Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep DACA, deport the Nazis

Message 81 of 98

@mandm84 wrote:

G.W. Bush's Republican Ethics Attorney Richard Painter  doesn't quite agree with you Mr. NOTHAPPENING , but maybe you have more knowledge or expertise than he ? I also think I'll wait until Mueller is done with his investigation ?

OK, lets wait and you will see I'm correct and the left is just blowing (more) smoke.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 98

G.W. Bush's Republican Ethics Attorney Richard Painter  doesn't quite agree with you Mr. NOTHAPPENING on the Emoluments violation by Trump, but maybe you have more knowledge or expertise than he ? I also think I'll wait until Mueller is done with his investigation ?

Lucky both houses of Congress are controlled by the Republican's or we would be calling the fire department !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 98

NBC reports that 95% of those folks included under DACA are either in school or employed. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 98

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

Well, you didn't seem to have a problem when Trump "trashed the Constitution" by violating its emoluments clause ...... taking the oath of office while failing to divest himself of his investments ..... An unconstitutional "expediency" you conveniently evade!

Trump is not required under (the emoluments clause) of the Constitution to divest himself of his investments.  Maybe you can do some research and determine what the clause really does mean.

The Title of Nobility Clause is a provision in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution,[1] that prohibits the federal government from granting titles of nobility, and restricts members of the government from receiving gifts, emoluments, offices or titles from foreign states without the consent of the United States Congress. Also known as the Emoluments Clause, it was designed to shield the republican character of the United States against so-called "corrupting foreign influences". This shield is reinforced by the corresponding prohibition on state titles of nobility in Article I, Section 10, and more generally by the Republican Guarantee Clause in Article IV, Section 4.[2]

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

Well, you didn't seem to have a problem when Trump "trashed the Constitution" by violating its emoluments clause ...... taking the oath of office while failing to divest himself of his investments ..... An unconstitutional "expediency" you conveniently evade!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote:

Every time Trump sheds crocodile tears about these children and in the next moment says they have to go, I think what a hypocrite.
There are two conflicting issues involved. It is entirely conceivable for one to feel compassion for the people involved while still trying to be faithful to the law.
Nope .....There is no "conflict" of these two issues with Trump as Trump has neither attribute .... "compassion" nor "faithful to the law".

I hope congress will have the courage to weigh in on this and stop the the deportation. Give them a path to citizenship.

Agreed - changes to immigration law is the job of the Congress, not Presidential EOs. 

Conveniently forgetting that President Obama faced a do nothing Republican controlled Congress whose only goal was to make him a one term President!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know its hard when those you love move far away. But in an election, you would lose.

Your implication that I love the Nazis is, of course, highly offensive. But, sadly, that is becoming commonplace on these boards.

But, what do you mean about an election? I am not running for any office.

everyone on  this board is a partisan, and trying to get something elected. The election i am refering to is deporting nazis vs daca. in the hyothetical, where do you stand?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 98

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know its hard when those you love move far away. But in an election, you would lose.

Your implication that I love the Nazis is, of course, highly offensive. But, sadly, that is becoming commonplace on these boards.

But, what do you mean about an election? I am not running for any office.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 98

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors