Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Kavanaugh Like's His Woman a "Certain Way"

Message 31 of 78

I noticed you left out that Kavanough's wife is all being threatened. Did you know?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Kavanaugh Like His Woman a "Certain Way"

Message 32 of 78

Did you read the story? It was at the last so I guess you read the Headline at HuffPost. It was clearly misleading. The student that was going to apply for an internship was told that "Kavanough Liked His Interns to Look a Certain Way". She gave the student advice on how to dress. She also was proud that her own daughter got an internship with Kavanough. It in no way was negative towards Kavanough. It was advice for someone who was stated as being somewhat awkward, to help her. Probably, look professional, no tattoos or piercings etc.  I got 2 jobs where the employer told me one of the reasons I got the job over the other applicants was that I was dressed nice, clean cut and didn't have dirty fingernails. Please read the story before commenting.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 78

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@firefighter wrote:

we need a 3 three party system......I agree.

with some kind of tearm limit......We do for the prez, but need them for the SCOTUS, IMO.  For Congress, there is a term limit, it's decided each election day.  Don't like your Reps job performance?  Vote them out of office.....it's happening now at a ballot box near you.

That Would Be Reasonable if Americans Actually Voted but The Facts Illustrate Otherwise

1. The 55.7% VAP turnout in 2016 puts the U.S. behind most of its peers in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), most of whose members are highly developed, democratic states. Looking at the most recent nationwide election in each OECD nation, the U.S. placed 26th out of 32 (current VAP estimates weren’t available for three countries

Source - http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

Some would argue that if people don't vote - it means they are Happy with their Incumbents Performance

2. Also Not True - Congress Get Consistently Low Approval Ratings

Congress Job Perfomrance.png

Congress Job Perfomrance 1.png

3. Yet Incumbents get Re-elected at astonishing rates

Re-election Rates.png

Re-election Rates 1.png

All these Statisitcs - Conflict

CONCLUSION

Americans Don't Vote Often Enough or Consistently

Registering to Vote is Too Hard

Getting to the Polls is Too Hard

Voting in General is Too Hard

Americans like their Own Congressional Reps but the Don't like anyone elses

Americans As A Whole Overall Think Congress As a Whole Is Useless

Congressional Term Limits Are Necessary

The Argument that if you don't like your Elected Official Thats What Elections Are For is a nice sounding MEME but if that were the case in Reality - no Elected Office would need Term Limits

Source - https://news.gallup.com/poll/232553/snapshot-congressional-job-approval.aspx

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/congressional_performance

https://www.thoughtco.com/do-congressmen-ever-lose-re-election-3367511

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I have underlined and placed into bold print the words in your posting that I am commenting on. Who do you address those words to?  If I am one of those you post those words to, then  I challenge you to quote anything that I have posted which shows that I am disrespectful of someone because they are "female".  I do believe that demanding that women "look a certain way" or "look like models" is rather sexist and degrading. Do you agree?

I think that you are forgetting the TOS  in this forum. the minute that I put a name , the Moderators are going to remove my post and banned me for a period ot time. so please take that into consideration and if the shoe don't fit, is not about you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 78

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@firefighter wrote:

with some kind of tearm limit......We do for the prez, but need them for the SCOTUS, IMO.  For Congress, there is a term limit, it's decided each election day.  Don't like your Reps job performance?  Vote them out of office.....it's happening now at a ballot box near you.

I agree with term limits for Supreme Court Justices, a point which is not often discussed.  The average life expectantcy when the Constitution was written was 43 years of age.  Kind of puts things in perspective.  The Founding Fathers had no idea Supreme Court justices could sit on the court for 40 or more years......

Never conceived of citizens owning a RK-15 either but that's another subject.....

Supposedly we don't have a two-party system, but our election rules inhibit an effective third or fourth party from becoming significant in our elections. So true, The financial burden is far too significant and the current two parties will do everything possible to prevent is.  A good example of this was the last election.  Sanders is a registered and recognized Independent, he should have run as an Independent.  trump was a life long Democrat....wanted to be President and could find anyone in the Dem party to support him, so he created a fake issue, Obama's birth certificate and became the darling of idiots and he received the support of the Tea Party.  The Repubs began losing the support of Conservatives and thus welcomed the Tea Party.....the rest is history and is why many moderate Repubs are becoming Independents and you hear many saying the Repub party no longer exists.  This is why, IMO, "Those rules need to be changed."

Why do some think it's necessary to have term limits for Congress?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 78

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@firefighter wrote:

I agree with term limits for Supreme Court Justices, a point which is not often discussed.

Supposedly we don't have a two-party system, but our election rules inhibit an effective third or fourth party from becoming significant in our elections. Those rules need changed.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 78

@rker321 wrote:

I don't care if Kavanaugh  likes his women a certain way or not.  but this is completely disrespectful to all women in this message board.

Many of you speak about the old men in the Republican Party, well, very take a good look at some posters in this message board.

If you cannot speak about female in any other manner that is not as disrespectful as this  thread is, please refrain from speaking.

NOne of you are better  than anyone else. 

I have underlined and placed into bold print the words in your posting that I am commenting on. Who do you address those words to?  If I am one of those you post those words to, then  I challenge you to quote anything that I have posted which shows that I am disrespectful of someone because they are "female".  I do believe that demanding that women "look a certain way" or "look like models" is rather sexist and degrading. Do you agree?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 78

@fangoh45 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

No wonder this lady doesn't want to testify. I wouldn't either and expose myself to the male species that apparently don't know how to speak about a lady.

There are well over 200 women, and the number growing who would not agree with your assertion.

How long did you know Brett? What did he say to you to make you believe he does not know how to speak to a lady?

I think the liberal mind has a hard time determining who is a gentleman.

I believe that you are misunderstanding my post. My post is not about Kavanaugh  is about men and the treatment of women. The old men in this Forum and elsewhere have a different understanding about women and how to treat women. so please dom't try to make this an issue about Kanavanaugh because is not. is the the way men speak about women. and if you would have read my post you would have gather that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 78

@firefighter wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 78

we need a 3 three party system with some kind of tearm limit.

Kudos
Views