Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep DACA, deport the Nazis

Message 11 of 98

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I did "read it again" and I thought you must be talking of the KKK, some of which have unmasked themselves (becoming 'unmasked thugs') whose hate speech has erroneously been labeled 'free speech' by you and others, over-ruling the courts as to what exactly 'free speech' includes.

Well, you didn't read it very well. Surely you do not think that I was asking ocean about defending the Kluxers. You must have meant the Kluxers, after all they were always in hoods, promoting and committing violent crimes and actions.

As to the courts - can you cite a single example of me over-ruling the Courts? On the other hand you do defend the masked thugs of antifa who do exactly that. When you erroneously claim that those protesting against the KKK have no right to because of a "permit" thing, and erroneously claim that they take away the KKK's right to free speech, you do attempt to "over-rule" the courts. I have never once mentioned anything in reference to  "the masked thugs of antifa".

I really can't see what the bone of contention here is. Surely we all can agree that free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. Surely we can all agree that questions as to it's applications are to be resolved by the Courts. Surely we can all agree that police authorities have the responsibility to enforce the rulings of the Courts.

No one tried to take away the right of free speech from the KKK, not even those protesting against them, they were indeed also practicing their own right to free speech. Hate speech promoting violence is not included in the right to free speech, the KKK is truly guilty of hate speech.

How you see me taking anything from a court is undecipherable.

In the case of Charlottesville, the antifas came with the expressed intent of shutting the Nazis and Kluxers down. In the case of Berkeley, they came to town with the expressed intention of shutting the speaker down, In Portland they issues threats to the city government causing it to shut down a parade. This is mob action, not court action and that is what I object to.

As to not taking away anyone's rights to free speech - you don't mask up and arm up to simply state your position.

Finally, Hate speech promoting violence is not included in the right to free speech is not your decision nor the decision of antifa, it is the decision of the courts. Enforcing such decisions is not your right nor the right of antifa, it is the responsibility of the police authorities.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I did "read it again" and I thought you must be talking of the KKK, some of which have unmasked themselves (becoming 'unmasked thugs') whose hate speech has erroneously been labeled 'free speech' by you and others, over-ruling the courts as to what exactly 'free speech' includes.

Well, you didn't read it very well. Surely you do not think that I was asking ocean about defending the Kluxers. You must have meant the Kluxers, after all they were always in hoods, promoting and committing violent crimes and actions.

As to the courts - can you cite a single example of me over-ruling the Courts? On the other hand you do defend the masked thugs of antifa who do exactly that. When you erroneously claim that those protesting against the KKK have no right to because of a "permit" thing, and erroneously claim that they take away the KKK's right to free speech, you do attempt to "over-rule" the courts. I have never once mentioned anything in reference to  "the masked thugs of antifa".

I really can't see what the bone of contention here is. Surely we all can agree that free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. Surely we can all agree that questions as to it's applications are to be resolved by the Courts. Surely we can all agree that police authorities have the responsibility to enforce the rulings of the Courts.

No one tried to take away the right of free speech from the KKK, not even those protesting against them, they were indeed also practicing their own right to free speech. Hate speech promoting violence is not included in the right to free speech, the KKK is truly guilty of hate speech.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 98

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

http://www.equalvoiceforfamilies.org/with-trump-ending-daca-more-protests-are-expected-this-week/?gc...

rk - Surely you are not defending the masked thugs in the street....

I see no masked thugs asking the courts to "enforce their determinations".  Surely you are not suggesting they have no right to voice their grievances.  Or are you?

"In court"??? I am talking about masked thugs in the street deciding their definition of "free speech", effectively, overrules the courts.

The right to demonstrate (with a permit) has not been questioned.

There were no "masked thugs" in the photo displayed. What "masked thugs are you talking about? Perhaps the KKK in their white hoods (masks) and robes?

Read it again.

Well, you didn't read it very well. Surely you do not think that I was asking ocean about defending the Kluxers.

As to the courts - can you cite a single example of me over-ruling the Courts? On the other hand you do defend the masked thugs of antifa who do exactly that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

http://www.equalvoiceforfamilies.org/with-trump-ending-daca-more-protests-are-expected-this-week/?gc...

I see no masked thugs asking the courts to "enforce their determinations".  Surely you are not suggesting they have no right to voice their grievances.  Or are you?

"In court"??? I am talking about masked thugs in the street deciding their definition of "free speech", effectively, overrules the courts.

There were no "masked thugs" in the photo displayed. What "masked thugs are you talking about? Perhaps the KKK in their white hoods (masks) and robes?

Read it again.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 98

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Read it again.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 98

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Where are recently taken pictures of all those masked thugs?

We all know those masked thugs have only existed in the "conservative/republican alternate reality".

You mean masked thugs like these masked thugs?

index.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 98

@MIseker wrote:
I will note, when DACA was passed, the people it covered where became LEGAL if the followed its rules. by TAKING daca, the people that dont make it will be here Illegally. Removing daca increases the number of illegals. thats pretty simple isnt it?

When was DACA passed?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 98
I will note, when DACA was passed, the people it covered where became LEGAL if the followed its rules. by TAKING daca, the people that dont make it will be here Illegally. Removing daca increases the number of illegals. thats pretty simple isnt it?
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 98

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors