Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Kamala Harris' campaign slams online attacks on her race

Message 11 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Still waiting for answer on my first question to you.

Then I suggest you have a long, long wait.  There is a saying that one could wait until a certain region freezes over.

You have answered my question by all of your posts. Race is something we all have and we had no choice in it, but we can all be proud of it. It is sad when people go off an attack other races or use race against them. This you will find mostly in the far right. The far right make up about 90% of the race haters  in this country. What is even sadder is where members of the far right who have made good lives accepting race as a main part of their life proceed to use it as a weapon to down other people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 53

@Richva wrote:

Because Donald Trump Jr. re Tweeted a racist post by a right wing nutjob that she was not black enough. Up until then, it was a discussion of policy as regards blacks and minorities in this country.

So that's an excuse to engage in a string of nonsensical off-topic posts?

Have a good morning.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump

This isn't about Trump, but about Kamala Harris and her playing the race card.  If she is as experienced, successful, and educated as you posted, then why is she playing that card?  Why is her heritage even mentioned?

Because Donald Trump Jr. re Tweeted a racist post by a right wing nutjob that she was not black enough. Up until then, it was a discussion of policy as regards blacks and minorities in this country. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-shared-a-racist-tweet-about-kamala-harris-2019-6

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 53

@Richva wrote:

Trump

This isn't about Trump, but about Kamala Harris and her playing the race card.  If she is as experienced, successful, and educated as you posted, then why is she playing that card?  Why is her heritage even mentioned?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 53

@KidBoy2 wrote:

oceanedge2 posted...

@KidBoy2wrote:
ManicProgressive posted...
Should race be a factor? You and kid boy seem to think so.
============================================
I do not but......be it true or not......she owns it.

On what planet? Most want to depend on the truth. You are aware our entire legal system dedicated to "true or not"? That you have determined does not apply to Senator Harris. Are you simply missing Michelle?

========================================================

Your post does not make sense.

This is what I posted...

"I do not but Ms Harris has used her race ...saying she is the only black in the Democratic race...be it true or not...she owns it.

I see this issue was on CBS News tonight....sorry but the issue will not go away. It might just offend African Americans."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I posted the truth I wish you would.

OK. Here is truth. Donald Trump is hopelessly incompetent Whil Kamala Harris is an experienced, successful, and educated candidate.  Trump's only weapon in a campaign against her is to claim she is not black enough.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 53

oceanedge2 posted...

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted...
Should race be a factor? You and kid boy seem to think so.
============================================
I do not but......be it true or not......she owns it.

On what planet? Most want to depend on the truth. You are aware our entire legal system dedicated to "true or not"? That you have determined does not apply to Senator Harris. Are you simply missing Michelle?

========================================================

Your post does not make sense.

This is what I posted...

"I do not but Ms Harris has used her race ...saying she is the only black in the Democratic race...be it true or not...she owns it.

I see this issue was on CBS News tonight....sorry but the issue will not go away. It might just offend African Americans."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I posted the truth I wish you would.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That is the black American experience.

How are you to know what the Black American experience is?  From what I've observed the experience of any race in America is what the person makes of it.  Compare it to a foot race, the slow of foot finds the race too fast (difficult, with odds against them), and drops out;  the fast of foot finds it too slow (over achievers).

It can't all be blamed on race but on the ambition of the person to better themselves in life.

Even Harris' own father has criticized her for playing identity politics:

https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/donald-harris-slams-his-daughter-senator-kamala-harris-for-fraud...

If she can't stand on her own merits, or be supported for them, she doesn't deserve to to be President.

Now, if we had just applied that rule to the snowflake who occupies the White House at the moment.......... Harris easily stands on her own accomplishments, her eduction, and her experience. The fact that she is a black woman is simply one facet of her life.

We compare that to Trump who can barely read, has no accomplishments or experience, and bounces from one catastrophe to another while in office.  

Just because Harris is not black enough to please Donald Jr. does not mean she has no experience being black. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That is the black American experience.

How are you to know what the Black American experience is?  From what I've observed the experience of any race in America is what the person makes of it.  Compare it to a foot race, the slow of foot finds the race too fast (difficult, with odds against them), and drops out;  the fast of foot finds it too slow (over achievers).

It can't all be blamed on race but on the ambition of the person to better themselves in life.

Even Harris' own father has criticized her for playing identity politics:

https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/donald-harris-slams-his-daughter-senator-kamala-harris-for-fraud...

If she can't stand on her own merits, or be supported for them, she doesn't deserve to to be President.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Only white people don’t want to talk about race.

I don’t understand your last question. She’s black and she’s American. How can she NOT identify with the black American experience? 

I am well aware of racial matters with my family having had to face them in the past.  We didn't dwell on it but used it to make good friendships that has lasted for decades.  The more anyone dwells on topics like this, the worse they become.  What makes you an authority on the topic? 

Yes, Harris is American, but she doesn't share the heritage that Blacks with American ancestry has.  Her Black heritage is the same as Obama's, from a different country.  She is appropriating that heritage for political purposes.

Mentioning race isn’t “dwelling on it.”   Mentioning race just happens to make a certain kind of white person uncomfortable. And she mentioned it in context. It wasn’t out of the blue.

She was born and raised in this country and has experienced life here as a black person. As much as you want to think race is invisible, it’s not. That belief is the epitome of white privilege. It’s a privilege to never have to think about race.

She has to think about race every day. She has no choice. Just like when she was a kid and the white neighbor wouldn’t let her kids play with her because she was black. It’s that experience times a thousand.  That is the black American experience. She’s lived it. She is it. And nobody has a right to define her reality for her. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 53

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Only white people don’t want to talk about race.

I don’t understand your last question. She’s black and she’s American. How can she NOT identify with the black American experience? 

I am well aware of racial matters with my family having had to face them in the past.  We didn't dwell on it but used the situations to make good friendships that has lasted for decades.  The more anyone dwells on topics like this, the worse they become.  What makes you an authority on the topic? 

Yes, Harris is American, but she doesn't share the heritage that Blacks with American ancestry has.  Her Black heritage is the same as Obama's, from a different country.  She is appropriating that heritage for political purposes.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22