corrupted a US President and is getting him to Initiate Russias Global Policy Initiative

1. Destroy any Continuity or Effectiveness within the US Government

Yes, this cyber warfare has been going on for years and is greatly assisted by posts like "the pig in the WH", and "Trump sucks". It is also assisted by the constant series of mob scenes  in which the leadership and participants change, only the supposed complaint changes.

2. Promote a US Foreign Policy wherby the US Treats it's Decades old Allies as Enemies and our Enemies as Friends

No doubt that would be the Russian's goal. Our President's goal is to insure the best deal possible for our nation.

3. Destroy NATO

No doubt that is their goal. Our President's goal is to see that NATO members live up to their promises and obligations.

4. Destroy the WTO

I suspect you are right - that would be a Russian goal. Our President, once again, looks to assure that we get a fair deal from other participants.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Somebody should explain to Trump Cult members that nobody ever claimed Russia hacked into the election. There are no allegations they physically controlled anything on election day.

Russia used mass media to influence people's thought processes and preferences. That's what Fox does every day of the week (The Joseph Goebbels technique). It's proven to be a masterful strategy as Fox creates one conspiracy theory after another that their low IQ voters fall for.

I don't know if the Russians are as good as Fox, but it sounds as if they did a very credible job. One thing we now for sure, Trump is doing nothing to prevent it from it happening again in the 2018 election.

Naturally, Fox and Goebbels and low IQ - but what about the topic?

No one has said that the Russians effected the outcome and even Obama said they couldn't so what is this all about?

Three posts from you and nothing about the topic.

As in this case, I am responding to another poster. However, I believe my last statement directly addresses the topic.

And you - any thoughts on the topic??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Tom said, "If anyone still has any doubts about the fact that Russia meddled in our 2016 elections..."

I'm sorry Tom, a bi-partisan report, such as the one you highlighted, will mean absolutely nothing in Trump World, where there is no respect for the truth or factual documentation. Trump's Cult members will not believe one word of that bi-partisan report. They will instead believe everything the pathological liar in the White House tells them. 

Second post and you have already gone off topic with your obsession about those "cult" people who live in your mind.

As to the report - sure, why not. We are two nations competing on the world scene. Who wouldn't want a rational businessman instead of a "for sale", unpredictable whacko?

Herein lies the Problem with Conservative/Republican Flip-flop on Russia.......................this is a excerpt from the US Senate Republicans on a Congressional Grilling of Obamas Handeling of the Crimea Issue May 7 2014

Senate Republicans vented their frustration over the deteriorating situation in Ukraine on Tuesday, as a panel of Obama Administration witnesses struggled to lay out how the U.S. could block Russian President Vladimir Putin from enforcing his will in the embattled country. While political theater is nothing new in Capitol Hill hearings,

Tuesday’s session on whether the U.S. should broaden military aid to Ukraine and step up sanctions against Russia saw lawmakers slap their desk, cut off witnesses and let emotions fly.

Republicans focused their anger on why President Barack Obama hasn’t taken a stronger stance against Putin, as he has repeatedly threatened. Sen. Bob Corker, the Ranking Republican on the committee who introduced a new bill last week expanding sanctions and military aid, was the first of his party to speak and ready for a fight. “Are you kidding me?” Corker asked one witness, Assistant Treasury Secretary Daniel L. Glaser, when Glaser initially declined to comment on how pro-Russian separatists are being funded. “Isn’t this what you do?”

“I had hoped better as a witness when I strongly supported nomination for your present position,” Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) told Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland at the end of his questioning.

“I’m not hearing discussed here today what is going to change Putin’s calculus,” charged Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.). “The economic approach is going to fail. When the economic approach fails, then what do we do? Are we ever going to consider providing even small arms?”

The conflict in Ukraine has emboldened any Republican who warned that Obama’s foreign policy would destroy America’s clout.

“A couple of my favorites,” he told the thousands of activists gathered at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s annual conference. The 2008 Republican nominee for president put on his best sarcastic face. “Tell Vladimir I’ll be more flexible when I’m re-elected.”

McCain’s eyes bugged out; he repeated the sentence: “Tell Vladimir I’ll be more flexible when I’m re-elected”?

His crowd got the joke, though McCain had slightly bowdlerized the reference. In March 2012, at a summit in South Korea, President Barack Obama had one of his last meetings with outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. He was the only Russian head of state Obama had ever worked with, a placeholder from 2008 to 2012 until Vladimir Putin could legally return to power. Obama wanted him to tell Putin, who’d be back in a couple months, that he’d have “more flexibility” to oppose expanded missile defense in NATO nations once he’d dispatched Mitt Romney.

Now in a few weeks - Our Current President is scheduled to meet his Handler Putin one on one in Private......................................... and the GOP is so enamored by improving realtions with Putin - they sent a Adanced Party led by Sen Richard Shelby to Moscow and they met with Kislyak & Lavrov today and Shelby is Quoted as saying - we are not here to raise old accusations about this & that..................................One of Putins closest advisors is Quoted as saying afteerwards - this was the easiest meeting I've ever had with a US Congressional Delegation

All this on the same day the Senate Intelligence Committee released a Unanimous Bi-partisan report that confirms Russia corrupted a US Presidential Election in favor of Trump.......................

PS - we are not simply two Nations competing on a World Stage - Russia has corrupted a US President and is getting him to Initiate Russias Global Policy Initiative

1. Destroy any Continuity or Effectiveness within the US Government

2. Promote a US Foreign Policy wherby the US Treats it's Decades old Allies as Enemies and our Enemies as Friends

3. Destroy NATO

4. Destroy the WTO

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

Translation:

You have no Idea...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views