Bronze Conversationalist

Kayleigh McEnany turns the table on the media

In her second official briefing before the White House press corps, Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany was asked about a comment she made on Feb. 25 on Fox Business Channel, in which she said that because of President Donald Trump, “we will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here.”

She added, “I guess I would turn the question back on the media, and ask similar questions. Does Vox want to take back that they proclaimed the coronavirus would not be a deadly pandemic? Does The Washington Post want to take back that they told Americans to get a grip, the flu is bigger than the coronavirus. Does The Washington Post likewise want to take back that our brains are causing us to exaggerate the threat of the coronavirus. Does The New York Times want to take back that fear of the virus may be spreading faster than the virus itself. Does NPR want to take back that the flu was a much bigger threat than the coronavirus? And finally, once again The Washington Post, would they like to take back that the government should not respond aggressively to the coronavirus.” She then wrapped up the briefing and left.

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Is Asked Why She Downplayed Coronavirus Threat  

BOOM. Kayleigh McEnany will not be pushed around by the dishonest media. Way to go Kayleigh 

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Is Asked Why She Downplayed Coronavirus Threat  

BOOM. Kayleigh McEnany will not be pushed around by the dishonest media. Way to go Kayleigh 

Read the whole article.  It paints a different picture.  It also says she TRIED to turn the tables on the media -- 'tried' being the operative word here.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

She’s just another trump shill, and a farce as press secretary...she’ll never lie...right!

And will only go on fox...very telling. Probably no one other than fox or oan would invite her to be on. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Didn't she just tested positive for the virus? I thought I read that in the newspapers

no name
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png