Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep DACA, deport the Nazis

Message 71 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

Well, you didn't seem to have a problem when Trump "trashed the Constitution" by violating its emoluments clause ...... taking the oath of office while failing to divest himself of his investments ..... An unconstitutional "expediency" you conveniently evade!

If he broke the law, I have no problem with appropriate agencies filing charges.

Your continued support for Trump, no matter how vile and disgusting his actions are, clearly suggests otherwise.

No "convenient evading" in that.

Yup .... your unquestionable support for Trump is well documented in your posts!

Now, back to the Nazis - any thoughts?

Actually, that's not the topic.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote:

Every time Trump sheds crocodile tears about these children and in the next moment says they have to go, I think what a hypocrite.
There are two conflicting issues involved. It is entirely conceivable for one to feel compassion for the people involved while still trying to be faithful to the law.
Nope .....There is no "conflict" of these two issues with Trump as Trump has neither attribute .... "compassion" nor "faithful to the law".
Please stick to the facts.
I did!  Please stop evading the facts!

I hope congress will have the courage to weigh in on this and stop the the deportation. Give them a path to citizenship.

Agreed - changes to immigration law is the job of the Congress, not Presidential EOs. 

Conveniently forgetting that President Obama faced a do nothing Republican controlled Congress whose only goal was to make him a one term President!

The Congress acting constitutionally is not a logical reason for the President acting unconstitutionally. 

Yup ..... Trump doesn't recognize the Constitution when it gets in the way of what he wants to do!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 98

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Funny, but the Supreme Court disagrees with you as to whether or not Obama's actions in this were Constitutional. I think they know more about it than you do.

Details please. I found this:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/22/us/who-is-affected-by-supreme-court-decision-on-immig...

To use your term, funny, Obama seems to disagree with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfZ3kaKZoIw

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 98

@mandm84 wrote:

NBC reports that 95% of those folks included under DACA are either in school or employed. 

No relation to their legal status - the subject.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 98

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

Well, you didn't seem to have a problem when Trump "trashed the Constitution" by violating its emoluments clause ...... taking the oath of office while failing to divest himself of his investments ..... An unconstitutional "expediency" you conveniently evade!

If he broke the law, I have no problem with appropriate agencies filing charges.

No "convenient evading" in that. Now, back to the Nazis - any thoughts?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

The Congress acting constitutionally is not a logical reason for the President acting unconstitutionally.

Funny, but the Supreme Court disagrees with you as to whether or not Obama's actions in this were Constitutional. I think they know more about it than you do.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 98

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@cn5621 wrote:

Every time Trump sheds crocodile tears about these children and in the next moment says they have to go, I think what a hypocrite.
There are two conflicting issues involved. It is entirely conceivable for one to feel compassion for the people involved while still trying to be faithful to the law.
Nope .....There is no "conflict" of these two issues with Trump as Trump has neither attribute .... "compassion" nor "faithful to the law".
Please stick to the facts.

I hope congress will have the courage to weigh in on this and stop the the deportation. Give them a path to citizenship.

Agreed - changes to immigration law is the job of the Congress, not Presidential EOs. 

Conveniently forgetting that President Obama faced a do nothing Republican controlled Congress whose only goal was to make him a one term President!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 98

@MIseker wrote:

everyone on  this board is a partisan, and trying to get something elected. The election i am refering to is deporting nazis vs daca. in the hyothetical, where do you stand?

A strange use of the English language - getting something elected.

As to "deporting Nazis" - fine, under what law?

DACA - support the law as it exists and/or change the law. But emotional ad hoc actions are not the way to go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 98

@mandm84 wrote:

G.W. Bush's Republican Ethics Attorney Richard Painter  doesn't quite agree with you Mr. NOTHAPPENING on the Emoluments violation by Trump, but maybe you have more knowledge or expertise than he ? I also think I'll wait until Mueller is done with his investigation ?

Lucky both houses of Congress are controlled by the Republican's or we would be calling the fire department !!!

The Republican controlled Congress is the ONLY thing stopping Trump from being impeached.

Trump has committed impeachable offensives from violating the Constitution to treason!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 98

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Trump is not required under (the emoluments clause) of the Constitution to divest himself of his investments.  Maybe you can do some research and determine what the clause really does mean.

The Title of Nobility Clause is a provision in Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the United States Constitution,[1] that prohibits the federal government from granting titles of nobility, and restricts members of the government from receiving gifts, emoluments, offices or titles from foreign states without the consent of the United States Congress. Also known as the Emoluments Clause, it was designed to shield the republican character of the United States against so-called "corrupting foreign influences". This shield is reinforced by the corresponding prohibition on state titles of nobility in Article I, Section 10, and more generally by the Republican Guarantee Clause in Article IV, Section 4.[2]

And Trump has violated those provisions by making money on all the foreign diplomats, dignitaries and investors when they use his establishments .... as well as his conflict in foreign investments!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.