Honored Social Butterfly

Karen Whitsett Censured

A Detroit, Mich., branch of the Democratic Party plans to censure state representative Karen Whitsett (D., Detroit) after she met with President Trump earlier this month and praised him for recommending the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus.

Apparently it's wrong to thank her president. Democrat McCathyism is in full swing. “Thank you for everything that you have done,” Whitsett told Trump and Vice President Mike Pence at the White House on April 14. “I did not know that saying thank you had a political line…I thought just saying thank you meant ‘thank you.'”

Thank you for reading. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

A Detroit, Mich., branch of the Democratic Party plans to censure state representative Karen Whitsett (D., Detroit) after she met with President Trump earlier this month and praised him for recommending the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus.

Apparently it's wrong to thank her president. Democrat McCathyism is in full swing. “Thank you for everything that you have done,” Whitsett told Trump and Vice President Mike Pence at the White House on April 14. “I did not know that saying thank you had a political line…I thought just saying thank you meant ‘thank you.'”

Thank you for reading. 

It was just confirmed by medical tests that the drug recommended by Trump does not work, and in fact in one test the group that was given it had more deaths. Notice Trump doesn't talk about it anymore. He is on to having people drink the fluid they clean with. Even the people who make thoes products are telling all do not drink our product. It was correct to censure the State Rep. for thanking  Trump for something that makes people die, and does not cure.

Social Butterfly

The Democratic Party plans to censure Karen Whitsett (D., Detroit) after she met with President Trump earlier this month and praised him for recommending the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus.

A treatment that has never shown any indication of efficacy but has been proven dangerous. How is it wrong to censure a politician for promoting a bogus and dangerous treatment?

No one is infringing on her right to free speech. She can spew this garbage whenever she wants. But the Democratic Party has the right to free speech, too. So they censured her. Me? I would have booted her from the party and sued her for endagering the lives of Americans.

The right to free speech does not mean you can shout fire in a crowded theater and that's exactly what elected officials are doing when they push unproven and dangerous drugs.

Let's keep it real: No one with any sense would take these drugs. My doctor advised against taking these drugs and told me I would be fine if I stuck with the advice of Dr. Fauci. It's just that simple.

This bug is dangerous. We need to keep the discussion real.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LouLit01 wrote:

The Democratic Party plans to censure Karen Whitsett (D., Detroit) after she met with President Trump earlier this month and praised him for recommending the anti-viral drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus.

A treatment that has never shown any indication of efficacy but has been proven dangerous. How is it wrong to censure a politician for promoting a bogus and dangerous treatment?

No one is infringing on her right to free speech. She can spew this garbage whenever she wants. But the Democratic Party has the right to free speech, too. So they censured her. Me? I would have booted her from the party and sued her for endagering the lives of Americans.

The right to free speech does not mean you can shout fire in a crowded theater and that's exactly what elected officials are doing when they push unproven and dangerous drugs.

Let's keep it real: No one with any sense would take these drugs. My doctor advised against taking these drugs and told me I would be fine if I stuck with the advice of Dr. Fauci. It's just that simple.

This bug is dangerous. We need to keep the discussion real.

Yes but...but....but...

Donald doesn't invest in "Real".  He prefers to invest in convincing others that conman solutions, like Trump steaks, trump Vodka, trump fake diploma's from trump University, condo's in Mexico, huffing Lysol...are all worthy of your time and money.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png