Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep DACA, deport the Nazis

Message 41 of 98

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

A 4 to 4 tie is not a ruling on the Constitutionality of Obama's order. Another point .................. Trump can't even fill the Supreme Court with Justices.

We have nine. How many do you want?

Then send it back to the Supreme court for a ruling before you call Obama's EO "unconstitutional" again. The Supreme court has never ruled that EO as unconstitutional.

Sorry, I have no control over the SCOTUS - the future of DACA marches on.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 98

@cn5621 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

I don't think anyone including me, wants to trash the Constitution, we are just venting. I am sure we all understand that the Constitution as well as the law of the land prevents us from kicking Nazi's out of the country, that doesn't mean we may not want to. When the Communist scare (1950's) was in full bloom, a law was past making it illegal. At that time in our history espionage and Communist cells bent on the destruction of our government was a major problem. Taking that into consideration and remembering WW II, perhaps outlawing the American Nazi Party would not be such a bad idea. After all they wanted to destroy America . I understand they as well as I have their right to protest and to free speech and equal protection under the law, it doesn't make me like or respect them. I stiil think any hate group belongs three feet below the bottom of the ocean. I do agree that we can not and should not violate the Constitution.

We had a Cold War with the USSR. At that time domestic Communists were operating as agents of our enemy. It would be hard to equate our current day weekend reenactors with that situation.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 98

Can " Deplorables " be deported ?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 98

@cn5621 wrote:

Point of conjecture; if you deported all of the Nazis, KKK and Alt-right sympathizers wouldn't that make the halls of the White House look like a ghost town? 

Yup .... all empty ...... including The Oval Office!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 98

Point of conjecture; if you deported all of the Nazis, KKK and Alt-right sympathizers wouldn't that make the halls of the White House look like a ghost town? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

In a way,  this is the best thing that has happened. now Congress and the Senate will have to step in and really do what they have not done in so many years,
Deal with this issue. and they will, Now, they don't have options, if they don't they will loose too many votes they can't afford that.

Amen, sister.

Your comment has merit and it is time that Congress does it's job and fixes the problem. The problem is they will want to tie it to every pet peve they have including the wall. Trump's Tweet following the AG's announcing the repeal of DACA  gives them an out. They will probably just kick the can on down the road once again and blame everyone but themselves.  The Dreamers deserve better. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

A 4 to 4 tie is not a ruling on the Constitutionality of Obama's order. Another point .................. Trump can't even fill the Supreme Court with Justices.

We have nine. How many do you want?

Then send it back to the Supreme court for a ruling before you call Obama's EO "unconstitutional" again. The Supreme court has never ruled that EO as unconstitutional.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

Now, as to deporting Nazis - is there any other part of the Constitution you'd like to trash for expediency.

I don't think anyone including me, wants to trash the Constitution, we are just venting. I am sure we all understand that the Constitution as well as the law of the land prevents us from kicking Nazi's out of the country, that doesn't mean we may not want to. When the Communist scare (1950's) was in full bloom, a law was past making it illegal. At that time in our history espionage and Communist cells bent on the destruction of our government was a major problem. Taking that into consideration and remembering WW II, perhaps outlawing the American Nazi Party would not be such a bad idea. After all they wanted to destroy America . I understand they as well as I have their right to protest and to free speech and equal protection under the law, it doesn't make me like or respect them. I stiil think any hate group belongs three feet below the bottom of the ocean. I do agree that we can not and should not violate the Constitution.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 98

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Ridiculous   thread.  of course, Amerocans cannot be deported/ whether they happen to be Nazis  of  not.
So please do post issues that merit answering and stop the nonsense that is quite prevalent in this thread.

Good post and it could apply to quite a few threads.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 98

Ridiculous   thread.  of course, Amerocans cannot be deported/ whether they happen to be Nazis  of  not.
So please do post issues that merit answering and stop the nonsense that is quite prevalent in this thread.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors